IGNORED

Why All The Single Ladies Should Sign-up For 1TonRamp

twin2

From the FAQ page of 1TonRamp

Would ITonRamp benefit a young woman or mom?

Absolutely! We think many moms will like our Home Track course that will teach them foundational computer information for home use.

For years our hearts have gone out to single moms struggling to provide for their families. We are hopeful that ITonRamp will facilitate single mothers in their ability to provide for their families. IT work often receives higher wages than other jobs. At the least, single moms will able to earn extra income working from home by reloading computers and removing malware and viruses from them.

Most classes a single mom might consider enrolling in to improve her income are either expensive or take her away from home. ITonRamp is cost effective (we may have some scholarships available), and allows Mom to learn from home.

Young women will also find ITonRamp courses useful. It can be a struggle to productively stay busy as young women wait on the Lord for a marriage partner. It is not our goal to provide a career as such for young women, but to help them be productive with their time as the Lord Jesus directs. IT work can give excellent opportunities to earn significant self-employed income in a safe, non-corporate environment and have skills that will facilitate a future marriage, especially if the future husband is self-employed.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So poor Sarah is doing IT work while she waits on the LORD for a godly spouse..But it isn't intended to be a career.

Seriously.Flawed.Thinking.

From the FAQ page of 1TonRamp

There is so much wrong with this that I hardly know where to begin. We can start with the bolded selections, as those were the most WTF inducing for me upon first glance.

First- Since when has the plight of single moms ever been even the faintest blip on the Mighty Maxwell radar? His Steveness would be far likelier to shame and belittle a single mom, and hold her up as an example of what happens when you aren't godly enough, and don't pursue a courtship style precursor to engagement and marriage.

Second- This bit here shows me that there is little, if anything at all, that is relevant that any of the "students" of this faux educational endeavor would be learning, certainly not enough to justify charging money for it. Reloading? Seriously?

And what sort of credentials do the instructors of this sham have? What sort of accreditation does this program carry, and what sort of positions would a graduate of this program be qualified to hold? What is the employment rate among graduates?

Third- Do you participate in the federal student loan program? I'm sure we all know the answer to that. What sort of scholarship opportunities, exactly, do you offer?

Fourth- Wait, hold up, after all this bullshit, you aren't actually providing a service that one could expect to help build knowledge and experience to land a career in IT work? COLOR ME ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SHOCKED.

As a stay at home/work at home mom that used to work in the IT field before I had children, this is setting off some huge alarm bells for me. I am genuinely curious what the costs associated with this are, and what sort of topics they purport to provide instruction on.

My youngest will be starting kindergarten in a few years, and I have decided that instead of going back to ye olde local university to pursue a 4 year degree in MIS, that in the fall I will start a program for an associates in applied sciences, which I should easily be able to complete by the time he is ready for school and I am ready to return to the workforce outside the home. Less time, less money, and I will be able to generate a respectable income upon completion, which I bet is a lot more than anyone going this 1TonofShit will be able to say.

I wonder if their scholarship is more of a convert and we'll give you a discount. Or perhaps, marry a son and get the course for free.

Do you have a payment plan?

Yes, but it's not what you're thinking. Break the course fee down into the size and quantity of payments you are comfortable with. Then, we would encourage you to take each payment, put it in an envelope and set it aside. When you have the tuition amount in your envelope, deposit it in your bank and register for the course online. You will have learned your first valuable lesson from your association with ITonRamp.

From the FAQ page of 1TonRamp.

Best part, I think.

They are moronic, and are likely to turn off most if not all non-Christians wanting IT 'training'. And as a woman, college graduate, IT professional (server analyst), I say their offerings look like complete crap.

Edited because I do know how to spell, I'm just tired.

What is PC reloading ? Is that when My DH has to re-install everything on my laptop after I break it ? Isn't it just more time consuming and boring than hard.

What is PC reloading ? Is that when My DH has to re-install everything on my laptop after I break it ? Isn't it just more time consuming and boring than hard.

And this is why it's perfect for a single mother. :roll:

And this is why it's perfect for a single mother. :roll:

Yeah. It's like piecework done by mothers living in tenements, only updated for 2013. :roll:

I kept pronouncing it 1 Ton Romp in my head, which sounds like some sort of rowdy elephant gathering. I would rather get trampled by elephants then sit through anything Maxwell produced.

IT Onramp...oh, like on the freeway! Clever Steve, real clever.

Just an FYI Steve, there are jobs in between this horrible evil corporate environment you speak of, and one's living room. It's shocking, I know, but Sarah doing something outside your creepy commune won't magically transform her into a CEO or investment banker who works 70 hours a week.

They are really stretching it that their computer classes will enable single mothers to support their family. It takes more than a few computing basics to generate enough income from home like that. Still, I'm glad they acknowledge that computing skills is good for women to have. I imagine many fundies men see it as "men's work", something that would confuse the poor female mind.

I wonder how much money they're making form the ITonRamp thing. This economy is not a good time to start a new business, especially one that offers very expensive computing lessons. Well, we will see how much time they spend with this business before they close it down.

Do you have a payment plan?

Yes, but it's not what you're thinking. Break the course fee down into the size and quantity of payments you are comfortable with. Then, we would encourage you to take each payment, put it in an envelope and set it aside. When you have the tuition amount in your envelope, deposit it in your bank and register for the course online. You will have learned your first valuable lesson from your association with ITonRamp.

W.T.F?!? Seriously? A simple "no, I'm sorry, not at this time" would have been sufficient. Why be a condescending ass to your future potential customers?

W.T.F?!? Seriously? A simple "no, I'm sorry, not at this time" would have been sufficient. Why be a condescending ass to your future potential customers?

I didn't even see that. Yeah, it's kind of asshole thing to say. Still, the world revolves around the Maxwells. They know what's best and even peripheral association with them will teach you something!

So far, "having skills that will facilitate a future marriage" hasn't worked so well for Sarah.

From the FAQ page of 1TonRamp.

Best part, I think.

They are moronic, and are likely to turn off most if not all non-Christians wanting IT 'training'. And as a woman, college graduate, IT professional (server analyst), I say their offerings look like complete crap.

Edited because I do know how to spell, I'm just tired.

This reminds me of The Help when Hilly refuses to loan her maid money.

I wonder how much money they're making form the ITonRamp thing. This economy is not a good time to start a new business, especially one that offers very expensive computing lessons. Well, we will see how much time they spend with this business before they close it down.

It's not a new business, is it? I was sure it was around when I first started lurking at FJ, so...18 months? 2 years? Maybe I'm wrong. Everything about their web business annoys me. They are just so....mediocre at it. Bordering on incompetent.

This kind of lecturing pisses me off. And he's also mentioned the possibility of scholarships, so I wonder how that works? The amount of detail written in the "save up for it" instructions is nothing more than rude.

Weirdly, they specify 'each person' for the registration fees. No sharing! Sounds about right from people who actively try to stop you from getting their books used (IIRC).

Guest Anonymous

It's not a new business, is it? I was sure it was around when I first started lurking at FJ, so...18 months? 2 years? Maybe I'm wrong. Everything about their web business annoys me. They are just so....mediocre at it. Bordering on incompetent.

It's been going a couple of years. Steve also commented somewhere that the reversals are concentrating on the IT/consultancy business rather than construction because it is less hard physically on their bodies.

I think it will be harder to carry it forward once the horse and pony shows drop off though. As it stands, Joe and Nathan pimp the courses out at every conference they get to.

Let's play compare and contrast.

Scenario One: Fundie woman goes to college(even a very conservative one) to learn a few skills to fall back on in the event that her future headship becomes incapacitated/unemployed/God hits the smite button=Lack of trust that God will provide. Evil. Sinful. Computer says "No." Satan rubs his hands together and gloats.

Scenario Two: Fundie woman shells out megabucks to Steve Maxwell for a(n overpriced, subpar) course (that will won't actually teach her anything but we will pretend) in case her future headship becomes incapacitated/unemployed/God hit's the smite button= A prudent use of time and resources. All things true/honest/just/pure/lovely/etc.

I wish they'd make up their minds.

This reminds me of The Help when Hilly refuses to loan her maid money.

I also thought about that scene from The Help. Steve and Nathan are smug assholes like Hilly.

Archived