IGNORED

MckMama Drama - Part 2 - Now with Mugshots! - Merge

happy atheist

That's true. I guess it's a waiting game for now. And the Arndt's are definitely making tons of money off this deal, which is smart of them.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am wondering what *really* happened with the two prior domestics? I suspect Israel yells and perhaps throws things, but I am not sure he laid a hand on her, ever. She certainly trusts him with the kids.

So what if he didn't lay a hand on her?

You can have domestic violence without one person ever laying a hand on the other. Throwing things can very easily count as domestic violence, if the objects thrown are aimed at another human being. Yelling can also count if there are threats of violence being communicated.

And lots of domestic violence victims leave their children with the abusive spouse, especially after said spouse has calmed down. It doesn't always make sense to those of us on the outside, but it's very, very common. It doesn't mean that the violence didn't actually happen.

And, finally, in response to a comment made by someone else earlier, it wouldn't matter even if she did sometimes "provoke" him. Violence is violence and a grown man is ultimately the only person responsible for his behavior.

I'm not going to weigh in on whether I think there really was DV going on or who was the "real" perpetrator. I just don't know that much about the situation and don't feel like reading through all it.

But just because we don't like this particular woman doesn't mean we need to make sweeping statements that completely ignore the way DV often does in fact play out in real life.

Edit: Maybe "sweeping statements" wasn't appropriate. Most of the statements seemed to be specific to McM. That said, I'm still uncomfortable with the direction many of those statements are going in, and I think everyone should really think about what they're implying about the nature of violence in general.

So what if he didn't lay a hand on her?

You can have domestic violence without one person ever laying a hand on the other. Throwing things can very easily count as domestic violence, if the objects thrown are aimed at another human being. Yelling can also count if there are threats of violence being communicated.

And lots of domestic violence victims leave their children with the abusive spouse, especially after said spouse has calmed down. It doesn't always make sense to those of us on the outside, but it's very, very common. It doesn't mean that the violence didn't actually happen.

And, finally, in response to a comment made by someone else earlier, it wouldn't matter even if she did sometimes "provoke" him. Violence is violence and a grown man is ultimately the only person responsible for his behavior.

I'm not going to weigh in on whether I think there really was DV going on or who was the "real" perpetrator. I just don't know that much about the situation and don't feel like reading through all it.

But just because we don't like this particular woman doesn't mean we need to make sweeping statements that completely ignore the way DV often does in fact play out in real life.

Edit: Maybe "sweeping statements" wasn't appropriate. Most of the statements seemed to be specific to McM. That said, I'm still uncomfortable with the direction many of those statements are going in, and I think everyone should really think about what they're implying about the nature of violence in general.

Sorry to comment again, but I noticed an error in my last post and it's too late for me to do an edit. In my post above I conflated two different things: (1) domestic violence in the sense of the social problem, and (2) domestic violence in the sense of a recognized crime. Throwing things (if directed at people) and shouting (if communicating threats) can definitely constitute domestic violence in the sense of the social problem, but if you're talking about specific criminal law charges, the two might be categorized differently. For instance, the throwing might be straight-up family violence and the shouting threats might be terroristic threat. (I don't actually know what the crimes are called or how they are defined in McM family's jurisdiction).

So I wanted to fess up to that error before someone else had to point it out. There. Got it out.

I still stand by my general discomfort with the direction the thread was taking and some of the opinions about what would constitute "real" DV. But I have to admit that I haven't listened to the EMS call. (Mainly because I can't find my headphones.) I think the call and the general story can make a big difference in credibility, but it can go both ways. For instance, lots of people have brought up the fact that the guy was downstairs cooking with the baby. How he got to be holding the baby might be a relevant factor--does the call explain it? But I'd say once he had the baby, retreating upstairs was likely the smart thing to do. In safety planning with DV survivors, we frequently urged them to try to avoid confrontations (if they're not planning on leaving the guy) and, if an incident did arise, to try to get away from kitchens and bathrooms. Why? Because both of these rooms have lots of hard surfaces that can really hurt someone. Plus, kitchens have knives handy. If the guy was already holding the baby, the retreating upstairs and making the phone call quietly so as not to piss him off might have been the wise thing to do. The dude was unpredictable and had a knife handy and was already holding the baby. But then again, the phone call might paint a different picture, which is why (prior to consuming a glass of wine) I had earlier decided not to weigh in on that point. So do feel free to jump in with additional facts that show why I'm wrong. I've posted after drinking a glass of wine, so I'll probably deserve it.**

**Seriously, not even a whole serving of wine. I'm just a lightweight. Don't judge!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick response to you, Gawkingtoo, then an update.

I listened to the 911 call. The entire fight had apparently happened the night before. Israel got the kids up, made them breakfast and brought them to school. That's why he had the youngest one (not a baby, I think he is four) with him. While he was bringing the kids to school, Jen locked him out and retreated to an upstairs bedroom. He threw a rock through the window to open the door, and she called 911. (She called the rock a boulder, in classic Jen fashion) She said he was downstairs cooking onions, she joked around with the operator, and said her son was perfectly safe with him.

She then went to Bora Bora with him that weekend, after making a spectacle of having an anniversary dinner and clutching her bible with him.

Personally? I don't believe there was much of an incident and Jen is one of those women who uses the police and their sensitivity to domestic violence in her favor. (Overall, a good thing. I saw an old episode of Dragnet where Friday, in all seriousness, told the woman to duck when her husband swung at her.) I think Jennifer is manipulative.I understand that it IS hard to see it sometimes when you're in the middle of it. But I think Jennifer wanted to show muscle, for whatever reason.

OK, so...

Apparently, Israel and Jennifer are being sued (amount still unknown) by Israel's mom. I don't know anything about Israel's mom or what led her to sue her child and father of five of her grandchildren. Maybe she is extremely frustrated, maybe she is a bitch. No clue. I do know I can imagine no circumstance in which I would sue my children NOW, and I have no grandchildren. If I was going to risk losing grandkids? Over money? No, can't see doing it.

So...not sure what's going on, other than it was filed.

And the taxes on the house still are not paid, and no word on the extension of the CFD. I am assuming it was extended, because they are still living there and not evicted or anything.

I am thinking Iz borrowed money from his mom and never paid him back.

I figured the taxes were still unpaid. It's not like Jen to actually be responsible. There's that awful picture floating around of Stellan in the hospital from when he was really sick. Jen is using that picture to sell Xyng. Stellan also doesn't go to Xyng events and it is most likely because she doesn't want Xyngers to know that Stellan is much older now.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, drama ensues.

Jennifer has been in the hospital four times in a week (!) for kidney stones. She said she had surgery and a stent, so I am not sure why she is back in again. It is my understanding that kidney stones are incredibly painful, so I am not going to snark a whole lot on that, other than I hope she has health insurance. Otherwise, that is going to be one helluva medical bill that she won't pay.

No mention of the kids, but it does appear they are at her parents' house. No word on the CFD and, as flyawaystray mentioned above, the taxes are still unpaid.

I don't know if the hospitalization has anything to do with the CFD (garnering sympathy so she can live with her parents) but I don't think kidney stones can be faked and I don't think they would do surgeries, etc if there were not kidney stones present.

At any rate, being sick and in pain sucks, so I am not going to say mean things about that. But I do wonder what the next chapter is going to be.

Is Jen blogging again,and if so,where? I hope I can read a feed so as to not give her clicks.

No, just facebook and instagram.

• 2 weeks later...
Starting in January, "Mckmama Truths" will no longer allow comments.

mckmamatruths.com/2013/12/site-announcement/

Well, they got kind-of crazy, threatening to call CPS because she "forced" her five-year-old to play outside in gloves, winter jacket with a hood, snow pants and snow boots in 20 degree weather. If that is abuse, they need to get out more.

Jennifer is hardly mother of the year, but there are kids like Hana Williams out there, who die from hypothermia and starvation. Kids who die from being beaten to death and the like. Please, do not waste the precious time of CPS caseworkers by calling them about a child playing outside in cold weather, fully protected in cold weather gear. :roll:

According to her facebook, she got some sort of conventional financing on her house. I actually believe this, as a friend of mine who is on section 8, food stamps and medicaid (Social Security Disability) just bought a house she can, in no way, afford if even one thing goes askew. Hell, she is now trying to MOVE and has realized she can not afford a UHaul, even if she finds friends to help her, so she is begging churches. I guess they have loosened up the lending laws again. (shrug)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I believe that she got conventional financing. I believe her words were "we got our own financing"...and you know she's a master at wordsmithing. My guess is "our own financing" means Daddy bought it and put it in her name...but that's purely speculation on my part.

And WTF with her MIL suing her and Izzy for $50,000?

Also:

MWoP very quietly added the two police reports from the DV incidents back in 2008. One the sidebar, under Why We Are Here, click on the Domestic Violence Part I. Scroll down to the bottom of that page to click on the police reports. Anja has redacted a sexually explicit sentence regarding naked Israel standing above JM breastfeeding their child and the vile comment Israel allegedly made. I haven't figured out a way to delicately post the vile comment. If you want to know, PM me for the gist.

ETA: The taxes have been paid, but there has been no new info on the CFD or whose name is on the property title.

If even half of that police report is true, Israel is an abusive asshole.

Even if every word Jen says is a lie, the things the investigating officer says Israel stated he had done are enough to draw that conclusion.

They may well both be violent and abusive (her comment about throwing a chair at him would suggest that). Those poor kids.

If Israel said what I am thinking he said about Maisie, (which he confirmed he said) why wasn't it followed up on by CPS?

I might be making it worse than it was, but a naked man standing over a woman who is breastfeeding, making a sexual comment...I think I got it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The main section has comments closed. The OT side is still open. A lot of the MWOP'ers migrated to MckFacts.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently MckMama was herself arrested recently, charged with domestic disturbance, domestic abuse, and destruction of property. Ironic, considering that she's been full-on Christianist lately, planning mission trips, posting selfies of her with her Bible. . . I feel so sorry for her children having to witness the hot messes that are their parents.

I haven't been following MckMama lately, but this doesn't surprise me. I always figured something like this would happen given her past. But I thought if she ever got arrested it would be because of the supplement business.

I posted about this in the McKMama Drama thread, it was Criminal Damage to Property and Disorderly Conduct, not domestic abuse, please post facts!!

http://www.jailbase.com/en/arrested/wi- ... y-jennifer

Charge(s)

Count No.

Statute

Description

Severity

Disposition

943.01(1)

Criminal Damage to Property

Misd. A

947.01(1)

Disorderly Conduct