IGNORED

Church signs that make you scratch your head (Buzzfeed)

CanadianHippie

Not funny, just annoying... every day I drive past a Baptist church with the pastor's name on their sign: Rev. Ashley So-and-So. Recently they changed it to Rev. BRO. Ashley So-and-So, because y'know, God forbid anyone think they had one of them lady preachers. Sigh.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Showed this to my son who said "Yeah. Ministers go e ghetto. It's what happens when they try to be cool and appeal to young people. Just makes them look #%*^%%". Apparently 'Minister' or 'Pastor' are for white bread kids. They use 'Brother' or 'Bro' when going for what they see as rougher or lower class kids. Son, who is Christian and dresses goth, says he gets this all the time but the kids see through it and it just looks like they are trying too hard.

Showed this to my son who said "Yeah. Ministers go e ghetto. It's what happens when they try to be cool and appeal to young people. Just makes them look #%*^%%". Apparently 'Minister' or 'Pastor' are for white bread kids. They use 'Brother' or 'Bro' when going for what they see as rougher or lower class kids. Son, who is Christian and dresses goth, says he gets this all the time but the kids see through it and it just looks like they are trying too hard.

I've totally seen that too. :) In this part of the South, though, (small-town, rural, conservative, mostly white) I'm pretty sure they stuck "Bro." in there because they didn't have enough letters to spell, "OUR PASTOR IS A GUY, WE SWEAR!"

Archived