IGNORED

Cleveland Captives & Ariel Castro Suicide - Merge

Flossie

Castro still wants his daughter by rape to visit him.

However it is not happening, from what the judge said.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank goodness. I feel terrible for that poor little girl. I hope she is getting lots of therapy and hopefully she's young enough to forget the things she saw or heard in that house. But as she gets older, I hope she has a lot of support as she learns about the situation in which she was conceived and the man who fathered her. I can't imagine how horrifying that will be for her.

The house is down. :cracking-up:

I'm glad that they will be pulverizing the pieces of the house so there won't be any remnants for people to keep or sell.

Michelle Knight came and they showed her handing out yellow balloons to people along the street who then released them all in a coordinated effort. She is an amazingly strong women. They all are. And Cleveland is happy to rally around them.

Darn it, the server ate my reply. Let's see if I can recreate it...

Michelle Knight is amazing. I had heard that the yellow balloons were to represent those who are still missing.

And I agree that tearing that house down is the right call. I have relatives who work for the city of Cleveland with vacant lots. I'm certain they will have no qualms about having this one added to the list. If the house had been allowed to stand, I don't care how high that fence is - teenagers would have figured out ways to break in so they could brag, "Yeah, I was IN that house!" People would try to take pieces of that house away as sick souvenirs. The house needed to come down for the sake of that neighborhood. I'm one of the people who hopes that the land is turned into a park, or something like a community garden - make something unifying out of the space.

I'm one of the people who hopes that the land is turned into a park, or something like a community garden - make something unifying out of the space.

They said on the news this morning (live at the scene) that there are plans to plant wildflowers there. And Michelle requested there be a statute of an angel - but I don't think there is a decision about that yet.

I don't think wishing agony and torment upon him is good for a person, and I don't want prisons to be used as instruments of agony and torment. But he has demonstrated by his actions that he is devoted to things that destroy other people and willing to kill in order to get what he wants, and he has made it clear by his statements that he would do it again if he hadn't been caught. I think that is the kind of person the death penalty should be for. I think he should die, not as a deterrent or punishment, but to remove him.

There are fates worse than death, and Ariel Castro will suffer that fate. I'm not condoning violence, just stating a fact.

Good! If I were a child of rape, I would not want to visit my sperm donor in prison or out.

I have so much admiration for Michelle. she us really shining! I think that the fact there were there together really helped them survive. They are all amazing!

Castro, when he signed over the house for demolition cried. He said that he had a lot of happy memories with the women there.

WTF is wrong with this man? Sociopath, narcissist, and sexual sadist only begins to cover it.

Did anyone catch the special Lifetime did on this? I DVR'ed it , but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

• 4 weeks later...

After a month in jail, they found him hanging in his cell a couple hours ago. Not including any links, it's all over the web already.

After a month in jail, they found him hanging in his cell a couple hours ago. Not including any links, it's all over the web already.

I saw that on Facebook. I guess he couldn't handle being in jail for a month. Coward. But yay for saving the tax payers money in housing and such for him.

I'm not surprised. I honestly expected to hear he had been killed by other inmates within a year. Baby rapists don't survive in prison.

I'm not surprised. I honestly expected to hear he had been killed by other inmates within a year. Baby rapists don't survive in prison.

He was kept isolated for that reason, wasn't he?

I'm certainly not going to weep over his grave.

Just heard about this. How.On.Earth. was he not supervised? He was clearly high-risk.

ETA: What a fucker.

This news brings me great satisfaction. I bet this is a tremendous relief to his former captives, and can only be a good thing for the child he fathered during those horrendous ten years.

What a coward!

I guess its going to make it easier for Amanda Berry's child to have a relationship with her much older brother, who also suffered abuse at the hands of this creep.

He took the coward's way out, as his victims spent all those years in captivity. I think that if there is a hell, then this monster is going to get what he really deserves.

Either way, good riddance! :happy-jumpeveryone:

Ariel Castro was found hanging in his jail cell last night.

cnn.com/2013/09/04/justice/ariel-castro-cleveland-kidnapper-death/index.html?c=homepage-t&page=4

Hope I posted the link correctly- first time posting a link, and I'm on my phone!

I just posted this in the first thread- didn't see it here, sorry (insert red-faced smiley here).

I have to admit, I'm torn between being glad this saves the state money and angry because he was able to 'escape' when his captives were held for much, much longer before their escape. I guess he just couldn't handle it.

Just heard this myself. Good riddance. Piece of nasty shitty filth. Too bad his victims couldn't a kicked the stool out from under him.

I was just searching for this thread to report this. Here's a link to the AP's story: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ohio-man ... found-dead

Being from the area, my Facebook newsfeed was all about this this morning. I think what one of my friends wrote also sums up how I feel - part of me wanted him to rot in jail and have to face what he did every day, but there's also that feeling of, "good riddance" now that he's dead.

Archived