IGNORED

Sunshine Mary suggests rape as a cure for a frigid wife

snuggles911

Sunshine Mary has a post today about whether it's OK for husbands and wives to deny each other sexually: sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/should-a-christian-husband-withhold-sex-to-punish-a-misbehaving-wife.

In the comments section she suggests that if a wife is not meeting her marital obligation, a husband can cure her by raping her once or twice.

But I think this thing — we'll just call it the husband taking what by all rights already belongs to him anyway — would solve the problem regardless of what the reason for the problem even when it's something that would not be enjoyable for the husband because, despite popular mythology, most men do not wish to do this thing. But doing so once or twice would almost certainly fix the problem of her not wanting to.

She links to this MRA website: heartise.wordpress.com/2011/03/28/more-women-have-rape-fantasies-than-previously-thought. The blog host claims that a scientific study proves that a majority of women fantasize about being raped. He says that the fantasies aren't about consensual role playing with someone the woman is attracted to, but of actual violently being raped. So, he concludes, women really want to be raped.

Sunshine agrees with him. She posted a link to a page of romance novels with bodice-ripping artwork on their covers. If women like these books, it must mean that they're secretly turned on by the thought of being raped. :angry-banghead:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, barf. Newsflash: Traumatizing a woman sexually and hurting her will not make her likelier to want to have sex with you.

Perhaps she's frigid because she's married to a rapist?

I suppose armed robbery is appropriate for a cheap person, bullets are good for bullet wounds etc. For real?

Dumb twat. :angry-banghead:

These idiots take the term denying sex and not being in the mood as the same thing. I doubt the bible means someone can never say no but of coarse these stupid Christians want to take it that way. But this is past stupid this is a bit insane.

Well, it would probably make her too afraid to ever resist her husband again, so I guess if you're married to a guy sick enough to do something like that, then he'd probably consider it "mission accomplished". The only thing worse than men who espouse these views are women who back them up.

I feel like this is one of the worst things I've read here, and that's really saying a lot.

"we'll just call it the husband taking what by all rights already belongs to him anyway"

Absolutely infuriating

That is honestly one of the sickest things I've ever read. Why in the world would anyone get married if it meant they "belonged" to their husband to the point that rape is okay. Rape is a crime. These "Christians" are SICK.

Gross.

Guess what? When he's arrested, claiming "Sunshine Mary said that women like this" isn't going to keep him out of jail.

Wow. So women really don't own their own bodies. See I was under the impression that my vagina belonged to me and I got to decide what entered it. How wrong I was.

Besides its horrifying repugnantness, this doesn't seem like much of a cure anyway. Wouldn't the wife be far less likely to want sex after being raped? That sure wouldn't make most women feel close.

Sunshine Mary needs her sunshine shoved up her ass! The rape fantasy is usually a man starting forcefully but ends with mutual passion. I've never heard of a fantasy of violent rape. Marital rape is just as violent as date or stranger rape. She needs to do some real research. I can't imagine what rape victims really go through. Sunshine Mary is not an example of Christian love.

Sunshine Mary needs her sunshine shoved up her ass! The rape fantasy is usually a man starting forcefully but ends with mutual passion. I've never heard of a fantasy of violent rape.

I have, and I think it's fairly common, but the key is that it's a fantasy, and in no way means that the woman wants to actually be raped.

I just threw up in my mouth a little. Really, rape your wife once or twice and she'll never deny you again?

There would be no body to be found if a man ever tried to rape me. A man will not die because his wife is not feeling well, not in the mood or any other reason she has for not wanting to have sex. Sunshine needs to rename herself because nothing she writes brings up the image of sunshine in my mind.

I have, and I think it's fairly common, but the key is that it's a fantasy, and in no way means that the woman wants to actually be raped.

Yeah--what part of fantasy do these people not understand?

I've never had violent rape fantasies, but I've known women who do. And they will be the first to tell you that there is no way they would ever want those imaginary scenarios to become reality.

No matter how brutal or degrading the fantasy, it is still just that--fantasy. No matter what scene is playing out in her head, she is the one ultimately in control. She is the one dictating how it will play out. And if she wants it to stop, or go in a different direction of her choosing, she can make that happen. To make the jump from "Women fantasize about rape" to "Women really want to be raped" is beyond idiotic--it completely misses the whole point of why it's a fantasy in the first place.

I never thought I would wish rape on someone - but right now, I kinda am.

I'm wishing her a tire iron to run right through her empty head so, well, don't feel too bad. :violence-chainsaw:

Dear Shitstain Mary,

Rapists, you know, once caught, go straight to jail most of the times. And you know, in prison, other people too, think, that they just have to go and "get what's theirs anyway". Think about this for a little before advising rape to people. What makes you think that there are people who can rape and cannot BE raped? You have got a lot of catching up with the real world, asshole. I mean, honey. And this is the most collected, nicest and kindest way for me to express myself, so I hope you appreciate it.

These idiots take the term denying sex and not being in the mood as the same thing. I doubt the bible means someone can never say no but of coarse these stupid Christians want to take it that way. But this is past stupid this is a bit insane.

I had gone through the Bible thoroughly (just to know what I'm fighting) and I was kinda forced to attend Bible classes.

The Biblical God is a narcissistic, vindictive, misogynistic psychopath, that is true.

But these fuckers love to talk in the name of Jesus. JESUS never ever EVER! advised anyone to rape, steal, hate women, grub money, etc.

Perhaps she's frigid because she's married to a rapist?

Yes. I'm not going to sound like the voice of understanding here when say that these people should take an overdose and end their misery by their own hands. Srsly, I don't care and I don't want them to exist especially to talk out. No. There is too much violence, pain, rape, hatred in this world. We do not need any more.

I think it's pretty safe to say that this is not what God and/or Jesus intended.

Yes. I'm not going to sound like the voice of understanding here when say that these people should take an overdose and end their misery by their own hands. Srsly, I don't care and I don't want them to exist especially to talk out. No. There is too much violence, pain, rape, hatred in this world. We do not need any more.

I know what you mean. I normally hate thinking that people are worthless, but this Shitstain bunch is. I even tried to pity her for a nanosecond, but I just cannot bring myself to follow through. It makes me sick to my stomach that anyone would advocate such views and then gleefully put them out for display. What she is saying goes beyond comprehension and just shows exactly what a disgusting person she is.

For the second time this week -- Mary, please do the world a favor and fuck right on off.

It looks like she may have edited the post- I couldn't find those quotes in her post or comments to readers.

Archived