IGNORED

Passion2013 Atlanta

Buzzard

There are now 8138 pictures on instagram tagged #passion2012 and 40577 tagged #passion2013!!! For the low low price of $219 plus transportation, lodging, and food you too could have attended this 3 day Jesusfest in Atlanta (its fucking freezing here by the way).

Yup! Sweet, innocent little SAHDs are now making their way through the bluff or walking back to the Omni hotel across some of the worst streets in Atlanta, after dark and in groups of iphone toting morons, all in His name. The passion does NOT provide any form of transportation to this blessed event.

5be7ce7a55cb11e2a74822000a9e2993_6.jpg

[ @ ] meganfate 55,000 people worshipping JESUS #passion2012 2h

[ @ ] haleydowney Tell Louie g hello. 2h

[ @ ] raeleshe Whoa! That's intense! 2h

[ @ ] hayitsemily_ that's amazing! reminds me of Hume, but waaaaay more people :p you're gonna be missed next summer Megan! 1h

[ @ ] jeweltonedlife Wish I was there this year! 1h

[ @ ] missyclarisaaaa WOOOOOW!!! That is so amazing!!! 56min

[ @ ] brenna_ann Palmcroft from Arizona is in section 243! 53min

[ @ ] e_scott_boy My mommy and daddy are there with you 42min

Concerts should be at night. Noon shit is weird.

b59f7d0255c911e2b62722000a1fbc10_6.jpg

Apparently the natives are restless.

0de7b51e55da11e29fe522000a1f97ce_6.jpg

I find it odd that they did not invite any law enforcement to join in on this "hotline" (and yes, I checked). eta - apparently this is a "slavery hotline." The side point on this little shindig is to end slavery and human trafficking. Kinda hard to do when you dont even involve local level police...

a42394fe55d911e291e622000a1f9d57_6.jpg

[ @ ] taylooor217 YES! 7min

[ @ ] taylooor217 #jesus #passion2013 5min

So...yeah...

I heard about this from a friend the other day. He used to attend a megachurch back when he lived in Indiana. Since moving from Indiana, he keeps occasional contact with some of the people from that megachurch. A few of the employees who work for that church goes to events(e.g. Seeds Conference) like this all the time. My friend was sent material about Passion 2013 from one of his old church friends, a few months back. From the pics on IG, it seems to be more of event for fundie lite or mainstream types.

One of my friend is attending it. It's basically a 3 day event where a bunch of Christians come together, praise Jesus, listen to worship songs by a bunch of Christian bands, and donate money in hopes to end human trafficking that goes on in India/China border. They were on the news last year when they raised over $1m. My friend isn't one of those uber fundie Christians-more mainstream Christian. She drinks, she dances, she goes on dates, and she doesn't look down at you for being another religion. She goes every year with her friends but she noticed that the one bad thing about these events are girls who try to "out christian" one another. She stopped going to church for 6 months because Passion 2012 shook her faith a bit. Apparently, a few girls called her a sinner for dancing to music other than worship music and drinking alcohol. They kept asking her how she could be for Jesus when she does things that go against the Bible. They also gave her crap when they found out she wasn't able to attend church on Sundays because of school. They called her lazy. Other than that, she enjoys it if she's with her roommate and away from all the drama.

My boyfriend works right across the street from the Omni hotel and he said it was a bitch just to get to work today.

The hand thing looks like what a lot of sororities do to represent their letters in pictures. Idk, but that could be Kappa Phi, which is a Christian sorority

I'm voting for snooze fest

4f70177655d811e2963d22000a1f9cad_6.jpg

7642d6fe55d811e2b55422000a9f1377_6.jpg

c25e59d255d811e2bfae22000a9e0782_6.jpg

Full on fundie or fundie lite, these kids need a tighter leash. They're all over underground and centennial park and a few have already run afoul of the locals. Jesus cant protect you from the Bluff!

My cousin, who is a fundie-light Baptist and lives just outside of Atlanta, is there right now. The descriptions that you all have given are pretty much what it is. It is a big event with music, pastors speaking, and fundraising for human trafficking. You can live stream it from the Passion 2013 website: 268generation.com/passion2013/.

It is definitely a fairly mainstream Christian event, with some fundie-light leanings.

I don't think this attracts many actual fundies... fundie-lites, definitely.

Maybe I'm just basing this on a particular blogger I read, who went to last year's Passion and comes off as a naive, phony try-hard... but I'm guessing that the issue of human trafficking isn't one that most of the attendees truly connect with. Slavery is ugly. It's abstract, in that it mostly affects poor people from other countries who probably aren't even Christians (gasp!). I just don't see these conservative bubble-dwellers getting genuinely fired up about it.

Its definetly not fundie, probably more mainstream Christians/fundie lites.

Most fundie parents dont want their child listening to Christian rock music or any sort of music resembling secular music, even if the lyrics are about God. Theres also the topless men with Jesus written on them, I dont think any fundies would want their sons doing that as its immodest, seeing as fundie boys tend to swim in wetsuits so nobody sees their nipples or chest.

It seems too fun to be fundie.

This entire thing sounds like a not fun, Christian version of the Women in the World conference. Of course, that conference (which is three solid days of all the amazing ways women are changing the world, including combating sex slavery and forced marriage) is all about celebrating strong women, which fundies do NOT do.

Ha, I have a relative that works security at these events in Atlanta. According to them, the Fundies are one of the worst crowds to deal with. As obnoxious and rude as the Cheerleader moms. One of the weirder events was a Salvation Army convention.

Ha, I have a relative that works security at these events in Atlanta. According to them, the Fundies are one of the worst crowds to deal with. As obnoxious and rude as the Cheerleader moms. One of the weirder events was a Salvation Army convention.

Facilities folks at my uni claimed the worst were the Promise Keepers. A couple always made guest appearances on the local police blotter.

I'm grateful that my friends have interests other than lifting the patriarchy via religion. We oldsters stick to stuff that is tried and true, sex, drugs and rock and roll. 8-)

Its definetly not fundie, probably more mainstream Christians/fundie lites.

Most fundie parents dont want their child listening to Christian rock music or any sort of music resembling secular music, even if the lyrics are about God. Theres also the topless men with Jesus written on them, I dont think any fundies would want their sons doing that as its immodest, seeing as fundie boys tend to swim in wetsuits so nobody sees their nipples or chest.

It seems too fun to be fundie.

Steve Maxwell would defintely loathe these types of events. I could see Lyndsie and Daniel, Miss Raquel, the Pleasant Boundaries family, and maybe Lori's kids enjoying an event like Passion 2013. ETA:Since this event is in Atlanta, I wouldn't be surprised if some of L&D's relatives are there.

I'm interested in the money! At $200+ a pop and 60,000 people there thats 12 million! I have no idea how much it costs to rent the dome, but it cant be all THAT much, leaving a crazy amount of money earned from this event! Doug Phillips the tool should take note!

I wouldn't be surprise if Doug the Tool or Ray Comfort and buddy Kirk Cameron would end up doing something like Passion.

The youth group from my church is there now! I have to admit to being a little jealous as Chris Tomlin is one of my faves. You definitely won't see people of the Duggar variety or any Gothard people as some of the bands they get (or at least have gotten in the past) are definitely "rock"and they support everyone, even women, going to college and getting an education. At a lot of these events Christian colleges will set up booths and things like that.

The hand signals are maybe people with crowns? Like they are daughters of the king?

Haven't read everything so forgive if this has been answered. The hand sign is a 5 point crown representing Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority, a social organization with no religious ties.

Archived