IGNORED

Introduce Yourself

Deleted04

30 yrs old, living in NYC, writing a dissertation on the 1980s, and teaching at night. A couple of sweeties; one cat. My gateway to fundie blogging was a set of xangas written by the eldest daughters of a family I used to know IRL (our parents were friends). I found FJ I think through the TWOP boards.

You're near me. Fancy! *waves from across the river*

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

It has been a long time since I last posted on any kind of a message board... so it's a tiny bit intimidating! (and I am very new here).

I have been lurking for a wee while now. Gateway fundie for me was Anna T. and I was so fascinated by her cause I think she is around my age and I had a really hard time imagining that someone my age was so.. ambitionless. Not that I want an awesome career (a normal paycheck is just fine for me) but having a ton of kids and serving my husband isn't exactly the only thing I want from life.

Anyway, I am from Central Europe (moved to Western Europe recently), almost 26 years old, trying hard to graduate and am completely fascinated that people can lead such sheltered lives and completely ignore mainstream culture along with science and everything else.

I am married and we have a kitten, kids are planned for the near future. :)

That's about it! :)

Hi!

I'm me. I have 2 daughters, 3.5 and almost 2, an awesome husband. I'm an archaeologist by day and a cheesemaker and lover of all things fabric and wool at night. Pretty much atheist. Have a small farm and a lot of chores. Winter is when I post online, no field work!

Hi, I'm 23. I have have Asperger Syndrome. I am a College student taking English and Art. I have a nephew is just turned 3, and I'm the youngest of 7 children. You probably know me as the person who says 75% of random, offensive, incomprehensible, stupid and off topic things. I came to Free Jinger originally because I wanted to write stories of the Quiverfull/VF people. I really do admire Feminism and want to call myself a Feminist, its just I have communicating problems. I strongly admire and feel close to the Feminine Divinity of God than just the Masculine side, perhaps its because I am more close to my mother than to my father.

I'm a nearly 25 year old PhD student (chemistry, duh) living in the great North East. I am an only child of a single mother who raised me to decide what I wanted to about religion. She took me to church as a child and I got WAY into it in my early teen years and probably could have considered myself an evangelical. Then I turned 16 and realized it was all insane and have since come completely out. I now consider myself to be sans-religion and not looking for one. I believe in science and wine and love spending time with my fur kid (cat).

Oldest of a quiverful of homeschooled siblings. Canadian. Single, not looking, and dislike long walks on the beach.

"It's complicated" relationship with faith/church/God. Believe I may be genetically predisposed to fundamentalism.

Aspergers. Favourite type of pie: cherry. Shoe size: 7.

Hello. :D Just found this thread. I'm 27 been married for the last nearly 8 years and have 2 children. My son is 5 and my daughter is 2. I enjoy reading - historical fiction and sci fi mostly. I watch way too much TV but the Star Trek and MASH are leveled out by the history channel documentaries and discovery channal.

I'm Christian even if I was told I wasn't when I left my old friends and my old church I refuse to believe God doesn't want me happy.

You're near me. Fancy! *waves from across the river*

You're both near me too!!! I'm Molly, in my 20s, I live outside of NYC! I'm interested in fundies because I grew up in a very liberal, very Jewish area of New York, went to a liberal college, but come across a LOT of devout Christians in my advocacy for special needs adoptions. Most of the people I know are totally wonderful, I've visited with many of them, and I've been welcomed with open arms. They know I'm a liberal Jew who loves gays and that's ok with them! That said, I know not all Christians are like that, so I'm intrigued by the fund-sanity! Some of the families I "know" or read blogs of are probably fundie-lites, not entirely sure... but I find them fascinating from an anthropological standpoint!

Hi, I'm 23. I have have Asperger Syndrome. I am a College student taking English and Art. I have a nephew is just turned 3, and I'm the youngest of 7 children. You probably know me as the person who says 75% of random, offensive, incomprehensible, stupid and off topic things. I came to Free Jinger originally because I wanted to write stories of the Quiverfull/VF people. I really do admire Feminism and want to call myself a Feminist, its just I have communicating problems. I strongly admire and feel close to the Feminine Divinity of God than just the Masculine side, perhaps its because I am more close to my mother than to my father.

Hiiiiiiii! I love meeting adults with Aspergers because I work with TONS of kiddos with autism/aspergers and everytime I see a post like this I'm reminded of all the possibilities that are out there for my kiddos!

Just turned 39 (that hurts to say out loud). I live outside of Denver, born in Michigan and moved here when I was 9. I'm the single mom of a 17 year old son with Spina Bifida, a heart defect, epilepsy, OCD, and runs on the spectrum. He likes Elmo and pretty girls with big boobs. Life at our house is rather unusual, to say the least. I have the ebil college degree but I work from home so I can take better care of the kiddo. I'm agnostic and a flaming liberal, my ideal orgy would include Rachel Maddow, Bill Maher, and Both Clintons. I found FJ while googling the Duggars because my stepsister is QF. I miss Emily and dna.

The boy and I have both been home since Friday with the worst cold in history. I ran out of kleenex today. Someone please send liquor.

Just turned 39 (that hurts to say out loud). I live outside of Denver, born in Michigan and moved here when I was 9. I'm the single mom of a 17 year old son with Spina Bifida, a heart defect, epilepsy, OCD, and runs on the spectrum. He likes Elmo and pretty girls with big boobs. Life at our house is rather unusual, to say the least. I have the ebil college degree but I work from home so I can take better care of the kiddo. I'm agnostic and a flaming liberal, my ideal orgy would include Rachel Maddow, Bill Maher, and Both Clintons. I found FJ while googling the Duggars because my stepsister is QF. I miss Emily and dna.

The boy and I have both been home since Friday with the worst cold in history. I ran out of kleenex today. Someone please send liquor.

Please give me the date time an place of the orgy, I may be too old to participate, but I will capture those memories with a webcam. :lol:

I'm confused because in November you said this:

I was excited to see someone older than me (I'm 67) so I looked at your other posts and saw this discrepancy. You have another post where you say you are 74. So, 70's, 74, and 45. :?

@NurseNell- Just curious if YAHsome ever tried to explain the discrepency (because I think I've seen her post since then as if nothing happened).

@NurseNell- Just curious if YAHsome ever tried to explain the discrepency (because I think I've seen her post since then as if nothing happened).

Not a word. I don't think she has posted since though, check her profile.

Ah, ok. It could very well have been someone else whose user name is a variant of yahsome/yawsome

I don't think I've introduced myself before, so I'll go ahead and do so now. I've been lurking for months and joined awhile ago, but have only started posting recently. Early 30s, single with a furbaby, originally from the West Coast but currently residing in the Midwest. I work in the evil public school system, ostensibly to help those students needing special education but in reality to brainwash the vulnerable youngins into voting for liberal politicians and having premarital sex so they can get abortions when they are older. Don't tell anyone :shhh:

Ah, ok. It could very well have been someone else whose user name is a variant of yahsome/yawsome

search.php?author_id=1309&sr=posts

All of her posts show under YAHsome. I don't know, I suppose a daughter or someone could have used her name to post something but then she'd explain that.

No, no, sorry my wording was bad. I meant that when I thought she had posted recently (since you asked the question), obviously it wasn't her, it was a completely different FJer who just had a username that made me think of the woman in her 70s/40s.

I don't think I've introduced myself before, so I'll go ahead and do so now. I've been lurking for months and joined awhile ago, but have only started posting recently. Early 30s, single with a furbaby, originally from the West Coast but currently residing in the Midwest. I work in the evil public school system, ostensibly to help those students needing special education but in reality to brainwash the vulnerable youngins into voting for liberal politicians and having premarital sex so they can get abortions when they are older. Don't tell anyone :shhh:

Hey! That's what I want to do too! Except I want to feminize all the boys so they'll be gay.

Hello, FJ!

I am 41, female, divorced, an atheist, and reside in NE Ohio. I have three offspring ages 16, 14, and 9 who, I am proud to say, are all growing up to be amazing freethinkers. I have one mixed breed pup who is 2 and one tuxedo kitteh who is 9.

I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

I never wear nail polish and my favorite fruit pie is blueberry.

Hello all,

I'm in my late 30's, married from the midwest (USA), no kids, a degree holder but left the corporate world when I got married, love to craft (specially making jewelry and hand embroidery), and I love anything handmade.

When I grow up, I want to learn how to tat, knit, sew, bookbind, metalsmith, etc... the list is so long!:)

* Marking this thread for further reading later. I love this kind of threads.:)

Hi FJ! I've been lurking since before the Rapture. I originally found you after reading Razing Ruth's story on NLQ. I find the fundie lifestyle morbidly fascinating. Some of it is appealing to me - I have stay-at-home homesteading fantasies, and the idea of being part of a big close-knit devoutly religious family that lives on a farm sounds heavenly to me. However, I'm not down with the whole "patriarchy" thing and my devoutly-held religion is Paganism. It's like a horror movie where the killer seems all awesome and nice but there are bodies in the freezer - so strange and scary but fascinating, too.

Besides the Paganism, I have a complicated reproductive history such that, if the fundies had had their legislative way years ago, I would be dead twice over. I am passionate about reproductive rights. When one of them comes on here and complains about how mean you guys are, I think it's funny when they are so much crueler in how they talk about people like me. I'm not "anti-Christian" in any sense, though I get mistaken for it sometimes. Plenty of Christians don't want me dead, thankfully, and I'm cool with them.

I'm 39 years old. I was married for ten years but I'm now divorced and living in sin with a nice Jewish man. My quiver is filled with four cats and a very small dog. I majored in ancient Greek in college and am often surprised at how little some of our fundies seem to know of their own sacred text. I work at a boring office job. Currently wearing OPI "Kiss me on my Tulips" but I'm due for another manicure soon (weekly manicures are my one girly self-indulgence) and I'm leaning towards "Pink Friday" next - I'm all about the pinks right now.

Okay well I'm from Massachusetts and I'm 20 years old. I'm studying to become a teacher; kindergarten and first grade but I'd really love to teach special ed.

My gateway fundies were the Duggars and Jesus is Savior. The Duggars because I used to like them but after several internet searches I realized their lifestyle was dangerous and they weren't as "perfect" as everyone put them out to be. Jesus is Savior I found it by accident. I couldn't believe someone could be that angry at everything :doh:

I'm a 30something working mom of two, degree in Economics. I'm ELCA Lutheran. (I suspect this may be important later.) I got into this thing because I was amazed that anyone would say God wanted them to have that many kids and surely they meant God only meant them. That they realized this had to be a personal decision. And no they didn't realize that and down the rabbit hole I went. I ended up here because I had no idea what "defrauding" was supposed to mean.

Mostly, I find fundies entertaining in a "bat colony that grew in an inappropriate location" sort of way. Sometimes, I find them really, really awful.

ETA: Oh yeah, I'm married. Which also why I'm here. Husband-type-person is a tad bored with the whole topic.

My gateway fundies were the Duggars and Jesus is Savior. The Duggars because I used to like them but after several internet searches I realized their lifestyle was dangerous and they weren't as "perfect" as everyone put them out to be. Jesus is Savior I found it by accident. I couldn't believe someone could be that angry at everything :doh:

What is Jesus is Savior? Can you direct me to a web site?

42 (even though my birthday cakes say I'm 21) from upstate SC. Married with two kids, and I am a nurse who works in a hell hole. :) At least last night I did. And it is the type of facility that they Maxwells would show up at.

I crochet, cross stitch, raise koi, two crazy cats. I also like to attend Highland games. And, according to my husband, have an unwholesome obsession with firetrucks. My gateway fundie was Emily (of 1000 a month). And boy do I miss her. And the Duggars. I spend way to much time on free jinger.

Archived