IGNORED

Introduce Yourself

Deleted04

Hi - I'm 31. Grew up on the east coast of Canada, now living in Alberta.

I work for the ebil provincial health system as a psychologist - but am home for a year on mat leave with my daughter (she's 5 months old). I've been married for 4 years and we lived in sin for a time before that.

I've been a devout feminist since I was a child and have always been fascinated by the modesty and submission fetishes - my fundie hobby has only grown since I've known my husband's fundie brother + wife + kids.

ETA: Oh yeah, I grew up Anglican, my family still attends semi-regularly. I can't ever recall a time when I believed in God or what they were telling us in Sunday school - I remember wondering as a small child how other people could really believe it. I was confirmed at about the age of 12 - I wouldn't call it a choice though. At the time I tried to believe - didn't ever work. I seem to be missing the religion gene :D

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a 38-year-old female from Michigan. I have two awesome daughters and a black cat named Phoenix. I had my children at a young age and then, 11 years ago, my health went to crap. Now that my kids are older (20 and 15) and my health is improving, I feel like I'm starting all over again in life. It's both exciting and scary. In 2010, I enrolled in a paralegal program, which I'm hoping to finish by next summer. After that...who knows! I haven't worked in 11 years and the thought of getting back out there scares the hell out of me! However, I'm thankful to be well enough to have another shot at life. The fact that there are so many awesome women here who are starting college/furthering their education later in life really inspires me!

I've been hanging out at FJ for six years; I discovered the site via TWoP. As my post count shows, I mainly just read; however, sometimes I get brave and/or frisky and actually post. I don't know of another forum as awesome as this on the whole Internet.

Melissa!

Born and raised in central Pennsylvania, two years ago transplanted to the capitol city of Michigan for some legal education.

Three fur babies [hoping for real ones eventually], one technological baby [my Keurig] recent homeowner, happily in love and waiting for an engagement ring from my other half.

Bleeding heart liberal, old-school Catholic [contemporary churches freak me out] and unapologetic feminist, and yeah, those three sides clash every now and then.

Obsessed with cooking, gardening, string cheese and sleeping.

We're neighbors! I don't live in Lansing, but do go to school there.

I am a 63 old French/Dutch widow and I have two sons, although my youngest son passed away in March 2010 at the age of 28, I still have 2 children.

I am an atheist, psychologist (retired), cynic and a I have a natural strong aversion to religion and I mean all of them. That includes everything from fundamentalism to the more 'tolerant' versions.

I do have a 16 year old ginger feline headship.

As far as religion is concerned I am glad I live in this (secular) part of the world.

My gateway to FJ was Zsu and I therefor consider myself a Zsu expert.

Mid 30s, female in Western NY.

I am agnostic. I am also engaged, will be married in September. No kids yet.

27, New England, USA, former Navy brat, oldest of four. Raised fundamentalist/traditional Catholic in a cultic, far-right-wing home, homeschooled from 6th grade to end of high school, disowned/shunned. BA in English (what the hell do you do with it?), currently employed full-time. Out bisexual with female-sexed fiancee (thank Celestia we live up here!), no children/childfree. Liberal, atheist, skeptic, feminist, humongous geek. ^_^

This site has been better (and cheaper) than therapy for me. Thank you all for letting me know I'm not alone. *hugs!*

Love the Avenue Q reference about your BA :D So what do you actually do with that? If you don't mind me asking.

I'm 19, splitting my time between 2 small New England towns. I'm currently a live-in caregiver for my grandmother, and I'm also in the early stages (like pre-prerequisites) of working towards a nursing degree. I caught the first Duggar special a few years ago, and my mother started railing about what idiots they were (She grew up semi fundie - 12 siblings.). I came across FJ back when it was on yuku, while I was looking for anti-duggar boards.

Very long time lurker first time poster.

I thought now would be a great time to introduce myself since there are a few peeps from my area of the US.

I am 46 wife (married 29 years) and mother to three 28 g, 24 g, & 16 b. I live in Louisville, KY which is located about 10 to 15 minutes from Southern IN and about an hour and a half South of Cincinnati, OH. I work for my ebul public system as an Administrative Assistant in the IT department. My kids attended the ebul public school and my second daughter is attending an ebul state university finishing up her Masters in Human Services. My son will be JR in high school and he plays football.

I think I found FJ through TWOP or maybe DWOP. I am not sure all that matters is I found this great place in the cyber world. My favorite place to come besides FJ on FB.

Hi! I lurk all the time, but don't post that often. I am in my mid-40's, and have two girls in elementary school. I'm originally from Louisiana but have been living in TX for over 20 years. My department at work was eliminated last year, so I was downsized. As a result, I have decided to be a SAHM for a year or two, and am thoroughly enjoying it.

I found FJ through the Duggars. However, I have always been interested in fundies. I grew up liberal in a very conservative area, so I was always intrigued about differences in religious dogma, and how two people could read the same bible but have totally different interpretations of it. My mother majored in world religions in college, so she tried to expose me to different ideas.

I'm 30, two young sons, married. I'm in California, and I found this board way back in its Yuku days, looking for Duggar info.

I'm a 31-year-old female from Northern Ky (about 10 min south of Cincinnati OH). I have 3 living children (2 sons, 1 daughter) that range in age from 4 to 8 years, as well as twin sons who passed away at birth due to extreme prematurity. (born at 21 weeks). I also have 3 cats and 1 dog. I found this site via TWOP after looking up info on the Duggars. The first time I saw their show was when Michelle was during the Josh and Anna engagement/wedding and all I could think was that those people were batshit crazy. I had no idea that Quiverfull even existed until I found FreeJinger. I lurked a bit on the yuku boards and started posting here and there after the rapture. I still mostly just read but will post occasionally.

*stares in disbelief*

(I've been doing that a lot lately heh, mostly from lurking and reading around here)

Can't fail to notice amazing graphics on that website. Ehm. :shock:

Good lawd, it's as if I went back in time to the 1990s :?

Whoot! Fellow Kentuckians FJers make me so happy! Hi y'all.

Anyway, you can probably guess what I look like from the username. I'm in my early 20's, about to start my final year of undergrad at a college in Central KY. However, I've lived my whole life in NKY, very close to the hopefully-dead-site-of-the-Noah's-Ark-theme-park. I found FreeJinger through googling certain fundie issues I was encountering in real life, which lead me to the wedding of Peter and Kelly BRADRICK!, which lead me here.

Whoo hoo!! Greetings from Louisville and welcome to FJ.

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm a Canadian living in Texas, married for 15 years with 2 boys- 7 and 4. I never gave much thought to religion until I read the website of the 'modern' church where I sent my boys to preschool- the husband is the head of the family crap. I thought when the other mothers mentioned getting an allowance it was a budgeting thing, boy was I wrong! My obsession started with the Duggers but I've moved onto the Maxwells. Looking forward to the upcoming wedding!

Good lawd, it's as if I went back in time to the 1990s :?

Wow. That site looks like it was dreamed up by Fred Phelps. :shock:

Love the Avenue Q reference about your BA :D So what do you actually do with that? If you don't mind me asking.

Technical writing for a defense contractor. Basically, I edit and proof the 1000+ page user manuals that engineers churn out and make it readable. Celestia love them, they're surely a bunch of whiz kids with electronics and stuff, but they can't string together a coherent sentence in English to save their thrice-damned lives. :roll:

I am a 63 old French/Dutch widow and I have two sons, although my youngest son passed away in March 2010 at the age of 28, I still have 2 children.

I am an atheist, psychologist (retired), cynic and a I have a natural strong aversion to religion and I mean all of them. That includes everything from fundamentalism to the more 'tolerant' versions.

I do have a 16 year old ginger feline headship.

As far as religion is concerned I am glad I live in this (secular) part of the world.

My gateway to FJ was Zsu and I therefor consider myself a Zsu expert.

No1 I loved your name.

I thought you were way much younger. How funny what we see?

And Zsu...I rarely detest things so much as to invest my feelings on the internet. She ticks my boxes. I totally detest everything about her.

Hi!

I am mid 40's and live in Toronto, Ontario. I am an elementary school teacher; and ebil public school teacher, I might add. I grew up on a farm and moved to the city in the mid 90's. I am single with no children.

I found FreeJinger from the Duggar site on TWoP, when I got annoyed by not so humble Howard. I enjoy reading the posts and every now and then add my two cents.

I've found myself blasting fundimentatists to others and my parents, in their 70'sn now refer to them as crazy fundies!

I am so happy to see this thread. It gives people a chance to say hey...I may not post ..hey I love to watch..just hey...I am here.

It is so much nicer than being told to 'fuck off' 'write in paragraphs' et al. Too me that is ignorant. But very common here. If you want to educate somebody in how to behave here..this kind of thread will work.

If you get off on just being ignorant when people post whilst trying to fit in and you are exceptionally rude. GO you..you have issues.

Takes all kinds.

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm a Canadian living in Texas, married for 15 years with 2 boys- 7 and 4. I never gave much thought to religion until I read the website of the 'modern' church where I sent my boys to preschool- the husband is the head of the family crap. I thought when the other mothers mentioned getting an allowance it was a budgeting thing, boy was I wrong! My obsession started with the Duggers but I've moved onto the Maxwells. Looking forward to the upcoming wedding!

I am looking forward to the Maxwell wedding, too. Hope it is livestreamed. It is a lot of fun to snark during the ceremony woth other FJers.

Let's see, aged 57, single, retired, disabled and an atheist. No kids but I live with my sister and her family so I'm an aunt to two human nieces and one human nephew and two canine nephews and one canine niece. And I'm from the northeast part of the US.

Let's see, aged 57, single, retired, disabled and an atheist. No kids but I live with my sister and her family so I'm an aunt to two human nieces and one human nephew and two canine nephews and one canine niece. And I'm from the northeast part of the US.

You have such a cute avatar :)

You have such a cute avatar :)

Thanks, it reflects my current world view.

I haven't posted in a long time, probably six months, but I still lurk : )

I am 32, married, mom of three, live near Seattle. I was raised by a Catholic mom and a non-believing dad, I became a Christian at age 21. I am probably what this board would describe as fundie-lite.

Thanks, it reflects my current world view.

Yeah, mine too, we should take them to the avatar playground for a playdate sometime.

Archived