IGNORED

Prairie Muffin Manifesto - Carmen

OneQuill

Wouldn't it be wonderful to be a Prairie Muffin so we could all be so nauseating? :roll: /buriedtreasurebooks.com/PrairieMuffinManifesto.php

Edited to break link _lilith

This was my gateway to fundies! Carmen used to write all sorts of rants but she's been silent a long time. Ah the memories...

This has my eyes rolling so hard they're starting to hurt: "They do not idolize Laura Ingalls Wilder (Little House on the Prairie) or Louisa May Alcott (Little Women); while they may enjoy aspects of home life presented in their books, PMs understand that the latent humanism and feminism in these stories and in the lives of these women is not worthy of emulation."

:doh:

I was a regular reader of Carmen's blog. Looking back she may have been one of the people that started my turn away from fundiedom.

Oh, I read her ages ago as one of my firsts, too! Her rants about how college is wrong for women particularly annoyed me - that plus her posts about how women shouldn't have the vote.

Check the SOTDRT (I've not, yet, but should) - is there entries on her? Reason I ask is, apparently she has a few kids who broke away and became lefty after leaving home. I don't know all the dirt but some people here posted about it somewhere, so it's worth a search or two.

I had heard vague rumblings about children breaking away, and I'd be interested in the story, too. I've noticed that she hasn't blogged in quite a while and kind of wonder if she's still in the fundie world or not.

As an aside, just had to share this: I was visiting family a few weeks ago and noticed that one of my aunt's church friends has the Prairie Muffin Manifesto framed and hanging in her kitchen! :lol:

Love the find. Full of herself, isn't she?

in response to those who make snide and derogatory remarks about those of us who choose a quiet life

Actually my life is rather quiet...outside of my dog who likes to lean over the couch next to the window and bark at the squirrels and birds and occasional deer that crosses the lawn. I go to school, work and study. Occasionally I look on here, sometimes at work when I shouldn't, but what the bosses don't know won't hurt them.

In light of the culture war in which we find ourselves, however, living out our biblical convictions is revolutionary.

Viva la Revolution!

Prairie Muffins are helpmeets to their husbands, seeking creative and practical ways to further their husbands' callings and aid them in their dominion responsibilities.

Get to work, ladies. You must breed lots of babies so he can control the world by sheer number!

Prairie Muffins do not reflect badly on their husbands by neglecting their appearance; they work with the clay God has given, molding it into an attractive package for the pleasure of their husbands.

You are a thing and your existence is only to give a man pleasure. Stop believing the nonsense that you have some sort of worth.

own aprons and they know how to use them

:lol:

do not become paralyzed by fears and worries

Mental illness, what's that?

place their husbands' needs and desires above other obligations, arranging their schedules and responsibilities so that they do not neglect the one who provides for and protects them and their children.

He owns you, dammit! You do what he wants and you will like it, understand!

appreciate godly role models, such as Anne Bradstreet, Elizabeth Prentiss and Elisabeth Elliot. They do not idolize Laura Ingalls Wilder (Little House on the Prairie) or Louisa May Alcott (Little Women); while they may enjoy aspects of home life presented in their books, PMs understand that the latent humanism and feminism in these stories and in the lives of these women is not worthy of emulation.

Can't have the stupid women actually thinking and believing they have some sort of value outside of sweeping, making dinner and having babies, can we?

Though we abhor the idea of women being involved in the military and fighting battles which men are commanded to fight, Prairie Muffins recognize that there is a real battle in which they are on the front lines: the battle of the seed of the woman against the seed of the serpent. In this most-important conflict, we gratefully serve King Jesus in the capacity He has given us, waving our wooden spoons and rallying our children to stand alongside us in the battle, training them to be mighty warriors in the defense and furthering of God's kingdom.

Long-winded way to say Prairie Muffins must beat their children.

They are also happy that their husbands are masculine, and they do not diminish that masculinity by harping on habits which emanate from the fact that boys will be boys, even when they grow up. In addition, Prairie Muffins are careful not to use their feminine, hormotional weaknesses to excuse sinful attitudes and actions, but learn to depend more and more on God's grace and strength in the midst of any monthly trials.

Men are men and their bad habits and poor behavior are who they are, but women's habits and behavior is always her fault and must be stopped right away. PMS? Doesn't exist. Put that smile on your face and talk kind and softly even if you feel like shit and want to curl up in bed with a heat pad because it is your own fault you feel bad anyway so suck it up! So you may not take any ibuprofren for it and never take the evil pill.

So they don't want to emulate that feminazi Laura Ingalls Wilder. Shit, she wasn't a feminist because she was a flaming liberal...she was feminist because life in the Midwest in the 19th century was fucking hard.. She had to work her ass off to help her family survive.

I really don't get how someone can be so disconnected from reality. I know homesteading happened over 100 years ago, but a conversation with my grandma is enough to inform me that she didn't work outside the home because she wanted to leave the kids, but because they needed to survive. What planet do these idiots inhabit?

So they don't want to emulate that feminazi Laura Ingalls Wilder. Shit, she wasn't a feminist because she was a flaming liberal...she was feminist because life in the Midwest in the 19th century was fucking hard.. She had to work her ass off to help her family survive.

I really don't get how someone can be so disconnected from reality. I know homesteading happened over 100 years ago, but a conversation with my grandma is enough to inform me that she didn't work outside the home because she wanted to leave the kids, but because they needed to survive. What planet do these idiots inhabit?

This. My great-great-great grandmother came to California 150 years ago this year. She didn't see another white woman for 6 months. She knew that you worked hard to survive here, and that you worked with who was here to work with. You didn't isolate yourself and only associate with people like yourself either, you wouldn't survive if you did.

ETA- if you look at when feminism started to take shape in the US, it was in the late 1840's, when women were realizing that they were needed, and could actually do something as the US expanded west. That line of women in my family were all feminists, and we've got documents and letters to prove it.

Ahhh...my name inspiration. These morons make my eyes roll so hard, I'm surprised I stil have them.

I realized looking at this that Carmon was my gateway fundie! She is one of the worst - smug, judgmental, elitist, and nasty to any commenters who disagreed with her. I remember going down some internet rabbit hole when I found out about the son she refers to as her "prodigal" - his name was Hans, I think? he had a wife?/girlfriend?/partner? of whom Carmon did not approve at all, and they were Obama-loving liberals living in Portland, OR - and I'm pretty amused that there might be more of that ilk.

Her oldest son was also awful, incredibly arrogant and rude as can be. He used to comment on her site and very condescendingly lecture the (mostly female) commenters. It was really something.

Carmon was the first person I ever encountered, online or in real life, who believed in abolishing public libraries! Ah, memories :)

She names her first son Hans Freidrich and has to wonder why he apparently is still VERY angry and doesn't subscribe to her upbringing and beliefs?

Carmon apparently web published twice last year. Her son appears to have a software company that is growing, but displays a LO of anger and appears to be completely opposite of his upbringing. I can't find much else on quick searching though.

While she is more quiet she appears just as arrogant as always.

visionarywomanhood.com/put-confidence-princes/

Yep. She's basically extreme libertarian as far as economic philosophy goes, and so she is very much against public libraries (because they're funded with your money taken at the point of a gun and then buy horrid books about sodomites, you realize :roll:). So yes, she would actually try to convince friendly commenters (fans!) who were living in pretty precarious financial situations that they should homeschool WITHOUT using the public library. They should save up and buy books, or start a library with their churches (so that all the books will be Godly, of course). In her ideal world, charitable services (including libraries) should be membership only and run through the church.

She's a fan of Rushdoony and her family (well, the men - she thinks women should cast their vote however the husband instructs) voted Constitution Party, they supported Peroutka in 2004. That led me to look up the Constitution Party and be amazed, only to later find one yard sign for them right on my street! :) But only the one...

Carmon is on facebook.2 of her daughters married brothers within a month of each other.I have lost count but I think both have at least 2 children already and more on the way.yes the first were born 9 months after getting married.

How could she not worship Laura Ingalls Wilder? I mean, the woman dressed modestly and wore long skirts didn't she? :lol:

Geez these fundies are fussy....

Archived