IGNORED

Why All The Single Ladies Should Sign-up For 1TonRamp

twin2

Courses range from $200-$1000

Reasons why 1 Ton Ramp rules and college drools!!

Comparing One Ton Tramp to a university is like comparing a space hopper to a rocket.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Maxwells started ITonRamp because they were already in the IT business. Nathan has the know-how, they had the hardware and can write for any software they need. Teaching IT online is also easier than teaching construction or photography (other skills the Maxwell boys have). It was a simple business decision. I guess Sarah could teach writing...LOL, j/k. :)

If Sarah did offer a writing course I can see many SAHDs signing up for it. A lot of them fancy themselves as writers, and Sarah is actually published (self published, but fundies probably see that as a positive, her writing can remain more pure and less worldly if she doesn't have to answer to a publisher). And many fundie parents would see a writing course focusing on writing godly children's books as the perfect way for their daughters to pass the time til Prince Charming comes calling, as well as good preparation for teaching at the SOTDRT.

We know Steve reads here.... I wonder if we'll see Sarah offering a writing course soon (for young ladies only, if course).

Whoa, so some guy is going to be spending time on the phone with my twenty-one-year-old daughter "mentoring" her? I don't like the sound of that!

At this point we anticipate the mentors to be men. To enable propriety and no possibility of defrauding, direct phone conversations will be from a person of the same gender. Therefore, if there are ladies in a track, the phone call to them will be via a female mentor assistant. The mentor assistant will not have the technical experience that the mentor has, but she will provide the one-on-one personal encouragement that the mentor would have provided. Since, the forum is the place for technical questions, this will not be a hindrance in any way.

It appears there are parents out there who don't like the idea that their TWENTY-ONE-year-old ADULT daughter (who is still living at home waiting for a courter) having a five-to-ten-minute mentoring session with a member of the opposite gender!![/quote/]

This is seriously crazy. How on earth could anyone be defrauded from a conversation about computers over the phone??! I cannot imagine being twenty one and having my parents care about who I talk on the phone with, especially work related O.O so. fricking. strange.

I can't access their site at the moment, so could somebody please enlighten me:

What on earth does IT on Ramp mean? What is this ramp they speak of? It took me forever to realise it was IT on ramp, too. I kept reading it as 1 Ton Ramp and it just made me think of a giant concrete skate ramp...

Guest Anonymous

The on-ramp to the IT super highway. In response to our mirth at the one-ton ramp, Steve clarified this on the website in the last year or so, along with a note on how to pronounce the business name. :P

The on-ramp to the IT super highway. In response to our mirth at the one-ton ramp, Steve clarified this on the website in the last year or so, along with a note on how to pronounce the business name. :P

What the everloving fuck.

I can't even with the stupidity there. He sounds like an aging hipster trying to use that new-fangled cool lingo to impress his kids' friends.

Guest Anonymous

I may or may not have paraphrased what he actually said, in my first sentence. The whole website is very "what the everlasting fuck"-worthy though, IMO.

I've just now been able to see it, and I emphatically agree with your assessment of its 'what the everloving fuck' worthiness.

Maxwell ventures are pretty WTF at the best of times, but this one is taking it to a whole new level. Their FAQ section is especially choice, I think. It did nothing to answer 'what does IT online mean anyway', in spite of it being a listed question. It's kind of amazing how many of those questions have non-answers, actually.

Yes, every time I call my credit card company and get to talk to "Ricky" or "Bobby" at that call-support center in Bagalore, I ask them what they are wearing, they bat their long dark eyelashes at me, bangla music starts playing, people around me start dancing. They next thing you know, I'm dancing around in my wet sari in a monsoon. Really, its uncontrollable.

:twisted:

I must work in the wrong call center

If Melanie has to call a repair person, who are frequently men, does Nathan have to be home when he is there? What about deliveries?

Perhaps Godly women never answer the door for unexpected callers--in case they might be defrauded by UPS men in their shorts. So basically, they are in purdah.

Welcome to the information super highway. 1TonRamp graduates, stay in the right lane.

That was so fucking hilarious.

Hi Steve :greetings-waveyellow:

Dang couldn't find the original blog post where they did that, but I did find this.

iv8pc6.png

Really? Interesting. I'm surprised.

Well either he reads here or someone else who reports to him does - there have been numerous instances of him editing, deleting or explaining very quickly in response to things raised here.

Also, a fundie visitor who knows the Maxwells once posted here and implied strongly that he read here. I forget who, though I think it was in relation to the Buckingham/Hales.

I'm knew, so I don't really know all of their friends. Who are the Buckingham/Hales? Are they Anna Marie's family?

I'm knew, so I don't really know all of their friends. Who are the Buckingham/Hales? Are they Anna Marie's family?

BuckHales!

It's two families that merged. First family is last name of Buckingham, it was a family in the military (Air Force? or Army, can't recall which at the moment after some beer) stationed in Lawrence (there's a base for each nearby) when they became friends with the Maxwells. One of the Buckingham kids was attending public school (I know, the horror!) at the time.

Well, they go fundy, and move to Alaska.

Meanwhile, the Hales have also moved to Alaska. The Hale family is quite notorious, for that you should just google around "Papa Pilgrim" and read various news reports.

So when some of the Hale children (adults by then) escape, they go to the Buckinghams, and eventually the families intermarry and become one big clan, they call themselves the "BuckHale" family.

Last summer(?) they went on a road trip across the US to visit some Buckingham relatives in Pennsylvania and kept a blog of the whole thing. They visited the Maxwells at that time. From the blog you can find just how fundie the BuckHales are, for starters, they go SWIMMING (if they do, ever) in BUSINESS CASUAL. That's right - fully dressed in chinos and button down shirts, I kid you not, at a hotel where the pool was closed but they got the owner to open it just for them.

They went to a hot springs and similarly bathed fully clothed, they had to do it in the middle of the night so the kids wouldn't be defrauded by other bathers. Also pics of them visiting the ocean, also... fully clothed.

First off, the Maxwells don't have friends, it isn't allowed; they have acquaintances.

The Buckinghams were acquaintances of the Maxwells in Kansas before the Buckinghams moved to Alaska. The Buckingham family took in the Hales (aka Pilgrims) after their Papa (Robert) raped and kidnapped the oldest of his 15 children. They were all living together in a tiny cabin in the Alaskan wilderness and there have been several intermarriages between the two families.

Here's the original thread and an update thread after one of the Hale sons had an accident.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10469&hilit=buckingham

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12828&p=379239&hilit=buckhale#p379239

BuckHales!

It's two families that merged. First family is last name of Buckingham, it was a family in the military (Air Force? or Army, can't recall which at the moment after some beer) stationed in Lawrence (there's a base for each nearby) when they became friends with the Maxwells. One of the Buckingham kids was attending public school (I know, the horror!) at the time.

Well, they go fundy, and move to Alaska.

Meanwhile, the Hales have also moved to Alaska. The Hale family is quite notorious, for that you should just google around "Papa Pilgrim" and read various news reports.

So when some of the Hale children (adults by then) escape, they go to the Buckinghams, and eventually the families intermarry and become one big clan, they call themselves the "BuckHale" family.

Last summer(?) they went on a road trip across the US to visit some Buckingham relatives in Pennsylvania and kept a blog of the whole thing. They visited the Maxwells at that time. From the blog you can find just how fundie the BuckHales are, for starters, they go SWIMMING (if they do, ever) in BUSINESS CASUAL. That's right - fully dressed in chinos and button down shirts, I kid you not, at a hotel where the pool was closed but they got the owner to open it just for them.

They went to a hot springs and similarly bathed fully clothed, they had to do it in the middle of the night so the kids wouldn't be defrauded by other bathers. Also pics of them visiting the ocean, also... fully clothed.

Holy cow, GVC! I have watched the Maxhells for a long time and I have never heard of the Buck-Hales! Well, now you've done it -- I'm going to be up all night reading up on those folks! LOL.

Oh the BuckHales are a whole new level of crazy all by themselves.

It actually surprises me that Stevus will be publicly associated with these families, and slightly raises my opinion if him that he hasn't shunned them in the wake of the sexual abuse and jailing of Papa Pilgrim and that he allows them to associate with his previous daughters. He has pleasantly surprised me.

I love that God keeps busy with low-end IT.

I've been lurking here for a long time, had to finally post because this made me actually laugh outloud. Kudos!

• 2 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread as I didn't want to make a new 1tonramp spinoff.

Found this blog entry:

familyfaithandfridays.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/itonramp-computer-course-and-giveaway.html

It describes what it's like to take the course. Apparently the technical stuff can be understood by twelve-year-olds.

And unsurprisingly, the course is so very Maxwellian:

One of the things I liked about this program that I think separates it from others I have seen is that the only communication you have while online is that with Nathan. This is not a time of chatting with other students, it is a time to learn, and so there is no interaction online except with that of the teacher.

God forbid you should have any interaction with your fellow students. You might be able to compare notes, and criticize the teacher or the methods or ANYTHING AT ALL.

Resurrecting an old thread as I didn't want to make a new 1tonramp spinoff.

Found this blog entry:

familyfaithandfridays.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/itonramp-computer-course-and-giveaway.html

It describes what it's like to take the course. Apparently the technical stuff can be understood by twelve-year-olds.

And unsurprisingly, the course is so very Maxwellian:

God forbid you should have any interaction with your fellow students. You might be able to compare notes, and criticize the teacher or the methods or ANYTHING AT ALL.

Now now Lucy... Jesus doesn't want us to do anything but listen to the headship/teacher... silly woman... free thinking and whatnot. None of that shit!

Archived