IGNORED

Massacre Occurred Because We ‘Removed God From Our Schools’

AtroposHeart

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/ ... r-schools/

Former Arkansas governor and GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee attributed today’s deadly massacre in an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut to the lack of God and religion in public schools.

Addressing the tragedy on Fox News, Huckabee dismissed calls for stricter gun control and claimed that future violence can be prevented by solving matters of “the heart†and turning to God:

HUCKABEE: Ultimately, you can take away every gun in America and somebody will use a bomb. When somebody has an intent to do incredible damage, they’re going to find a way to do it… People will want to pass new laws, but unless you change people’s hearts, they’re our transition to the pastor side. This is a heart issue, it’s not something, laws don’t change this kind of thing.

CAVUTO: You know, inevitably people ask after tragedies like this, how could God let this happen?

HUCKABEE: Well, you know, it’s an interesting thing. We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we’ve systematically removed God from our schools. Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage because we’ve made it a palce where we don’t want to talk about eternity, life, what responsibility means, accountability? That we’re not just going to have to be accountable to the police, if they catch us. But one day, we will stand before a Holy God in judgment. If we don’t believe that, then we don’t fear that.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If God lets a bunch of babies be slaughtered because he's too much of a diva to allow one place that doesn't constantly put him in the spotlight, then he is evil.

If God lets a bunch of babies be slaughtered because he's too much of a diva to allow one place that doesn't constantly put him in the spotlight, then he is evil.

Exactly.

Mike Huckabee can go fuck himself with a cactus. Twice. And he didn't answer the fucking question anyway. How could God, who supposedly loves his creation so so much, let 20 kindergarten children be murdered like this? Hmm? Because his commandments aren't posted on the fucking wall? Is God really so petty, with this "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" attitude? I'm pretty sure the shooter had heard of Jesus before. Maybe even "accepted Christ into his heart" at some point. God had nothing to do with this, one way or the other. It was some jackass with a gun that decided to walk into a school and kill children. If God could have intervened, and didn't, fuck him.

Fuck you, Mike Huckabee. The gunman wasn't a student so how would it matter if god was in the school or not. Go back to your Bible thumping agenda if you can't get involved in the real question: why we allow gun violence to continue (which of course you can't because we all know God put the Second Amendment in the 10 Commandments.)

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/12/14/1339971/huckabee-says-connecticut-school-massacre-occurred-because-we-removed-god-from-our-schools/

Former Arkansas governor and GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee attributed today’s deadly massacre in an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut to the lack of God and religion in public schools.

Addressing the tragedy on Fox News, Huckabee dismissed calls for stricter gun control and claimed that future violence can be prevented by solving matters of “the heart†and turning to God:

HUCKABEE: Ultimately, you can take away every gun in America and somebody will use a bomb. When somebody has an intent to do incredible damage, they’re going to find a way to do it… People will want to pass new laws, but unless you change people’s hearts, they’re our transition to the pastor side. This is a heart issue, it’s not something, laws don’t change this kind of thing.

CAVUTO: You know, inevitably people ask after tragedies like this, how could God let this happen?

HUCKABEE: Well, you know, it’s an interesting thing. We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we’ve systematically removed God from our schools. Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage because we’ve made it a palce where we don’t want to talk about eternity, life, what responsibility means, accountability? That we’re not just going to have to be accountable to the police, if they catch us. But one day, we will stand before a Holy God in judgment. If we don’t believe that, then we don’t fear that.

None of that requires a higher power.

Here's that timeline of school shootings from CNN. The earliest one they have is from 1927, a time when (I assume) the separation between religion and public schools was somewhat more lax.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/us/timeli ... ?hpt=hp_c2

The list on Wikipedia goes back to the 1700's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shooting#1700s

I'm not sure what Huckabee's point is about the lack of religion in schools, since the shooter was not a student--in fact, many school shooters (or bombers, etc.) have not been students at the school they attacked.

Mike Huckabee can go fuck himself with a cactus. Twice. And he didn't answer the fucking question anyway. How could God, who supposedly loves his creation so so much, let 20 kindergarten children be murdered like this? Hmm? Because his commandments aren't posted on the fucking wall? Is God really so petty, with this "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" attitude? I'm pretty sure the shooter had heard of Jesus before. Maybe even "accepted Christ into his heart" at some point. God had nothing to do with this, one way or the other. It was some jackass with a gun that decided to walk into a school and kill children. If God could have intervened, and didn't, fuck him.

I think he should have a brand new cactus each and every time.

I can't stand Huckabee. Mass shootings have happened everywhere. There was a shooting at a Christian college in California where 6 people died. Fuck that "removed God from schools" crap.

I can't stand Huckabee. Mass shootings have happened everywhere. There was a shooting at a Christian college in California where 6 people died. Fuck that "removed God from schools" crap.

maybe they didn't pray hard enough that day and god no longer thought they were special.

Fischer is spouting the same crap

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/f ... e-he-not-w

Bryan Fischer spent the first hour of his radio program today discussing this morning's truly horrific shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut, which he, of course, blamed on the fact that prayer, the Bible, and the Ten Commandments are not taught in public schools.

Fischer said that God could have protected the victims of this massacre, but didn't because "God is not going to go where he is not wanted" and so if school administrators really want to protect students, they will start every school day with prayer

well, then why were those poor little amish kids killed in nickle mines?? i am fairly certain that an amish school would be a heavily christian environment.

people who try to push their own agenda in times of tragedy are disgusting.

This x1000.

Did Fuckabee's son hang a dog from a tree and torture it because we "removed God from our schools"? I doubt it. He did it because he is probably a sociopath.

Nope. Sorry. When there's a tragedy like this, you don't get to make it about your own agenda. I have no respect for this man after a statement like that. Suck a dick Huckabee.

:angry-banghead: What a fucking idiot.

We all know Christians have never been violent. Does he know if the shooter was an atheist?
Won't matter. No true scotsman, man.

Exactly.

Yeah, that's not a god I want to worship.

Could somebody explain gun control in America to me? I don't know much about it but what I gather is that anybody can basically go and buy whatever they want?

I don't want to put it on the other thread as it is not appropriate.

I am not in a position to make judgements, because I live in a country where neighbours have been trying to kill each other for years, so I don't mean it that way. But terrorists aside, your common or garden citizen can't go out and buy a big fuck off weapon. I would just like to know how it works? I mean, I can shoot and all, we're a country family with a lot of poachers in our family tree, but it's still v. restricted and I can't really grasp the US system? I mean does it contribute to to this sort of thing?

Yeah, that's not a god I want to worship.

Could somebody explain gun control in America to me? I don't know much about it but what I gather is that anybody can basically go and buy whatever they want?

I don't want to put it on the other thread as it is not appropriate.

I am not in a position to make judgements, because I live in a country where neighbours have been trying to kill each other for years, so I don't mean it that way. But terrorists aside, your common or garden citizen can't go out and buy a big fuck off weapon. I would just like to know how it works? I mean, I can shoot and all, we're a country family with a lot of poachers in our family tree, but it's still v. restricted and I can't really grasp the US system? I mean does it contribute to to this sort of thing?

It depends upon the state. In some states, one can walk into a gun retailer and purchase a firearm that day with just ID. In some other states, there are waiting periods or more hurdles through which to jump. When I was growing up in Pennsylvania, for instance, one could purchase a gun as long as you had a driver's license or official ID and your name didn't pop up in a federal database. A lot of hurdles, though, no matter what the state, can be circumvented by gun shows.

And this is not directed at you, but just in general, I know that some people believe that "today is not the day" to discuss reasonable gun control. I would argue that if not this day, what day?

He's such scum. Let's victim blame here. Yes, the school was at fault for not have bible study as one of their classes, never mind the mentally ill lunatic who did not receive proper care and was not prevented from gaining access to guns. What a piece of shit person Mike Huckabee is.

It depends upon the state. In some states, one can walk into a gun retailer and purchase a firearm that day with just ID. In some other states, there are waiting periods or more hurdles through which to jump. When I was growing up in Pennsylvania, for instance, one could purchase a gun as long as you had a driver's license or official ID and your name didn't pop up in a federal database. A lot of hurdles, though, no matter what the state, can be circumvented by gun shows.

And this is not directed at you, but just in general, I know that some people believe that "today is not the day" to discuss reasonable gun control. I would argue that if not this day, what day?

Ah right I see.

From my perspective, being able to purchase a gun with only ID is terrifying. Given that the population of Northern Ireland is probably only about a tenth of even small American states, if that was the case over here, we'd all have been dead years ago. I mean that literally. They are bad enough with a bit of petrol and some milk bottles.

I don't feel qualified to really hold an informed opinion on it, but I would guess there will be a gun control discussion pretty damn quick, so yes...

Exactly.

Archived