IGNORED

Passion2013 Atlanta

Buzzard

The youth group from my church is there now! I have to admit to being a little jealous as Chris Tomlin is one of my faves. You definitely won't see people of the Duggar variety or any Gothard people as some of the bands they get (or at least have gotten in the past) are definitely "rock"and they support everyone, even women, going to college and getting an education. At a lot of these events Christian colleges will set up booths and things like that.

Please tell them to STAY OUT OF CENTENNIAL PARK AFTER DARK PLEASE!!!! We've had some issues... In fact, tell them not to go out after dark PERIOD. This is not a safe part of the city!

Please tell them to STAY OUT OF CENTENNIAL PARK AFTER DARK PLEASE!!!! We've had some issues... In fact, tell them not to go out after dark PERIOD. This is not a safe part of the city!

Jebsus will surround them with a veil of protection from evildoers. 8-)

I have looked at some of the more recent pics and there are people who got Chris Tomlin's CD and certain books before release date at the conference. For some reason I cracked up at this pic

80153f9455fd11e2a15422000a9f19a4_7.jpg

I have looked at some of the more recent pics and there are people who got Chris Tomlin's CD and certain books before release date at the conference. For some reason I cracked up at this pic

80153f9455fd11e2a15422000a9f19a4_7.jpg

Looking at that photo, I just got the "YMCA" song stuck in my head.

I would hope that the adults with them wouldn't let them! I know I wouldn't if I were one of the chaperones.

I would hope that the adults with them wouldn't let them! I know I wouldn't if I were one of the chaperones.

Looking at the recent police blotters... it hasnt gone so well for them so I'm gonna need them to be more street smart. Jebus is clearly still napping from new years.

Looking at the recent police blotters... it hasnt gone so well for them so I'm gonna need them to be more street smart. Jebus is clearly still napping from new years.

Oh. God.

Do tell!

Looking at that photo, I just got the "YMCA" song stuck in my head.

So did I. In this context, hilarious. :lol:

I have been to two passion events (years ago). My pic is even in the liner note thingies with one of the CDs :D

It is basically a 3day worship session with guest speakers spread throughout. I actually enjoyed it for the most part. I tend to tune out speakers, though.

Passion is great worship, for those who like that style, the messages are challenging-even my ADD brain got a bit out of it, they talk about working to change your life and those around you for the better, there is some challenge to your thinking about God, bible, etc.....I don't recall much 'sin shaming.'

No way would a fundie be caught dead at a passion event.

Things are winding down at Passion. Tons of people have been live streaming the event. There are a lot of IG pics of the blue light beam from last night.

http://www.gadome.com/booking/doc/Rate% ... le%202.pdf

I'm still absolutely floored at the amount of money they're making on this thing. This is an old schedule, but it cant be too far off. Its 40k for the first day, 30k for a second. Lets assume they needed it for a week. Adding meeting rooms and parking for the speakers, lights etc, Its somewhere around 500k. Even if they paid the speakers 100k each (which I highly doubt) and donated 10% they're still walking out with 10 million dollars. Shocking!

I'm sure these events are EXACTLY what Jesus had in mind for his followers to do with their time and money.

As soon as there is an arrest I'll be happy to! Right now the reports arent public.

I watched the news last night and the only thing they really talked about were the two armed carjackings on Northside Ave.

Archived