IGNORED

Introduce Yourself

Deleted04

Hi, I'm knew. I'm 28, a grad student in secondary math education, and a mother to a nearly 1 year old boy. I've lurked on TWOP, after being banned for I'm not entirely sure what. I thought I'd come here and check it out.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! I'm another longtime lurker who had been suffering FJ withdrawal. I'm even kind of glad snark went member-only; otherwise I don't know if I ever would have gotten up the courage to register.

Anyway, I'm an early-30s Midwestern grad student, SO close to done with grad school (and I can't wait!). I live with my partner and cat, I love books and knitting and gardening, and I first became fascinated with the Duggars because I always wondered what it would be like to have more than one sibling and fifteen (back in the day) seemed unimaginable. Free Jinger brought me from "oh, their views are very different from mine but they're such a nice family" to...my current opinion of them. :D

Hi, I've read free jinger on and off since the yuku days and have followed some fundie blogs since 2008 - especially the S'Mortons and Stacy McDonald and family. I am an attorney working at a non-profit focused on women's right. The thriving US patriarchy counter-culture baffles and stuns me.

Hello. Bit of a lurker and finally decided to join. I'm a 40yrold SAHM from Australia. My current obsession is pintrest :lol: I read, crochet, cook, sew and garden. oh and take care of my children :D

Hello. Bit of a lurker and finally decided to join. I'm a 40yrold SAHM from Australia. My current obsession is pintrest :lol: I read, crochet, cook, sew and garden. oh and take care of my children :D

Welcome :) You might enjoy our brand new Quiver Full of Hobbies forum that just opened :) http://freejinger.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=39

Hi I am 37 female, married and from NH. I have 4 children 2 boys 5 and 15 and 2 girls 2 and 11 yo. I am a part time registered nurse (psychiatric) I have been lurking a long time. I found free jinger from another duggar snarking site. I will say my views can be somewhere in the middle.... I home school one of my children soon to be two and have some some conservative views but no where like the Duggars and these other fundies...Glad to meet you all :)

Hi everyone :) I'm a VERY very longterm lurker who finally joined. I can't even remember when I first started reading FJ! I'm 33, married with bunny and kitty furkids, and I'm a gal from Michigan. I own an engineering firm that specializes in the amusement industry (as in roller coasters and theme parks) and coasters and parks have been my biggest passion in life! You may be riding on a coaster we worked on this summer ;) I've been reading FJ for a long time because-

1) I come from the die-hard-iest, most difficult-to-remain-sane-in Catholic fundie family you can imagine. I am proof that Catholic fundies exist and they chased me right the hell out with the craziness. Family involved in weird off-shoot "societies" in the faith, made my first communion at a Papal Mass, I could go on. I also endured massive child abuse under the guise of religion so I am VERY outspoken against anything fundie.

2) I am a product of the SOTDRT- homeschooled for all of my schooling aside from one year in middle school. I really can't say anything bad about homeschooling itself, just that it was used as a way to keep me away from the heathen evul world. What I CAN say bad things about is that I was abandoned to complete my last couple years of high school completely on my own when my mother decided to give up on my education because I did not want to go into a church-based profession or be a SAHD. I ended up kicking ass in college (REAL college, not CollegeMinus LOL), graduating Magna Cum Laude with a marketing degree and with Highest Honors through the Honors Program. Thanks for nothin', Ma...I thrived in spite of what was thrown at me.

3) I've been in therapy for *years* to deal with my childhood and most of the worst experiences stemmed from psycho religious beliefs. It's been a huge source of catharsis to read FJ and know others experienced similar things, plus they feel safe to RANT on here without problems.

4) I'm still dealing with some fundie family and need a place to vent.

5) Cannot stand the Duggars and see right through all of the picture-perfect BS these people like to churn up due to my own experiences with the "oh so perfect religious family" crap in my own family.

Aside from that, I really have a metric butt-ton of interests :) My main ones are roller coasters/parks of course, electronic music (aka EDM), the band 311, horse riding and horses, hockey, fashion/makeup/nails, NASCAR (I live by a NASCAR track), and collecting 80s toys. Aaaaand, my DH and I are both hardcore Bronies. I was actually a MLP collector on an epic scale before FIM came out so it all sort of took me by surprise LOL. I see there are a few other Bronies on here ;)

Hope to talk to you guys soon :)

Hi everyone :) I'm a VERY very longterm lurker who finally joined.

Bonus points for having a fluffy bunny in your avatar! ;)

Bonus points for having a fluffy bunny in your avatar! ;)

That's my bun Scarlett disapproving of me. She's a tough old bird! She was diagnosed with mammary cancer in 2007 and is still kicking thanks to holistic meds! :)

Hi! I am a 42-year-old single mom of 2 kids ages 12 and 8. I live in WI (born and raised) and teach 1st grade in an ebil public school. I am a Christian, but hardly ever go to church. I stumbled upon Free Jinger when doing some research on the Duggars last spring after they announced their support of Santorum. That's when my obsession with Fundies began! I have been a lurker ever since then and just recently joined after the big switch-over last month...I really missed reading here when I didn't have access to the snark board! :D

Hello all. I'm a newish lurker who decided to register to keep reading. I read about Free Jinger on another message board. I'm 33 and single and I live on the east coast.

Hi! I'm 25 and live in Europe. I've been lurking for about 1 year and finally decided to register because fundies were not nearly as fun when I just read them by myself.

Hi! I have been lurking for awhile. I'm in my early 50's, married, live in a small town 30 miles east of Seattle, and have a chocolate Lab and two uncivilized cats. I'm a former fundie. I attended Bill Gothard's "Institute in Basic Youth Conflicts" yearly until my mid-20's. When I'm not refusing friend requests from people in my former church, I'm a romance author.

Hi! I have been lurking for awhile. I'm in my early 50's, married, live in a small town 30 miles east of Seattle, and have a chocolate Lab and two uncivilized cats. I'm a former fundie. I attended Bill Gothard's "Institute in Basic Youth Conflicts" yearly until my mid-20's. When I'm not refusing friend requests from people in my former church, I'm a romance author.

Welcome Rainytown! I'm sure we'd all love to hear more about what I've bolded :) Feel free to start a thread or if you'd like to write a summary *big doe eyes* that would be great, too :)

I am 26. Married, no kids. I have lurked for a while and am glad to be back in and receive the push I needed to actually post by the required registration. I live near San Francisco now but grew up in rural Western NY state.

I grew up in attending a fundie-light church sporadically, although my parents were never as deep into the fundie-ism as many, and later my dad would pretty much leave religion all together. A lot of my youth group (boys mostly, girls don't need college) ended up at Bob Jones or Liberty.

I have a morbid fascination with fundie culture, and other religion culture (I read Mormon mommy blogs as well), despite being mostly agnostic and a strong feminist.

I'm excited to be here.

26, atheist, PhD student (for a few more weeks!) in neuroscience, from the deep south, liberal with some libertarian-leaning roots, lurker since around 2009ish, maybe? My family was fundie-lite for many years and it led to a lot of distance between us currently and some long-term damage, although I believe my mom is making a little effort at reconsidering some of her past decisions/beliefs. Not married but in a serious relationship, looking forward to having kids in a few years. I've always been morbidly fascinated by extreme fundies and have loved reading the discussions and snark here for many years. Kim Coughlan, Erika Shupe and Kimberly of Raising Olives are some of my favorite fundies. Loved Meredith back when she was a thing, the gals from The Kings Courts, and of course the famous Emily, too. I would love to meet some fellow snarkers!

Welcome Rainytown! I'm sure we'd all love to hear more about what I've bolded :) Feel free to start a thread or if you'd like to write a summary *big doe eyes* that would be great, too :)

Yes! I would love to hear more about the early days.

I'm 25 and live in the horrible, soul-crushing suburbs of Portland, Oregon. I've been an FJ lurker on and off for a few years now. I was born and grew up in an incredibly conservative part of the country, and though my family is liberal, I always found it strangely fascinating that people whose life experiences seemed so similar to mine could turn out Scary Fundie.

When I'm not lurking on conservative Christian message boards and blogs, I like reading, outdoorsy shit, compiling information about disasters and other dire topics, and taking naps.

My "favorite" fundie families are the Andersons and the Arndts. So much weird packed into two blogs.

Hi! I'm 29, married and a mother. I've moved a ton and come from a religious non-Christian background.

Found this site after watching some Duggar episodes (what else?) and some googling. Just found them fascinating, and many of my co-religionists like them because of the modest clothing and family values and ability to breed. I had much more mixed feelings and loved the snark here.

The whole Christian fundamentalist thing is super interesting. Coming from a different but very religious background I don't mind some ofthe strange externals that others comment on. I probably look stranger in some ways than they do. It's the smug and the distaste of education and science that scare me, among other things.

Hi y'all! I'm 27, grew up independent Baptist, finally left the umbrella of protection when I was 23. The level of fundydom I came from would put your popular snarkees to shame. ;). I am married to the man of MY dreams (not my daddy's) and happy. I work, have my own money, and occasionally go out with the girls. That's the beginning of my story!!

hi I am new, I am a mother of 5. I am in college so I don't get on much, just lurk on here between classes. I found you all because I was on a board for large families and they freaked out about you, so I had to check it out, and honestly you snark on some of the women who where complete Assholes too me for having a life outside so when I first found you I did a bunch of giggling and cheering.

Hi everyone. Another long time lurker finally registering. I haven't registered before as I always found that someone else had already made the point/comment by the time I read a thread. I am now having snark withdrawals so here I am registering.

Late 30s, no headship, no arrows in my quiver. Papa Maxwell would steer Sarah well clear of me! I live frighteningly close to ATI HQ in Australia (but had no idea we even had ATI here until David Waller is a pecan thief came to visit).

My parents proclaim no interest in religion whatsoever but somehow I was still made to attend Sunday School at a Baptist Church as a child, Every Girls Rally as a pre-teen and then an Anglicn Church-based high school.

At the time, my parents just thought EGR was like Girl Guides but with a bit of churchy talk thrown in, but looking at the website now it looks like it is an evangelical recruitment drive: www.touch-sub.com/nzrally/whatrally.html

I discovered freejinger after being horrified by a Duggar marathon on a trip to the USA quite a few years ago. I couldn't believe that this family was being rewarded with their own bright and breezy tv show when what they were doing basically amounted to child abuse in my view. I was so relieved to find other people questioned their ethics and beliefs! I stayed because freejingerites are a fantastic blend of snark, intelligence, humor, tolerance, curiosity and diverse backgrounds.

I don't have "favourite" fundies because quite frankly they are all horrifying, but whenever I need to remind myself how fortunate I am to be independent, tertiary-educated and well-travelled, I read Raising Olives and shudder.

hi I am new, I am a mother of 5. I am in college so I don't get on much, just lurk on here between classes. I found you all because I was on a board for large families and they freaked out about you, so I had to check it out, and honestly you snark on some of the women who where complete Assholes too me for having a life outside so when I first found you I did a bunch of giggling and cheering.

:dance: Not that they are assholes to you, just that I'm not surprised that under that super-sweet, oh-so-humble shell, most of these fundes are as bitchy as we are.

Archived