IGNORED

Duggar laundry room tour

gustava

Well Michele asked god for help with the laundry and just said have faith and look what she got?

So why isn't Joy's middle name "Faith"? :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is the Howler wearing an eyepatch? An other little accident (well in that case we can see it in one of the following episodes.. Filmed with an IPhone ;) )

I don't understand. I do 4 loads of laundry per week for a family of three in a smallish washing machine. If there are 21 of them (3x7) then I would expect them to do 28 loads (4x7) per week. But their machines also have a larger capacity than mine, so 28 loads is generous.

We don't change outfits all the time just for giggles, but my partner and I do change out of our work clothes into comfies in the evening, and our son often changes out of his school uniform shirt into a t-shirt. We mostly wash stuff everytime we wear it.

What the hell are they washing in those 60+ loads?

Yeah, I don't understand why they do 6 loads a day. My family of 3 did about 2 loads a week. We wash clothes once they are dirty or smelly, not after wearing them once. The Duggars don't seem to be clean freaks and like to pretend to be frugal, so it's odd that they would wear something once before washing it. I think they could easily get by with 2 loads a day.

Also, their packing skills suck (gathered from one of the episodes where Jessa shows us how she folds a stack of shirts and throws them in a suitcase). It'a annoying that the viewers are supposed to be impressed with how much laundry they do and how many suitcases they take on a trip when in reality they are just inefficient.

Yeah, I don't understand why they do 6 loads a day. My family of 3 did about 2 loads a week. We wash clothes once they are dirty or smelly, not after wearing them once. The Duggars don't seem to be clean freaks and like to pretend to be frugal, so it's odd that they would wear something once before washing it. I think they could easily get by with 2 loads a day.

Also, their packing skills suck (gathered from one of the episodes where Jessa shows us how she folds a stack of shirts and throws them in a suitcase). It'a annoying that the viewers are supposed to be impressed with how much laundry they do and how many suitcases they take on a trip when in reality they are just inefficient.

I'm guessing they're following Lori's advice and making sure that their girls aren't "bored" at home (and thus at risk of wanting a real job, money, independent existence) by giving them time consuming useless activities in the name of "good housekeeping". I do 4-5 loads of laundry for my family of 5 a week and that includes all sheets and towels. They're probably doing a variation on my middle daughter's favorite trick of putting things she pulled out of her drawers but didn't want to wear in the laundry basket instead of back in the drawer.

Yeah, better keep them hard at work all day so they dont have time to want more out of life. That and being exhausted from all the work means theyre easier to control.

I'm sad to say it, but Joy-Anna sounds so ignorant. Her accent is country far more than Jana, Jessa and Jinger. She sounds like Jill, except worse. Maybe just inarticulate, but I suspect the SOTDRT is to blame.

I'm sad to say it, but Joy-Anna sounds so ignorant. Her accent is country far more than Jana, Jessa and Jinger. She sounds like Jill, except worse. Maybe just inarticulate, but I suspect the SOTDRT is to blame.

I noticed her accent too. She sounded like a Bates.

Because people from the country can't be intelligent due to how they sound? :snooty:

I submitted a comment which I highly doubt will be approved. I wrote "Shouldn't Mother of the Year Michelle help with the laundry rather than making an elderly woman do it." I signed it Penny S.

Penny, they posted our comments! There's quite a bit about poor Grandma.

It's not so much her accent, but I've noticed before that her grammar is atrocious. Aside from that, she just isn't as polished a speaker as her sisters; they've had more experience with the camera and public speaking.

The poor girl is clearly miserable. I wonder if the fact that she hated cooking is the reason she got stuck in that hole. The final scene which was filmed to look like a pile of laundry was falling down on her was especially sad.

Because people from the country can't be intelligent due to how they sound? :snooty:

Yeah, this. I'm from a part of the UK with an, uh, distinctive accent that is often associated with being 'dumb'. Accent or dialect has nothing to do with intelligence.

The Duggars disgust me. Grandma is being used like a work horse, and you can bet the boys don't do household chores like laundry and cleaning.

I remember someone once commented they thought Grandma did the washing to spare her granddaughters. I agree completely and think of it every time i see a clip like this. How did Michelle reach a point where she doesn't see anything wrong with treating her MiL as a servant? I would feel so guilty.

I know someone who only has one child and does this to her MiL. We were visiting one day and witnessed the woman quizzing her live-in MiL about if the laundry was done, if certain items had been handwashed, if the floors had been scrubbed because that should have been done the day before and the conversation ended with her informing the poor lady that she had to take the child out for pizza on her own dime. Not a bit of guilt showed in this exchange. And the MiL is providing free child care for these people plus paying them rent.

A lot of people have no decency.

I'm guessing sheets and towels. I dont wash my bathrobe everyday (or my hair towel), but they likely have to be dressed and dried immediately to remain their modesty, dumping towels down the laundry chute... Sheets must be inspected for evidence of sin weekly...

I read the latest parentable. She mentioned how Joy loves to organize and that's why Joy got laundry duty. Seriously? I love to organize, but that doesn't mean I want to do 60+ loads of laundry a week.

Oh yes, Michelle only pitches in for the "deep cleaning". LOL There was no mention of her doing any cleaning aside from "deep cleaning" whatever that is.

She got stuck with all the laundry because she loves to organize? JFC. I noticed how several times she kept mentioning that it was "hard." Especially when referencing how they just moved all the girls' clothes upstairs. Why did they move everything? Interesting how the girls' things could be downstairs when it was Jessa and Jinger's "jurisdiction," but now that they don't bother with laundry anymore, it's ok to move everything upstairs - possibly because they don't feel like running downstairs to get their clothes every morning? I feel so bad for poor Joy. She really does look unhappy.

What's with Michelle only helping with deep cleaning? To my knowledge, deep cleaning just means that you get down and dirty and scrub something good and deep, like you would with spring cleaning. How often do you really need to deep clean, especially when you are keeping up with it daily? Honestly, will the question of exactly what the fuck Michelle does all day ever be answered?

And I agree with everyone else who says that Gramma Duggar sticks around and offers to help so much in order to take some of the burden off the girls. We know from way back that she doesn't approve of them having all those kids. I'm sure she sees the absurdity of it just as we do. Irritates me that the boys seem to have so few chores in comparison to the girls as well.

I know someone who only has one child and does this to her MiL. We were visiting one day and witnessed the woman quizzing her live-in MiL about if the laundry was done, if certain items had been handwashed, if the floors had been scrubbed because that should have been done the day before and the conversation ended with her informing the poor lady that she had to take the child out for pizza on her own dime. Not a bit of guilt showed in this exchange. And the MiL is providing free child care for these people plus paying them rent.

A lot of people have no decency.

My parents always lived in their own home while they were still alive. But if I'd tried this shit on either of them while they were visiting, they wouldn't have had to read me the riot act, because Mr. Snarky would have.

So why isn't Joy's middle name "Faith"? :lol:

No I'm not sure if it's a middle name or hyphenated but it's Joy Anna/Joy-Anna. Johanna's middle name is Faith.

Grandma Mary lives in what was a guest room right? Who on earth puts their guest room when you have to pass through the laundry room to get to it? The laundry is the area I want to keep my guests away from!

I wonder if something happened to the boy with the eye patch (Justin?) or if it was for 'fun'. Not like these kids get to play pirate games but still.

I find that Joy talks the way she does because of all the time she spends with the howlers who talk like that - she's less refined than the girls, and I think that is a good thing (the more she hangs with the boys, the more she realizes that the gender system they have in place is bullshit).

I also like that she's in the laundry room because she gets to be away from the J'Slaves' influence. Honestly, the less she sees of the J'Slaves the better. I'm glad Joy doesn't want to hang out with them - maybe if she lacks that kind of bonding she might be more inclined to escape?

I've written previously about grandma Duggar's laundry duty. This poor woman should NOT be doing 70 loads a week of laundry while the young teenage boys are running around with so much free time. Out of all the crazy stuff the Duggars does, the disproportionate responsibilities of the girls irks me the worst. They depend on the older girls (and grandma) to run the household. This leaves the parents and older boys free to run around while touting their wonderful family life.

It didn't hit me how lopsided the chores were until an episode where Josh was struggling to buckle his infant daughter into her car seat. It made me realize that if even the oldest boy was spared the heavy childcare responsibilities, what were the responsibilities of the younger boys? Poor Joy. She is surrounded by boys in birth order. It must feel incredibly unfair to see her brothers, only a few years in age difference, running around having fun while she's stuck in the laundry room folding clothes or caring for younger siblings. Of course, she's told she's training for her future in homemaking. However, something must be going through her head as she watches her brothers play and have free time while she cleans after them. After all, while there's always laundry and cooking to do, the boys are no longer kept busy with farm work. The entire situation just sucks ass.

Wow. That was depressing. Poor Joy. :cry:

Seriously -- all I can do is echo the others who have asked when in God's name will they ever show or explain what the hell Michelle does all day while she works her daughters and mother in law like slaves? She should be ashamed of herself.

Also it's pathetic that the older boys can't/won't/aren't allowed to pitch in and help with a laundry pile that huge. Ridiculous.

Wow. That was depressing. Poor Joy. :cry:

Seriously -- all I can do is echo the others who have asked when in God's name will they ever show or explain what the hell Michelle does all day while she works her daughters and mother in law like slaves? She should be ashamed of herself.

Also it's pathetic that the older boys can't/won't/aren't allowed to pitch in and help with a laundry pile that huge. Ridiculous.

What Michelle does all day:

Sex with Jimbob

Write bullshit articles about how she managed to care for so many kids, occaisionally stopping to go down to the laundry room or kitchen to ask a Jslave how old their buddy is or what they are learning at the SOTDRT cause she doesnt have a clue.

Lie in bed all day waited on by Jslaves, who she forces to make all her favourite meals. She thinks the coffee tastes so good because the secret ingredient is the crushed spirits of her children, which go into every cup, but the real secret ingredient is the pill, which Jinger is secretly putting into every cup as shes done with this crap.

Daydream about finally having #20 and having a newborn

Punish the kids for not working hard enough, and consider hiring someone for plumbing line duties so she doesnt have to bother doing that

More sex with Jimbob

Change her clothes 5 times a day (multiple copies of those same few outfits she always wears) just to keep Grandma busy.

Eat extra large portions of Tator Tot Casserole so in a few months she can pull a Dede and pretend to be pregnant forever.

Make rediculous demands for the kids just to keep them busy and not planning the rebellion...although its not working because theyre actually plotting to lock their parents in the prayer closet for the day and have a party.

Sex with Jimbob again

Read 50 shades of gray while pretending to read the Bible.

Sex with Jimbob again, this time with a few helpful suggestions

Lock the small children in a room with food and paint to keep them busy while their buddies are working...at the end of the day they can just lock Jana in there overnight to clean up

Tease her kids about how she can do whatever she wants and they cant

More sex.

Yeah, this. I'm from a part of the UK with an, uh, distinctive accent that is often associated with being 'dumb'. Accent or dialect has nothing to do with intelligence.

I know that having an accent doesn't make her stupid. It CAN make someone SOUND uneducated or inarticulate. And I spoke with a Brooklyn accent until my teens. Another accent associated with being "dumb".

I'm not Betty Crocker by any stretch of the imagination, but doesn't the laundry room look a little...dirty? It's very neat and "organized", but the place looks like it needs a good scrub-down.

Archived