IGNORED

Introduce Yourself

Deleted04

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm from Iowa but live on the east coast now, I"m old LOL lets see how old am I? I think I'm 59 but keep forgetting LOL

Glad to see a fellow Iowan here --- I'm from central IA. :dance: :D

Holy Mother of God! I need my eyes bleached after that, and I haven't even read anything yet. :o

Believe me it gets worse after that. I can't believe I didn't loose my sanity when I discovered it....

Glad to see a fellow Iowan here --- I'm from central IA. :dance: :D

really? cool, I haven't lived there since the early 70s though. I lived near Cedar Rapids for a while then in Burlington when I was in college

what part of central Iowa are you from?

24 year old mom of 2 boys who are encouraged to be who they want to be and speak their minds, married to a man who would never dream of telling me to submit to anything. Masters student at the ebil state university and pizza delivery driver.

Hi, I've been lurking for quite awhile. I used to visit TWOP but they made me mad and somehow I found this site. Anyway, I was prompted to finally join when I read the thread that was ostensibly about the Duggars' possible third grandchild, but then evolved into a big argument about being called a woman or a girl.

I'm a college educated woman in my 50s. My husband and I have one son who is in grad school. I live in the intermountain west. We have our share of crazies (Sharron Angle, anyone?). I make no apologies for being a liberal/ feminist/environmentalist.

Hi, I'm a mom to 2 kids and a student who is currently going through a divorce from her husband of 12 years. I'm currently a student and plan to apply for nursing school next semester (fingers crossed). I grew up Baptist and then my dad remarried someone in a doom's day cult. We went through a hoarding food and weapons phase (this was around the Waco time) and then it wound up disintegrating when the church turned out to be some sort of pyramid scheme (you bought the specific food brand through the church) and it was all a scam to get money out of the members.

Then they went fundie light, although really it was just as fundie as the Gothardites but with normal, modest clothing (could wear jeans and such), which makes it more insidious in my eyes because they fly under the radar.

I'm now agnostic, I guess.

I'm a 32-year-old lawyer, married, one kid. I live on the Gulf Coast, but I'm originally from the Midwest. I used to be Catholic, but now I'm sliding headlong into atheism.

I'm 25, married with a two month old son. I was raised in Hawaii, but now I live in Sydney, Australia. I'm currently a stay at home mom, but I've worked in reception and admin, with most of my experience in film/tv casting. I'm planning on staying home with my baby until he's at least a year old, but I am really loving being a stay at home mom, so I might stay home with him until he's in preschool. The Duggars were my real gateway fundies, but I had a semi-fundie upbringing. My mom would have been a full-on hardcore fundie, but I think it required too much energy for her. But she hauled me to Calvary Church, had me homeskooled for several years through A Beka, and gave me Chick Tracks all the time when I was a kid (some of them would send me into hysterical crying fits. They're really not appropriate for kids). I did become really disillusioned with Christianity at a pretty early age (about 12 or 13), but it wasn't until I looked into the Duggars' beliefs and found FJ that I really began to understand how dangerous fundamentalist Christian beliefs are. I lurked for years, and joined shortly before the Rapture. Then I lurked on this new board for a while, and finally registered a few weeks ago.

I'm 19 and a college student in Eugene Oregon. Born in Seattle and raised in Portland so I'm very much a Pacific Northwest kind of girl. I'm studying child development so the Duggar kids are really interesting to me. And I was raised Catholic but now see myself as a very liberal agnostic/maybe still kinda Christian

I'm a 33 year old, stay- at-home, homeschooling mom. We live in the bible belt, in a military town. I am a main stream Protestant ( Methodist). I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided to join the fun!

Hi! :greetings-waveyellow: I've been a lurker here for like six months, so I thought I'd finally join so I can talk. I'm 27 and live in Colorado. I was raised as a Methodist missionary kid, but I'm not a practicing member of any religion at the moment.

I've worked all different kinds of jobs: caterer, model, flight attendant, web cam girl, housekeeper, nanny, personal assistant, photographer's assistant, insurance agent. I've got an art history degree and I'm thinking of heading back to school in the fall. Right now I'm a stay-at-home-wife-type-person. Anyway, the stay-at-home-thing combined with a serious frugal/DIY bent is how I got into fundie blogs. I go looking for canning and gardening tips and the next thing I know, I'm reading Emily's old blog and I can't look away.

I'm into making stuff and doing things. I like snowboarding in the winter and camping in the summer and exploring old gold mines.

I'm 41, I live in Central KY, where every one has a Bible in one hand and a gun in the other. And they'll beat you down with both. I am single, with one furry child, a beagadore I found on the side of the road. Never married. I have two masters in history and psychology and am using neither in my job, which is in computer forensics.

My religious views are from the church of apathy. I could argue for the existence of god, but I don't really care. The only gods I worship are those who play for the Detroit Red Wings.

I found FJ while trying to google who in the world LIKED the Duggars. I'm secretly trying to figure out which Dugglett will be gay, which one will fall into Heroin, which one will run away with gypsies and so on. I hope one of them learns how to construct a sentence in English and then writes a book called "Gothard Dearest".

I'm 41, I live in Central KY, where every one has a Bible in one hand and a gun in the other. And they'll beat you down with both. I am single, with one furry child, a beagadore I found on the side of the road. Never married. I have two masters in history and psychology and am using neither in my job, which is in computer forensics.

A beagadore? A beagle and what, labrador? Do you have a picture you can post? I'm moving in May and I can have a dog in my new place. I was leaning toward a labradoode or goldendoodle but earlier this week I decided on a beagle, a better size for an apt.

A beagadore? A beagle and what, labrador? Do you have a picture you can post? I'm moving in May and I can have a dog in my new place. I was leaning toward a labradoode or goldendoodle but earlier this week I decided on a beagle, a better size for an apt.

I googled and found some photos. It looks like they are closer to a lab in size. Maybe if I could get a runt, I want a smaller dog, 20 to 25 lbs.

• 4 months later...

Oh I only just saw this. I'm early-mid 20s, from Australia. I found this because I got linked to a fundie blog on another site ages ago and used to go back sometimes to look for updates with horrified fascination. From there I found some others and then I heard about the Alaina Beasley thing and the whole thing weirded me out, when I googled it for more info I found this forum and it was the only place discussing these things!

I'm 19 and a college student in Eugene Oregon. Born in Seattle and raised in Portland so I'm very much a Pacific Northwest kind of girl. I'm studying child development so the Duggar kids are really interesting to me. And I was raised Catholic but now see myself as a very liberal agnostic/maybe still kinda Christian

Drop me a p.m. if you are coming up to Beaver town, I'll buy you a beer :D

Howzit. I'm 34, mom of 4, Irish, like 84% of Ireland, roman catholic but us Irish Catholics are fairly crap at it. We sin left right & centre but turn up to church at Christmas, to get married and baptise our babies. Anyone see the link here with alcohol? Anyway...

Started watching 19k&c few years ago, we get it on discovery health and we are fairly behind you guys (mid way through latest season now). Fascinated with the uber conservative religious aspect, could never miss a show. Only recently googled Michelle to see what background she came from and discovered the world of snark and dwop and the fundie phenomenon in general. It's feckin gripping!

Ooh, I saw this thread while wandering through the archives but felt too awkward to revive it. Thanks, experiencedd!

I'm 25, childless/childfree and living in sin in Australia. I found this forum a few months back while sort of doing research for the novel I'm writing (about religion in public schools and the intersection of religious and secular communities) and sort of looking at youtube videos of 19KAC. I was thinking, "there must be other people like me who enjoy following these people for all the wrong reasons" and then found a post on a pro-Duggar site where people were complaining about you guys calling in to a radio show interview with Michelle Duggar. And I fell in love. I was particularly pleased to re-discover the Maxwells, they were my first fundies but I'd forgotten about them over the years.

I have to thank you all profusely, because the amount of material I got from here in doing my research has spilled over into a whole second novel! And also for the lols, of course. So thank you, so much!

Archived