IGNORED

Church signs that make you scratch your head (Buzzfeed)

CanadianHippie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's wrong with the Blessing of Pets? I think they deserved to be blessed.

I think it's the "& whatever and a lawnchair" part, like they didn't think this completely through.

Given that I have seen sheep, fish, chickens and turtles at my church's animal blessing, I think "whatever" is awesome. Though we do provide chairs. :)

I also rather like the mosquito one. They must have a place, but I'm damned if I can think of what it is beyond making me itch!

As we were driving by a church one day (on our way to another church) my friend said, "read that sign please."

me: stop drop and roll doesn't work in hell

Friend: doesn't that just really inspire you to go to church?

me: no

friend: exactly

:lol: okay, I hope my mind wasn't the that went to the wrong place while reading that! Some of those signs sound downright dirty!

Definitely not just you. I'd love to know how many of them were deliberately dirty - there's no way "BYOBJ (Baby Jesus)" and "Forgiveness is swallowing when you want to spit" weren't deliberate.

I'd also love to hear Boob's take on that sign about real friends not rubbing it in.

There's one near me that frequently has cringe-worthy signs. They aren't particularly funny or anything, just bad. Right now it's "Be nice to your enimies. It messes with there heads." (Errors are not mine, and it almost hurt to type that out.) Before that it was "Wal-Mart is not the only saving place."

A church in my home town wanted us to "Join team Jesus before the Breaking Dawn." This was just a few days before the movie was released in theaters.

I saw a local sign that advertized an aerobics class offered at the church. I still wish I'd taken a picture of it. It said, "Praise Aerobics for Women."

Though, with some of the stuff that I've read here, it could have been actually praising aerobics for women.

I find all of these strangely charming, with the exception of the anti-Obama one, which bores and annoys me. :)

Near where I live, this lady posted in her front yard a sign that said, "Honk if you love Jesus," on one side and "Honk if you hate abortion," on the other. Her neighbors actually took her to court to have the signs removed because of all the late night honkage from those who agreed with her and the yelling and throwing objects by the ones who didn't.

I swear to the flying spaghetti monster that a local church used to have a sign that read, "Now serving children" Every time we passed that sign my husband said, "With BBQ sauce?"

We have one which says " Shorter Children's Service - 11am to 12am". I always wonder what the longer service is like.... :shock:

(Also, are taller children disbarred?)

We get a lot of zingers here on one hill there is a HUGE sign "Christ is the Answer"-I just want to know the question?

Or "Don't be alone tonight.... Embrace jesus!"

"Spread Around the Love. A time of Sharing with Pastor *Alice"

*name changed

"At the end of your rope? Leap! Have Faith in Jesus"

I wish my son was here he remembers more of them than I do!! We reall go out of our way to make sure we read the church signs they crack us up especially the local Weslyan Church!

I think it's the "& whatever and a lawnchair" part, like they didn't think this completely through.

That one's my new desktop picture! It's so random.

those were great. I like the one "open your mouth and I will fill it". It has to be a joke or do these people not understand what they are putting up?

Given that I have seen sheep, fish, chickens and turtles at my church's animal blessing, I think "whatever" is awesome. Though we do provide chairs. :)

I also rather like the mosquito one. They must have a place, but I'm damned if I can think of what it is beyond making me itch!

Well, they provide food for purple martins. I''d like to know the ecological niche of yellow jackets myself. Where exactly do they fit in?

ETA: That church with the blatantly political sign needs to lose their tax exempt status pronto.

I saw one a couple of years ago that still burns my buns - "We're too blessed to be depressed."

I saw one a couple of years ago that still burns my buns - "We're too blessed to be depressed."

OMG! That used to piss me off so bad when I was churchy and suffering from depression! Funny thing, I'm no longer churchy and I no longer suffer depression.

There was a church in my hometown that always had something either offensive or WTF (or both!) on its sign. The only one I remember though is "Wedlock is a padlock."

Archived