IGNORED

Lousewife: Teh wimmenz are bad, again

Marian the Librarian

A MALE READER writes:

It just dawned upon me a little while ago. Even though I have my advanced education and worked hard to get it, I have drifted aimlessly. This is something which has worried me no end because my brothers, friends and relatives (in Asia) always had goals and they set their sights upon those goals and achieved them. They have not stopped and they continue to prosper. One common thread runs through this: they are all married and have families. Consequently they are driven to prosper because of their love for their wives and children.

I have realized that after living in a feminized, emasculating culture where women have displaced men at every level of the workforce with laws in their favor giving them the ability to make money and in some cases big money, a man has become unnecessary for most women. I as a 44-year-old man realize that if there was a woman to love and a woman who would love and appreciate me for who I am, I would move mountains for her. But alas, at this point in my life, I am not motivated to move that mountain. I am thankful to have a modest job and live for myself.

Man is driven to build civilization not just for himself but for the love of women and his progeny.

Interesting - at age 44, there's no indication of the self-awareness that might lead him to ponder what he is contributing to his own discontented lot.

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/

(ETA link)

Interesting - at age 44, there's no indication of the self-awareness that might lead him to ponder what he is contributing to his own discontented lot.

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/

(ETA link)

I'm not married, but here's my two cents. I want to marry someone not because I need them (financially or otherwise) but because I genuinely love then and want to be with them. Of course there may be times when I will literally need my spouse, but I don't want that to be the main reason I marry someone.

Oh come off it, dude. If you're not motivated to achieve, that's your own damn fault. Come play with the big girls instead of being afraid of the competition.

I as a 44-year-old man realize that if there was a woman to love and a woman who would love and appreciate me for who I am, I would move mountains for her.

Translation: Love the lazy schlub I am and I'd have the motivation to be awesome.

Who wants to bet he's also one of those MRA-types who loves bitching about how stupid women are to think they can change a man when they date a "bad boy"?

I went to college and got a degree. I worked to advance my career. I travelled the world. And I did it all while single. I seemed to have the motivation to succeed in life without having to have someone stand behind me and beat me with a stick. Why can't this guy? Is he saying that he's not as smart, motivated, or successful as a woman?

If this man isn't happy with his life, then he needs to do something to change it. Bitching isn't going to snag him a wife or advance his career. A little more work and a little less complaining on the internet and he'd probably be surprised at the difference it makes. Your life is what you make of it. Stop blaming others, get off your ass, and go make the changes you desire.

A MALE READER writes:

I as a 44-year-old man realize that if there was a woman to love and a woman who would love and appreciate me for who I am, I would move mountains for her. But alas, at this point in my life, I am not motivated to move that mountain. I am thankful to have a modest job and live for myself.

Don't expect anyone to love you for who you are, when you do not accept people (women) for who they are.

A woman who uses her ability to make money is not pretending to be someone she isn't. She is most likely true to herself - yet you seem incapable of accepting and respecting that. So, fuck you.

I went to college and got a degree. I worked to advance my career. I travelled the world. And I did it all while single. I seemed to have the motivation to succeed in life without having to have someone stand behind me and beat me with a stick. Why can't this guy? Is he saying that he's not as smart, motivated, or successful as a woman?

If this man isn't happy with his life, then he needs to do something to change it. Bitching isn't going to snag him a wife or advance his career. A little more work and a little less complaining on the internet and he'd probably be surprised at the difference it makes. Your life is what you make of it. Stop blaming others, get off your ass, and go make the changes you desire.

He totally is! :lol: That's the funny thing with these MRA types (and it's rampant for fundies as well) - they basically insult men in the process of trying to demonstrate how superior they are. Just like fundies present men as testosterone-jacked dicks ready to rape and throw a fit at the slightest provocation, this guy is basically saying that all men are lazy and disinterested in life unless they have something to prove to someone, while women are able to give their all to something without being interested in ego-stroking. SO, therefore, men are superior? Yeah, I'm missing something in that line of thought. :doh:

I have got to stay off FJ! Everytime I lurked about I find a new batch of crazy to hinder me from actually being productive. This woman is a piece of work all the way 'round!

So he's lazy and unmotivated, and it's our fault for not fawning enough? Got it.

And we are smart enough to see him for what he is, a self centered jerk. Who wants a life with someone like that? I don't have an education, etc., but even I know how to choose a man who is capable of unconditional love and wants a partner, not someone under him.

Thank you for intellectualizing what many Americans have felt instinctively for years. Having no voice, and for fear of being marginalized and attacked ad hominem, many have resigned themselves to live a “life of quiet desperation.†The post “An Epiphany,†Saturday, February 23, 2013, submitted by a male reader, could have been written by me. I too am in my forties and have never married nor had a relationship beyond a casual involvement. Some would say that I am a man-child, refusing to grow-up and fulfill my obligations to society. On the contrary, I would characterize it as a refusal to grow-down and succumb to post-modern feministic nihilism that has emasculated and rendered male leadership as irrelevant.

Another "man" who was force by the evil women to never grow up. The comment section is filling up fast.

Stupid, lazy men who want to blame everyone else but themselves for their stupidity and laziness. To the men agreeing with this: The rest of the world doesn't need you, and it will keep turning and thriving without you. You're not that great. Stop blaming women for your problems. Everyone else in the world is keeping up with women in the workplace, you just want people to feel sorry for you.

Anybody think this "MALE READER" is some sort of agent provocateur? Because if I wanted to make the antifeminist MRA POV look stupid without going to out-and-out satire, this would actually be a really good attempt.

Though sometimes I wonder the same thing about Glenn Beck.

I think it's pretty pathetic that these men have to resort to finding women who need to be with them instead of women who want to be with them.

I think it's pretty pathetic that these men have to resort to finding women who need to be with them instead of women who want to be with them.

QFT

Oh good grief! How on earth is it the woman's fault that this guy can't pull his life together, grow a pair, and do something with his life? If he can't handle the competition the problem lies with him - not anyone else.

Archived