IGNORED

Duggar laundry room tour

gustava

hopefully Joy is atleast able to spend more time with grandma as grandma may be the only sain adult in the family. The worst part about the boys not having to do anychores is that they are going to grow up thinking this is the norm. So if they ever venture out into the real world not only are they going to have to learn all this stuff themselves they may be shocked that not all women are willing to pick up after them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what infuriates me the most about Joy being stuck on laundry duty? If Joy were living with reasonable parents, who let her have friends and interests outside the compound, she would probably be a very good athlete and probably a good student. I think she's smart, but learning at the SOTDRT has done her no favors.

Joy has a different body type than the other girls. I'm not saying anything is wrong with her body- she's a very pretty young lady. I'd like to be built like her.... Really, I'd just like to be a lot thinner than I am now and not jiggly (which I am now). I hope Boob and Mullet don't constantly compare her to the other girls. They're individuals. They're not all alike. They're all beautiful and lovely just the way they are, but I doubt Boob and Mullet see it that way. Too bad she's locked in the stupid laundry closet and not outside doing something she likes-- such as soccer, basketball, volleyball, running, hiking or biking.

No I'm not sure if it's a middle name or hyphenated but it's Joy Anna/Joy-Anna. Johanna's middle name is Faith.

Grandma Mary lives in what was a guest room right? Who on earth puts their guest room when you have to pass through the laundry room to get to it? The laundry is the area I want to keep my guests away from!

I wonder if something happened to the boy with the eye patch (Justin?) or if it was for 'fun'. Not like these kids get to play pirate games but still.

You don't put a guest room next to the laundry room, but you might put a servant's room there. Think about Alice in The Brady Bunch.

The only 'deep cleaning' Michelle does is to douche out her bowling alley with a firehose every month.

hopefully Joy is atleast able to spend more time with grandma as grandma may be the only sain adult in the family. The worst part about the boys not having to do anychores is that they are going to grow up thinking this is the norm. So if they ever venture out into the real world not only are they going to have to learn all this stuff themselves they may be shocked that not all women are willing to pick up after them.

Not sure about Grandma's sanity. She did take water/sand/dirt from the Jordan River/Sea of Galilee when they were in Israel.

Not sure about Grandma's sanity. She did take water/sand/dirt from the Jordan River/Sea of Galilee when they were in Israel.

I don't consider that necessarily crazy. I grew up Catholic, and one of my classmate's parents went to I believe it was Madjegoria, however the hell you spell it, and got brought back little vials of water from the fountain for all of us. (I think it was that one. Whichever holy place where Mary supposedly appeared to children where there's a well.) The River Jordan/Sea of Galilee/Jerusalem is a pretty major religious pilgrimage place, so I can see many people wanting some "dirt that Jesus walked on" kind of thing.

I've also seen people take little sand samples from different beaches they go to. I saw a neat thing on Pinterest where you do that and then layer them in a clear glass bottle for decoration and a reminder of your trips. I've personally collected rocks from different places I've visited because I like rocks and it's something easy to transport...and free!

I have a bottle of Holy Water from Knock sitting on my shelf... from my trip in 2005... says the cray-cray Irish Catholic Diva.

And this lovely answer on the original blog post:

Anonymous said...

Grandma Duggar isn't forced to do the laundry but like something to do and that is what she has picked to do instead of siting on her bottom. Justin was wereing an eye patch for some time because of a lazy eye but when I saw him just two weeks ago he was doing just fine. What type of laundry soap do the Duggars use? They actually make there own laundry soap here is the link to the recipe http://duggarsblog.blogspot.com/2011/03 ... p.html?m=1 . What hair products do the Duggars use? The Duggar girls do perms and just mainly use the bargain price products for that, but for hair spray they use Aussie brand and it seems to work for them, and when they flat iron there hair they use what's called Healthy Sexy Hair but they put a sticker over the middle word, it makes flat ironing or as my brothers would call it burning your hair only like ten minutes and very effective. The boys do help with the laundry, Michelle doesn't have a whole lot of time though to spend doing the laundry with helping with homeschooling and training the younger ones.

There are so many things to snark about in that paragraph, I just .... I can't.

You know what infuriates me the most about Joy being stuck on laundry duty? If Joy were living with reasonable parents, who let her have friends and interests outside the compound, she would probably be a very good athlete and probably a good student. I think she's smart, but learning at the SOTDRT has done her no favors.

Joy has a different body type than the other girls. I'm not saying anything is wrong with her body- she's a very pretty young lady. I'd like to be built like her.... Really, I'd just like to be a lot thinner than I am now and not jiggly (which I am now). I hope Boob and Mullet don't constantly compare her to the other girls. They're individuals. They're not all alike. They're all beautiful and lovely just the way they are, but I doubt Boob and Mullet see it that way. Too bad she's locked in the stupid laundry closet and not outside doing something she likes-- such as soccer, basketball, volleyball, running, hiking or biking.

I agree on all of your points. I could totally see Joy being into soccer or something.

I also think that she and Jana are just naturally curvier than the others. Absolutely gorgeous, but not stick thin. If Jim Bob and Michelle ARE comparing all the girls together, it would explain why Jana was going to Weight Watchers and seeming very reclusive.

I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to Joy. :cry:

Yeah, I also see Joy as the kind of girl, who if she had gone to a real school and be allowed to be herself, would be on various sports teams. But seeing as shes a Duggar, that wouldnt be allowed, she cant do boy things :o

I hope they arent comparing them to eachother, all of the girls are beautiful in their own way and a perfectly healthy weight. I suppose for Michelle its easier for the girls to all have the same body type, so they can all wear the same clothes.

Its such a waste of a life for all of the kids, theyre not being allowed to live to their full potential because theyre being squashed by their parents.

I can't believe Jim Bob & Michelle have Joy and Grandma do all the laundry.

As a mother of 20 and 16 kids living under the same roof at one time

I did the laundry and it usually was 34 loads a week.

But I also had a rule that any kid 12 and up was responsible for their own laundry. (clothes)

I still did the younger kids laundry and the towels and bedding.

It gave my kids responsibility and my sons were required to do their own laundry too.

They each had their own day when they would do their laundry.

We have 2 washers and dryers. In the summertime, clothes were hung outside to dry.

As a mother, I can't imagine dumping all the housework and most of the parenting on my 2 oldest daughters.

As a Christian parent, I can't believe the mistreatment of the oldest daughters that clearly is Not Biblical Correct!! :naughty: :naughty:

I know someone who only has one child and does this to her MiL. We were visiting one day and witnessed the woman quizzing her live-in MiL about if the laundry was done, if certain items had been handwashed, if the floors had been scrubbed because that should have been done the day before and the conversation ended with her informing the poor lady that she had to take the child out for pizza on her own dime. Not a bit of guilt showed in this exchange. And the MiL is providing free child care for these people plus paying them rent.

A lot of people have no decency.

My MIL lived with us after her divorce. I had just had my first baby and was expecting the second(got knocked up less than 3 months after giving birth to the first one - breastfeeding aint bc :doh: ), and she was a godsend. She was a wonderful person, and I did her laundry and cooked for her, we bought her anything she needed, and we would hang out and talk for hours. She had always helped anyone she could and gone out of her way for others and she deserved to be treated well in her later years. She loved spending time with my babies and they adored her. I did those things for her because she was my elder and because I loved her. That's how you should treat your elders. She was not my slave and all I expected of her was to change a dirty diaper occasionally (we played the you-touched-the-kid-last-it's-your-turn-to-change-'em-game). When I had morning sickness she would just pick up the slack. God, she was a remarkable individual, and proved every MIL joke wrong. She passed away 8 months ago and I still miss her so very much. She was 4 foot 11 and had a temper; she'd have popped that woman in the mouth and been right in doing it.

I also think that she and Jana are just naturally curvier than the others. Absolutely gorgeous, but not stick thin. If Jim Bob and Michelle ARE comparing all the girls together, it would explain why Jana was going to Weight Watchers and seeming very reclusive.

I just hope the same thing doesn't happen to Joy. :cry:

When did Jana go to Weight Watchers!? And I wonder who she went with, since ya know, she isn't allowed to go alone. I wonder if the workers there were all like :cray-cray: when she joined.

Ewwww.

I do. A lot of laundry, having a potty-trainer and also a toddler. I also have bad allergies so I wash bedding, bath mats, little throw rugs, etc, etc weekly. It ends being a lot of laundry for only 4 people.

I'm guessing sheets and towels. I dont wash my bathrobe everyday (or my hair towel), but they likely have to be dressed and dried immediately to remain their modesty, dumping towels down the laundry chute... Sheets must be inspected for evidence of sin weekly...

Whoops, I meant to quote that first on my ewww comment. D'oh!

But I also had a rule that any kid 12 and up was responsible for their own laundry. (clothes)

It gave my kids responsibility and my sons were required to do their own laundry too.

We have 2 washers and dryers. In the summertime, clothes were hung outside to dry.

As a mother, I can't imagine dumping all the housework and most of the parenting on my 2 oldest daughters.

As a Christian parent, I can't believe the mistreatment of the oldest daughters that clearly is Not Biblical Correct!! :naughty: :naughty:

Wait... Mother of 20? Did you deliver every one of them? :o

Errr....hello. :o

When did Jana go to Weight Watchers!? And I wonder who she went with, since ya know, she isn't allowed to go alone. I wonder if the workers there were all like :cray-cray: when she joined.

I am pretty sure she went with Michelle and possibly JimBoob. Or maybe she did it mainly online? I don't remember exactly but I remember it was mentioned in an episode.

Maybe she did WW at the SODRT?

I am pretty sure she went with Michelle and possibly JimBoob. Or maybe she did it mainly online? I don't remember exactly but I remember it was mentioned in an episode.

Maybe she did WW at the SODRT?

She at least went to a few meetings as the episode where they highlighted Jana and Michelle going to Weight Watchers, with Jim Bib tagging along, the weigh in worker mentioned them being in her meeting group for a while. I think there was even an earlier thread here on FJ where people mentioned that Jana probably relished her meetings as it got her out if the house without her buddies and gave her alone time with her Mom.

We are a family of six (two adults, four children aged 6-16) and we do one-to-two loads of laundry per day. Once my children reach the age of 8, they are responsible for their own laundry. We have a laundry roster and my children know that when it's your day to do your laundry, you just do it. 'Do laundry' means wash, hang on the line to dry, take down, fold and put away.

The Duggars, with four washers and four dryers, could easily have each child over the age of 8 be responsible for his/her own laundry.

OK. (This bothers me every time we have a thread that includes this person).

a) I am a grandmother myself. I love being a grandmother. I love the fact that my granddaughter has (recently) learned how to say Grandma (grammaw phonetically for a 2 year old). No questions about any of this.

b) In all the rest of my life, I am "First name" or "First name Last name". No one outside of my granddaughter calls me Grandma. I do have the remainder of my identity.

Jim Bob's mother's name is Mary Duggar. It annoys me to NO END that every one else, and every publicity anything, and every episode, refers to her as Grandma, and never by her name. It's part and parcel of the assumption that she only exists to do their dirty work (laundry, anyone?).

Her name is MARY DUGGAR.

What are you all complaining about the duggars can run their own Magdalene laundries! /end snark

Archived