IGNORED

Why All The Single Ladies Should Sign-up For 1TonRamp

twin2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now now Lucy... Jesus doesn't want us to do anything but listen to the headship/teacher... silly woman... free thinking and whatnot. None of that shit!

*slinks off to the prayer closet*

I would love to sign up for this course with a gender neutral name, like Pat, just to mess with the Maxwells. Imagine the fun in conducting phone support with them for the entire course, only to reveal to them at the end that they have been defrauded! Hahaha!

Dear University of Stevus:

Your One Ton Ramp course has been such a joy and a blessing to this single mother. As you oh-so-wisely suggested, I saved the $1000 fee in envelopes over the course of a year, regardless of my offspring's need for new shoes and full tummies. (The girls are better off barefooted and rail thin anyway!) While I had been informed of similar courses available for free on the evil interwebz, there were none that came stuffed chock-full with the scripture of Stevus. Thanks to your generosity of spirit, I take heart in the certainty that I have invested in my future as a proper helpmeet. Now that I know how to turn on a computer, surely my marriage value has risen to heavenly heights!

Beg pardon, most Holy Stevus, but I am writing to ask if the course is over. Although I hesitate to think for myself while under the umbrella of your precious guidance, I must presume that I've finished the course as no more of my mentor Joseph's inspiring telephone calls have been forthcoming. The last one did conclude rather abruptly. Did I discommode him by suggesting that he call me Patricia rather than my less formal nickname? Patricia is such a lovely and ladylike name, don't you think? And Joseph does possess a most pleasant, manly, authoritative voice. My uterus shivers to think of it even now.

Remind him that I am skilled at turning on a computer and reloading its hard drive, if you know what I mean.

If the course is indeed over, may I suggest that you issue a certificate of completion? Or is that too akin to a heathenish diploma from one of those ungodly colleges of temptation? Please advise as soon as possible as my tiny lady brain is all aflutter. How will my future headship know of my extensive non-career-oriented value if I cannot present the actual proof?

Yours in Humble Modesty,

Patricia (or Pat if you prefer)

P.S. Tell Sarah to stop calling. She is confusing my daughters Precious, Sweet, Joy and Delight.

And unsurprisingly, the course is so very Maxwellian:

God forbid you should have any interaction with your fellow students. You might be able to compare notes, and criticize the teacher or the methods or ANYTHING AT ALL.

Now now Lucy... Jesus doesn't want us to do anything but listen to the headship/teacher... silly woman... free thinking and whatnot. None of that shit!

My first thought is that this is done to prevent anyone who does in fact sign up for the class from knowing they are the only student or one of 2 in the class. They can pop up with "A student has asked" questions from any past classes to allow current students to think there are others, without revealing that the courses are not popular.

That could definitely be a reason for it.

But keep in mind that the whole Maxwell cult is about having total control over who your kids socialize with. If your SAHD signs up for an online class, she might meet another SAHD whose family isn't so obsessively restrictive. They might actually communicate, and decide they like each other and want to keep in touch after the class is over! And in the Maxwell cult, friends outside of the immediate family sphere are verboten. So to allow the students to interact is exposing them to temptation, and possibly undesirable outside influences. The whole Maxwell way of doing things is just that fear-crazed and obsessed with control, so I can see that being the rationale behind keeping it strictly-business and one-on-one with the teacher/authority.

Wonder if they teach women how to reset their home wi-fi password?

Now that would get my hubby to *submit* to me in a heartbeat. :)

That could definitely be a reason for it.

But keep in mind that the whole Maxwell cult is about having total control over who your kids socialize with. If your SAHD signs up for an online class, she might meet another SAHD whose family isn't so obsessively restrictive. They might actually communicate, and decide they like each other and want to keep in touch after the class is over! And in the Maxwell cult, friends outside of the immediate family sphere are verboten. So to allow the students to interact is exposing them to temptation, and possibly undesirable outside influences. The whole Maxwell way of doing things is just that fear-crazed and obsessed with control, so I can see that being the rationale behind keeping it strictly-business and one-on-one with the teacher/authority.

Didn't they ban participants in their message boards from sharing identifying information or associating with each other off the board?

• 1 month later...

Someone needs to tell Stevhova that generally you do not use family members as "successful students". Couldn't they find anyone outside the family.

Also I didn't need the A+ course to be able to do simple computer repairs, I taught myself.

Someone needs to tell Stevhova that generally you do not use family members as "successful students". Couldn't they find anyone outside the family.

Also I didn't need the A+ course to be able to do simple computer repairs, I taught myself.

And how much do you wanna bet the "delightful" conversation Anna had with her RV park neighbor involved;

A). Do you know where you're going when you die?

B). Here is some 1 Ton Ramp info, so you can learn how to fix your computer yourself (for the low, low price of $1,000).

The LORD led her to take the 1TonRamp A+ course?? Only of the Lord's name happens to be Steve. And golly gee whillikers - now she can do things only her brothers used to be able to do!! Mercy, where will it all end...

(Insert cash register "ka-ching" sound here.)

Give. me. a. break.

Didn't they ban participants in their message boards from sharing identifying information or associating with each other off the board?

Indeed. They announced that they were closing the moms board down in x number of days because "the lord" put it on their hearts that people were spending too much time on the massage board. Shortly after they turned off private messaging because they "found out" that members were exchanging email addresses and discussing other message boards that they could post on, thus circumventing Steve's "the lord's" plan for them to get off the computer and focus on their families.

Anna said she spoke with Nathan. Scandalous!!! I don't care if he is her brother, she should not be allowed to speak with a male teacher!

Interesting - I see they teach a class in CSS.

I've been learning CSS myself recently. Bought the PDF version of "CSS3: The Missing Manual" from O'Reilly (on a half off day, even!) and it comes with exercises to do (that you download for free off of O'Reilly's website and then follow instructions in the book) and leads you every step of the way, I'd recommend that to anyone. Even if you pay full price it's $30. Woot.

Archived