IGNORED

Mad Men

xDreamerx

Thanks, cfK, I got the TwOP recap and it was enough.

Apropos of nothing, I just had the most wonderful viewing: Jim Parsons on Broadway as Elwood P. Dowd, and Rich Sommer as the menacing orderly!!!!!! Mad Men + TBBT (on Broadway) = the most fun I've had all day!!!!!!!!!

It's in one of several short videos on the Roundabout Theatre Company site. Highly recommend it to any MM/TBBT fan-nerd!

You got to see Harvey on Broadway? AWESOME!!! The film has of my very favorite Jimmy Stewart performances and Josephine Hull is just wonderful!

FWIW, my niece played Myrtle May is a community theatre production of Harvey a couple of years ago.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So jealous, MamaJunebug! Everyone's just raving about Jim Parsons, and I had no idea Rich Somer was in it. What an amazing experience!

OH, ladies, no, it's a video online!!!

Cha.......to have seen the two of them on-stage? in-person? Hey, I wouldn't be posting at FJ anymore. I'd be somehwere in Scotland, saying, "WOW YOU KNOW I JUST WALKED ACROSS THE ATLANTIC 'CAUSE I JUST SAW SHELDON *AND* HARRY ON-STAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Scroll down a bit after you go here: http://www.roundabouttheatre.org/Shows- ... arvey.aspx

Enjoy!!!!!!

Re Peggy and Pete's baby: Is Peggy's sister raising it or did she put it up for adoption?

I think Peggy put the baby up for adoption, but I wouldn't swear to it. That's what Wikipedia says and I've heard it on Tom and Lorenzo, as well. Peggy's sister just happens to have a baby about the same age,

Loved this most recent episode. Was unsure about the first two weeks. This is more like it. Would like to see more of roger. Don and Sylvia are up to some verrrry risky behaviour. I have a feeling they're going to be caught red handed.

"(and a kid, ha ha Pete, you'll never kno-ow!)" He does know. Back when he and Trudy were having trouble conceiving, Peggy told him that the baby was his, and had been adopted. It broke his heart.

Not sure what to make of this season. Don is still a jerk, but Megan is a different generation than Betty, so she may file for divorce. It IS 1968 now, and things are beginning to change.

I want more Keiran Shipka. Where IS that child?

Betty is crazy, but that's nothing new. I hope she doesn't screw up her new marriage, as Francis seems like a nice guy.

Francis seems to genuinely like Betty, and he's been kind and avuncular to all her children. Couldn't be a happier situation.

Yep, it won't last. Don't know who will screw it up, but it won't last. ;)

No one on Mad Men can stay happy for longer than two episodes. Tops. It is the Mad Men way.

And I'm missing Shipka too. She didn't have nearly enough to do in the first episode. We need a good Sally plotline soon.

Yeah, we've seen far too little of Sally this season.

I'm off to do the dishes while Rectify is on and will catch the rerun of Mad Med at midnight. I always watch the repeats, but this one is a real must-see. I can't wait for your recap tomorrow morning, crazyforkate and for TLo's as well.

Yes, great episode last night.

One thing I didn't see in your (great) recap, Kate, and wondered what everybody thought about it; The confrontation between Pete and Harry with Harry worrying about his shows (or rather his commercials) being preempted due to the MLK assassination coverage.

Pete (Pete!) giving him a dressing down, calling him a racist, only worrying about money, etc. Harry's turned into a real douche, but it's hard to believe Pete has morals and any right to lecture anyone.

cfK, what a recap! I don't plan to look at the episode, as after reading the recap it feels as though I already have!

Yes, great episode last night.

One thing I didn't see in your (great) recap, Kate, and wondered what everybody thought about it; The confrontation between Pete and Harry with Harry worrying about his shows (or rather his commercials) being preempted due to the MLK assassination coverage.

Pete (Pete!) giving him a dressing down, calling him a racist, only worrying about money, etc. Harry's turned into a real douche, but it's hard to believe Pete has morals and any right to lecture anyone.

Oh, it's in the recap - just 5000 words tends to bury things.

Oh, it's in the recap - just 5000 words tends to bury things.

Oh, Sorry. I'll go back and read it.

ETA: Not sure how I missed two paragraphs! I had the same feeling, agreeing with something Pete says? Yuk! But, yeah, it probably all comes back to his guilt over his own household breaking up.

Pete's unhappy when married, and when single. Of course it's Mad Men, who is happy? Well Stan maybe, but I think that's the weed talking.

Pete has shown himself to be more progressive on race issues several times before.

I don't think that was "Paul Newman" saying that the awards presentation will still go on after a break, but the MC. And the awards weren't the Clios, but a local NYC one.

I wonder if Dr Rosen or even Sylvia will have faced danger being in DC.

The end music was "Love is Blue" which was so fitting: Betty held up a blue satin dress she couldn't yet fit in, you saw Don on the balcony alone, and then this music. You did not hear the words as they played Paul Mauriat's orchestral version (hit #1 on the Billboard charts earlier in '68), but the words are in French. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_is_Blue

Oh, and I loved hearing the clack of Abe's typewriter keys!

cfK, what a recap! I don't plan to look at the episode, as after reading the recap it feels as though I already have!

Except then you can't sigh and lust after Jon Hamm.

Epic. Mad Men back to it's old self.

Irishy, do they show Mad Men in Ireland? (I'm pretty sure you've mentioned you live there, right?)

Yep we get it on Sky Atlantic channel (satellite) which is basically HBO. You guys get it Sunday night, we have to wait till Wednesday. I don't allow myself to look at this thread until then.

Not to make it all about me, but what do you suppose it says that even Jon H wasn't enuf and I stopped watching after the Rosens headed to DC - and erased it?

I vividly remember Dr King's death and its aftermath - maybe I'm just a wuss. In any case, it was just too dark for me to continue & BOY! was I glad for cfK's recap!!!

OK....so, -- and I'm spoiler-tagging for those who haven't seen or read cfK's wondermous recap:

Don and Ted and Peggy are forming a third agency? Because Don can't merge SCDP without the ok of the partners, right?

Pretty cool development!

I thought they were merging the agencies, but I could be wrong. IIRC, Roger and Cutler (played by the still luscious Harry Hamlin) were in on the talks to merge.

Archived