IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Alecto

I'm happy that things are moving along after a slow build. I've been fascinated by Eugene's story line since he was absorbed by the saviours and I want to see what move he might come up with. Actually I love wondering what all the characters might do, I think that's one of the best parts of the show? What will Jadis do with negan now....I think she's done switching sides so I don't know if he can talk her back to his side. What will Dwight do? Will he appeal to Eugene to overthrow Simon?

I liked the appearance of Georgie and her key to the future. I think it is interesting to see people try to build communities and to see what resources they use...so using plans from medieval times for aqueducts and windmills and such intrigues me. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for a bit! Just a little bit of growing things, and making and building things for like 2 seconds of peace until the next catastrophe is nice here and there but also pretty interesting! Like, beyond the zombie's what is the survival guide for the apocalypse? Using whatever resources they have to rebuild...using innovations from the past...there are a lot of era's to draw from. Anyway, who knew I would get so excited over medieval plans for windmills? But then on to more blood and guts! I will say that I love Greg Nicotero KNB EFX and the artistry they put into all that gore! And as much as you want a moment of peace on the show you gotta love all the characters in their ass kicking mode. Throat rippin' Rick! is the best Rick.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm excited for the season finale of TWD and premier of FTWD, now with Morgan. Both episodes are being played on the big screen tonight for ten dollars. I wanted to go but went to the show last night so I'll be staying in with snacks and drinks. I was surprised to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan in the movie Rampage last night! People in the audience yelled out "Negan!" when he first appeared onscreen. I was among my people!

All out war has been extremely protracted, I'm glad it will finally be over. I do not understand how Jadis captured Negan and never found an explanation despite searching the web. Simon got what he deserved. Rick has gone to the dark side, maybe its grief. Killing off Carl was a waste, he and Enid should have got together and represented hope for the future as they had children. Many more years of the franchise could have come out of that. 

Join me tonight!

And fuck Eugene, he would sell out his own grandma.

This thread has been going for seven years now, since new thread criteria has been loosened up, maybe we can get a new one.

Well Eugene surprised me. In a good way. Maggie, Darryl, and Jesus can't abide Rick's mercy to Negan. See ya next season, TWD. The show has a new showrunner, it will be interesting to see what direction the show moves in. Hopefully I can get more of you to watch FTWD with me, Morgan is a fine addition, and there are lots of other new characters in the mix.

@SilverBeach Im IN LOVE with FTWD. The last season blew my socks off. Its a lot more artsy than TWD. The characters are great and I liked the premiere last night. The cowboy dude will be a good character. 

I knew Eugene was going to do what he did since he had that convo with Gabe about the bullets and I loved it. I love when someone Negan trusts betrays him but he never seems to get why.

It makes sense that there are two factions about what to do with Negan. As my husband said its pretty much the people who got a letter from Carl and those that didnt. I have really enjoyed the arc that came from Carls death, many beautiful moments and it has allowed Rick to connect with how life used to be and who he is. They will work it out though. I didnt get the Jadis thing either but whatevs. 

Eugene pulled a fast one on me, I bought his fake indignation and enthusiasm after the Daryl/Rosita encounter. The Carl letter didn't stop Rick from lying to and killing those saviors in the bar. And Negan would have killed Rick had the tables been turned. I hate that Carl was killed off, I would have preferred that he and Enid got together and ushered in the new world. 

Please join me in the FTWD thread next Sunday night for real-time commentary!

I know a lot of people hate that Carl is gone and it was so sad. But they have to kill off people we care about sometimes and I think it helped the storyline. Definitely they could have gone a different direction too though and I do hate when a budding love interest is thwarted. I wish they would develop more love stories but Im weird and like to see people getting it on. You should have seen me when Richonne happened. I was beside myself. 

And yeah it took Rick awhile to get where he did with the whole thing. Rick and his group have commited atrocities and they have to live with that, same with any remaining saviors. Im interested in seeing prisoner Negan but also want him dead. I see both sides.  

And i would love to chat FTWD but may not be able to in real time as its kind of couple time with me and my husband. Lame as that is haha 

edit to tag @SilverBeach

@MsSaylor, I can see getting it on, but not bringing a baby into that world. Mr. SB is not a dead fan, he'll suffer through a little bit of it but it's no fun watching with somebody who really isn't into it. I didn't really care about Carl getting killed, I just find it annoying how random it is that certain parts of the comics are followed, and some aren't. Carl wasn't killed of in the comics. Yet, Negan's throat slashing and imprisonment is just like in the comics. 

Nothing wrong with couple time however defined, we have ours too!

• 2 weeks later...

@SilverBeach just watched this weeks episode of fear. Wow. Im devastated and shocked. I really like this show though. Being cut lose with no source material has been a great thing. If we find out that Madison is dead too though Im going to question that. Im pretty sure shes alive. Also I thought the whole crossover thing was kind of gimmicky at first but Im obsessed with Morgan being on this show now. He fits in really well. 

I have grown to love Fear more than the main show.  

I may have has a moment regarding Nick, Morgan and the peanut butter protein bar only because it was an echo of a very small moment from Morgan's history on the main show.

I might end up liking Fear more too. Right now there arent as many characters that I feel emotional connection to and the main one just got killed off but I think I will. I like the aesthetic and just the artistry of Fear better and the story telling is good. Im not sure Ive quite gor my footing yet with the time jump. I feel like theres some holes in the character development but i trust it will come around. Also they had to kill off Nick bc Frank Dillane wanted to move on. That kind of makes me sad but they did a good job with it. He was such a great character.  

I'm not liking all the time jumping on Fear. And RIP Nick, didn't see that coming. The show will not be the same without him.

• 6 months later...

Necroing to say that I'm pretty much done. Carl is dead. Rick is dead, yet Negan is still alive, WTF? Even Jesus is dead. None of the new people are compelling to me. Maggie had a whole baby and we never once saw her showing. I love Michonne and Carol, and Daryl is still around, but that's not enough. Plus, they introduce things like helicopters and collecting A's and Bs, with zero explanation.  Ugh. What are they thinking? I'll get my zombie fix from ZNation.

@SilverBeach I don’t usually watch The Talking Dead but I needed to know what was going on with Rick. The plan is to continue on and expand the whole TWD universe with feature-length movies carrying on his story. He was just “done in Alexandria.”

I was really irritated that Negan just hopped out like that. 

And that Jesus just died like that.

I was thinking the show might evolve in an interesting way. But they make dumb plot moves. Just, so dumb. 

Maybe the problem is that on a small scale they have fixed too much and they do need to make a real radical change of pace. The solution was NOT to juat let the old bad guy out of the box after six years.

31 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

So Rick's not really dead? Does Michonne know that?

He and Jadis Anne are on their way to continue that whole plot thread in some separate TWD thing elsewhere, via the helicopter.

The creator dude made it seem fairly clear that Rick Grimes was done in Alexandria for now. He did not actually say that in some great distant future they may all reunite. But, for now, Rick and Michonne as we know them, are done.

Yeah Rick is alive theyre making like a 3 part movie series about him. Hes at a place called the Commonwealth from the comics. They have helicopters. Im assuming they will explain Jadis’ involvement with them and what the A and B thing is. I was pretty disoriented with the time jumps too and not sure what to think. I think they are on the right track though. They are expanding the universe and the time line ALOT in a short amount of time and it feels weird. But they had to do something to bring interest back. The Whisperers are a very large/scary/weird story arc and Im super excited for that. Not wanting a bunch of old characters to die though I know some will. I think the new characters will be good. I love how they are bringing in characters with disabilities into the universe. Anyway I was skeptical but by the mid season finale I think Im back on board. 

Eta: I HATE the fact that Rick is alive and Michonne doesnt know that and that their family isnt together. It kills me.

Archived