IGNORED

Duggar laundry room tour

gustava

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I submitted a comment which I highly doubt will be approved. I wrote "Shouldn't Mother of the Year Michelle help with the laundry rather than making an elderly woman do it." I signed it Penny S.

Poor Joy, I guess that she us the official under laundry maid.

Too bad she and Grandma aren't house elves. They'd gain their freedom the first time someone gave them a fresh load of dirty socks.

Do they offer tours for the males of the house? I can't imagine they're familiar with that particular corner of the TTH.

I also asked about great-grandma's jurisdiction. As for the home made laundry soap, when my family makes it, we pour it into those neat dispensers with the spout on the side. They'd have to buy soap every few days, if they're not making it.

There's a series of these videos, loading one after the other. Joy and Justin (of the eye patch and suit) seem to be the only ones in them. And she says the girls' clothes have been moved upstairs - maybe they don't need the sewing room anymore. Any idea where else you can put 9 people's clothes in their dorm?

Joy is such a very pretty girl! I hope she does not succumb to her older sisters make-up tips.

I also asked about great-grandma's jurisdiction. As for the home made laundry soap, when my family makes it, we pour it into those neat dispensers with the spout on the side. They'd have to buy soap every few days, if they're not making it.

There's a series of these videos, loading one after the other. Joy and Justin (of the eye patch and suit) seem to be the only ones in them. And she says the girls' clothes have been moved upstairs - maybe they don't need the sewing room anymore. Any idea where else you can put 9 people's clothes in their dorm?

I'm confused by this too! We just saw bins for the girls' (and ladies', I refuse to let the eldest four be girls. So I'm calling them ladies) shoes in the room Joy was standing in (the closet) so the shoes are downstairs and the clothes upstairs? Didn't they say the whole point of the clothes closet was to not have to carry clothing back up the stairs? Who knows. And yes to the "where are they putting the clothes?" At one time I remember that Michelle had an 'office' upstairs. It was an utter disaster and we know they aren't using it for home schooling material. (Or maybe they are, they just store it and never take it out) So perhaps that room is now the girls'/ladies' clothes closet? Or the sewing room like Rita said.

Also, does anyone know if JB and Michelle keep their clothes in the family closet? Or do they get a special place for their own clothes. My money is on the latter. There's a closet in their room so, it's possible. They don't seem like the type to share.

Also, does anyone know if JB and Michelle keep their clothes in the family closet? Or do they get a special place for their own clothes. My money is on the latter. There's a closet in their room so, it's possible. They don't seem like the type to share.

They do keep their clothes in the closet in their bedroom. There was an episode where they were packing and they show Jim Bob getting his clothes out of the closet in their room.

I remember someone once commented they thought Grandma did the washing to spare her granddaughters. I agree completely and think of it every time i see a clip like this. How did Michelle reach a point where she doesn't see anything wrong with treating her MiL as a servant? I would feel so guilty.

That poor girl looks so downtrodden and sad.

I'd feel guilty too, using my daughters and MiL as slaves like that but it must be second nature to Michelle now.

While I would understand Grandma Duggar maybe doing a bit of washing to help out (which is fair enough if she chooses to) but the fact is she's doing all the washing for 21 people. To stick a load of washing in a washing machine doesn't take very long, neither does bunging it into the tumble drier. Why can't J'chelle or Boob do that too? Or JD? Or Joseph? They all live there too they should be responsible for washing their clothes and bedding too!

Maybe Grandma Duggar does all the washing because that way she actually gets some peace and quiet in that house?

You know what I don't get? That laundry room is the same size (with the same number of dryers and one fewer washer) as the one for my residence at uni, which housed 250 people. Do they each produce ten times the laundry of the average person?

OT, but Joy looks like she's going to end up curvier than her sisters when she's older, which has got to suck in the fundie modesty bull culture.

Perhaps the older girls have one of their closets for clothes now. They wouldn't have to wash their skirts each time they were worn so probably hang them up to avoid wrinkling. I would imagine the little ones' clothes are still in the bins. The girls don't wear shoes inside very often so still stop by the laundry room and grab a pair of shoes on their way out.

Laundry seems to be the jurisdiction where they break the older girls. Jessa and Jinger had it for quite a long time and in 14 Kids either Jana or Jill had that job. Joy will have it for a long time since there is such an age gap between her and Hannie. I suppose one of the Howlers can be the gophers - probably why Justin was beetling about with Joy.

Grandma's bedroom is just off the laundry room. She probably cannot escape the sound of the washers and dryers. They might dull out the noise from all the commotion. Wonder if she sold her house? Josh/Anna's is a rental property that was owned by Mary, right? Wouldn't living with Deanna be preferable?

Perhaps the older girls have one of their closets for clothes now. They wouldn't have to wash their skirts each time they were worn so probably hang them up to avoid wrinkling. I would imagine the little ones' clothes are still in the bins. The girls don't wear shoes inside very often so still stop by the laundry room and grab a pair of shoes on their way out.

Laundry seems to be the jurisdiction where they break the older girls. Jessa and Jinger had it for quite a long time and in 14 Kids either Jana or Jill had that job. Joy will have it for a long time since there is such an age gap between her and Hannie. I suppose one of the Howlers can be the gophers - probably why Justin was beetling about with Joy.

Grandma's bedroom is just off the laundry room. She probably cannot escape the sound of the washers and dryers. They might dull out the noise from all the commotion. Wonder if she sold her house? Josh/Anna's is a rental property that was owned by Mary, right? Wouldn't living with Deanna be preferable?

Bolding mine. I think the view of many FJers (myself included) is that she lives with the Duggars to help ease the burden on the J'slaves and stay favourable with Boob so she can still see all of her grandchildren.

That's such a sad video. The laundry has to be a fairly continuous thing. It's like Joy is working in a hotel rather than going to school.

I tried to watch the Duggars but just dislike them way too much.I fully believe what you guys says about Michelle's lack of mothering. This kind of stuff just cinches it.

Its awful that Jimbob makes his mother sleep just off the laundry room like a servant.

Michelle should have to take over one Jslave's jurisdictions for the week, see how she likes being treated like a slave. Hopefully it might make her think about the awful way she treats her children and her mother in law.

I think that Mary only lives with Jimbob instead of Deanna because she realises how unfairly her grandchildren are being treated, and does the laundry because if she didnt, the kids would be doing it all and she thinks its unfair on them.

Its awful that Jimbob makes his mother sleep just off the laundry room like a servant.

I get what you're saying, but I wonder if Mary might not prefer it there; given the layout of the house it's probably the most peaceful place for her to sleep.

It all kind of depends on whether or not she chose the room or Dim Bulb assigned it to her, though.

Alba, I have always thought that the Duggars create more laundry that the average person-- just another example of their abuse of the environment [and abuse of Grandma]. I am always appalled by how much luggage (and not even counting the suitcases o' snacks) they take on trips, compared to what I take (and also how much laundry they do per capita compared to my household). I put a lot of thought into packing clothes that coordinate into lots of different outfits for different occasions & weather, and I wash undies, socks & some shirts in hotel sinks.

I get the feeling that Duggars kids wear something for even just part of the day & always chuck it into the laundry bin. They family is too big and chaotic to put any thought into coordinating packing, or into hanging up reasonably clean clothes to be worn again. And the irony is --especially for used clothes and hand me downs-- all this excess washing makes the clothes fade and wear out that much faster.

AND lets not forget that the J'Slaves are so often wearing 2-3 tops in hot weather when more reasonable attired women are wearing 1 top! And the boys often wear undershirts. So even more laundry!

Glad it's not just me, HereticHick! And you're right about the abuse of the environment (though they claim they teach their kids to be environmentally-conscious; if they were doing so they'd have a bloody washing line at the least).

I couldn't help but think that the bottles of fabric softener and detergent were awfully small for a family that does 60+ loads a week.

It does seem like Boob and Mullet are trying to break Joyanna's spirit with laundry duty.

Well Michele asked god for help with the laundry and just said have faith and look what she got?

I read the latest parentable. She mentioned how Joy loves to organize and that's why Joy got laundry duty. Seriously? I love to organize, but that doesn't mean I want to do 60+ loads of laundry a week.

Oh yes, Michelle only pitches in for the "deep cleaning". LOL There was no mention of her doing any cleaning aside from "deep cleaning" whatever that is.

Archived