IGNORED

Bomb Girls

RandomTrivia

Kind of late asking, since the season finale was last night, but has anyone else been watching Bomb Girls (on Reelz Channel)? It's a WWII era drama, set in Canada, about women working in a munitions factory. HuffPo had an article about the show. It's been pretty interesting so far, and there'll be a second series/season. After the episode last night, I'm interested in how a lot of things are going to play out next season.

Reelz is running a marathon of all 6 episodes today and tomorrow, not sure if it's online anywhere though.

I watched the series last year sometime. I quite enjoyed it. I cannot remember any of the characters names but do wonder how things will go for the pregnant supervisor. The setting for the rich girl's house is the Parkwood Estate in Oshawa, Ontario, and I went there around the time I was watching the series and felt a huge sense of deja vu until I realized I had seen it on tv.

• 4 months later...

I am watching it now. It's on netflix. I didn't realize it was set in Canada initially and thought some of the stuff was "off". Now, it makes more sense. I really enjoy how they show the pervasive sexism that these girls have to battle with daily. It never occurred to me how difficult it must be for women to take over men's jobs like that. Not only do you get resentment from other men, but there's an internalized self-defeating attitude from these women that they are just "holding the fort" down. I'm glad to see the show is getting a second season.

I love this series. I think Reelz plays it in the US after the season finishes in Canada (not 100% sure). The 2013 season apparently starts playing on Reelz on 3/27.

Love this show. It's always nice when Canada makes a show that's actually GOOD. If anyone is in Canada the season starts up again on Monday. If you haven't been watching all the season 1 and 2 episodes are up for free on Global's website.

I just started watching it myself. It is good. I love Meg Tilly's character.

I just finished watching something similar, Land Girls, a BBC series which has the same premise and was very good.

It is on Netflix.

I had no idea that Canada had interment camps for Italians. I thought that we were alone in interring the Japanese.

Damm it, I really felt sorry for the fundie girl, Kate. She really didn't have a clue about Betty's feelings for her. I hate that she went back to her abusive father.

Bomb Girls has started up agian; not sure why they didn't show it for two months. I love how they are allowing the characters of Lorna and her husband to evolve. It was good to see it again last night. Looking forward to next week. :D

On a sidenote: I visied Parkwood House, the setting for Gladys' home, last summer. It is cool to see it in the tv show.

I wish I could see it but I don't even get reelz. I will have to wait for Netflix.

Bomb Girls has started up agian; not sure why they didn't show it for two months. I love how they are allowing the characters of Lorna and her husband to evolve. It was good to see it again last night. Looking forward to next week. :D

On a sidenote: I visied Parkwood House, the setting for Gladys' home, last summer. It is cool to see it in the tv show.

Reelz is starting new episodes tonight, apparently. Not sure why they seem to be showing 2 new episodes a night, I'd prefer one a week to make the fun last longer. :) But I'll take what I can get.

• 5 weeks later...

Aaaaaaaaaaaand its cancelled. Way to go Canada, you have one good TV show and then you get rid of it. Oh well, those 18 episodes will live on forever, plus they are apparently making a two hour movie to tie up the plot lines. So there is something to look forward too. Maybe another network will pick it up but I won't hold my breath.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand its cancelled. Way to go Canada, you have one good TV show and then you get rid of it. Oh well, those 18 episodes will live on forever, plus they are apparently making a two hour movie to tie up the plot lines. So there is something to look forward too. Maybe another network will pick it up but I won't hold my breath.

The Bomb Girls USA Facebook page has links to an online petition, apparently the movie isn't a sure thing (and isn't until "Winter 2014" anyway). Idiots.

I'd argue that Canada has more than one good show, but Bomb Girls is the only one south of the border right now (that I know of). And Flashpoint ended over the winter, so it's gone too. That just leaves whatever SyFy/USA are filming in Canada - Psych and a couple others? - so my argument's kind of weak at the moment.

Archived