IGNORED

Lori: Something's Wrong with Men Who Don't Want Submission

'Die to self', 'clean the kitchen', 'bone your man on command' blah blah blah. I think we got it, Lori. You can go to a different Internet now.

By her ridiculous definition, we should have submissive husbands as well. Or should women want men who give them the cold shoulder, speak ill of them to others, withhold sex, etc?

By her ridiculous definition, we should have submissive husbands as well. Or should women want men who give them the cold shoulder, speak ill of them to others, withhold sex, etc?

Maybe that is just what she has/likes in a marriage.

Does she read here?

This. Also, Lori there's something wrong with you, not men who believe in the egalitarian model of relationships.

Yeah, I don't know about Lori, but my husband has more respect for me than that. Ridiculous woman. She can go ahead and submit if she wants though! Whatever. *shrug* (Seriously though. None of these people impact my life in any way. What does she think a stupid blog post is going to do? Make us go "Oh noes! I'm not submitting! My marriage is overrrrrs!" Right.)

Maybe that is just what she has/likes in a marriage.

Does she read here?

She knows about us, but I don't know if she reads here frequently. She did a posting where she said that two "bully" sites were talking about her. Obviously, she was referring to FJ. I searched around and didn't find any other site talking about her. I think she gets off being a submissive housewife. She is just pissed that not all men want submissive wives and she also hates that some women don't want to be submissive.

My question is what is the men's obligations to their wives? Do they have to give sex when their wives' want to? Do they stop quarreling when they realize their wives are upset? Do they stop talking poorly about their wives in front of others? How far does this submission go? If the husband is hurting his kids, does the wife pray about it for a change of heart? All this submission is about strong families and happy children, right? What happens if the husband is an idiot or a douche who always puts himself first?

I guess my biggest qualm with Lori is that she puts men on a pedestal. There's an unspoken assumption that men are going to make the right decisions, that they would be unselfish and put others' needs first, that they will Do the Right Thing as long as you submit and build him up to be a leader. Why would anyone be so naive to think that? I stopped thinking of that with my dad before I left gradeschool.

My other issue is that her system doesn't take into account selfish louts who will take advantage of anyone who wants to be their submissive slave. My uncle is a classic example of a self-centered narcissist. He is extremely violent towards his son and probably hits his wife too. His wife of 20+ years have done ALL the housework, childcare and farm work. My Uncle expects people to give him stuff, his wife to take care of him, his son to obey him. He does nothing in return to garner that type of loyalty. In fact, he treats everyone like dirt, especially his family.

By Lori's standard, my uncle is just someone who needs more submission, more grovelling and he will see his ways and be a better father and husband? You know, because the last 20+ years of housework, farm chores, and childcare----all of which the wife has done by herself, was not enough to generate good will from the lout of a husband? Yeah, had my aunt taken Lori's advice, my uncle would be at home, doing nothing, blowing off what little money they had on drinks and gambling and beating the crap out of her.

Men are not infallible. They do not have a special channel to God. They can be stupid, abusive, selfish. Wives should protect themselves from abusive and selfish men. There's no God given right for husbands to abuse wives. I think someone needs to take Lori into a women's shelter or a police department to see what husbands can do to "submissive" wives.

Career advice "guru," Penelope Trunk's "Blueprint for a Woman's Life" makes her sound like more secular, non-fundie version of Lori.

http://blog.penelopetrunk.com/2011/08/1 ... mans-life/

Penelope Trunk also thinks domestic violence is the woman's fault, because if a woman just controls her behavior, she won't get hit.

http://blog.penelopetrunk.com/2012/01/0 ... -is-wrong/

She is really a sort of secular, self-loathing fundie

Sheesh, does this lady ever shut up? If she's a Godly housewife, why is she spending all her time on the internet writing blog entries? Shouldnt she be tending to her house and her husband??

She doesn't have to because she's God's special snowflake.

These Titus 2 women have nothing for themselves. They are unsatisfied, so they latch onto the "mentoring younger women" crap as a way to validate their existence and make themselves feel important. They are just property according to their faith, and treated as such by their headships, so they seek an outside source to give them self-worth.

When I look at it this way, I feel so sad for these women. But when I read their hateful drivel I want to shake some sense into them. It makes me stabby that they can't see past the plank in their own eye, so to speak.

These Titus 2 women have nothing for themselves. They are unsatisfied, so they latch onto the "mentoring younger women" crap as a way to validate their existence and make themselves feel important. They are just property according to their faith, and treated as such by their headships, so they seek an outside source to give them self-worth.

When I look at it this way, I feel so sad for these women. But when I read their hateful drivel I want to shake some sense into them. It makes me stabby that they can't see past the plank in their own eye, so to speak.

I could care less what Lori or anybody else subscribes to a perfect life. We all live our own lives, we all in one way or another do it like or not like the next person. Oh and we actually do keep on learning. (Unlike Lori who actually is not continually learning but is stuck in her own fantasy, which is exactly and ONLY what it is.)

Why a woman in her stage of life feels the urge to constantly post about a relationship that at most peoples stage of life is built on a shared past, a shared understanding, a shared sense of WANTING to be comfortable and secure in your love for each other, and a shared knowledge that sometimes being different is why you fell in love in the first place. That you overcame youth, stress of family, life events, and the changes that happen in us all physically. I would hope at that stage of my life I continue to healthily debate and take the never ending piss out of my beloved that sustains us through good and bad. IF I feel I need to change my relationship to some parody of a misquoted biblical ideal to make it work then I will know we are 100% totally getting it wrong.

But to the bolded. That is why I dislike her postings. There ARE women out there looking for an answer to a maybe bad situation. She is potentially poisonous to these women. The damage that kind of advice could cause.

It is always those who are looking, that latch on to that kind of false 'biblical' lifeline.

Me: Bad news, honey....

Mr. Bloo: What?

Me: I don't submit to your every word without question, so....our marriage is doomed.

Mr. Bloo: Damn. *pause* It's not over yet, is it?

Me: Probably by next week.

Mr. Bloo: Enjoy the ride....enjoy the ride.

Ken probably thinks the clitoris is a dinosaur found at the Creation Museum.

Did you know that Cherry Coke burns when you shoot it out your nose? LMAO! If FreeJinger had a one-liner hall of fame, this one would be at the head of the line.

Yeah, I don't know about Lori, but my husband has more respect for me than that. Ridiculous woman. She can go ahead and submit if she wants though! Whatever. *shrug* (Seriously though. None of these people impact my life in any way. What does she think a stupid blog post is going to do? Make us go "Oh noes! I'm not submitting! My marriage is overrrrrs!" Right.)

It is the same way for me, Lori and other fundies don't impact me. But the scary thing is that some women are reading taking Lori's shitty advice. I felt like puking when one of her fangirls called her a "marriage counselor".

Lori's posts are so badly written and seem to be so extreme that sometimes I swear I wonder if the blog owner is really a troll. :?

Archived