IGNORED

Tonights debate.

Witsec7

Is it going to be live blogged from FJ? Will there be drinking games? Two shots every time Willard throws a 'zinger' at Obama?

Inquiring minds need to know.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm almost afraid to watch it, myself. Some of the stuff Romney comes out with is so cringe-inducing I'll probably be in a state of perpetual second-hand embarrassment for him. And I'm sure there will be a Lloyd Bentsen, 'You're no Jack Kennedy' moment at some point. Romney already looks like a deer caught in the headlights most of the time; I think a comment like that from Obama would just do him in altogether. :lol:

I'll probably cave and watch, though. With lots of popcorn. No Pepsi, though, sorry AreteJo. I'm a Coca Cola kinda gal. ;)

The fact that Romney has so little respect for voters that he believes that we want zingers instead of facts makes me want to drink.

I'm watching online via Cspan to avoid the talking heads. I have a nice comfort food dinner planned and I'll stop at the store to get some popcorn.

Neither candidate will be able to match Gary Johnson for thumb action - when I saw him at the Republican debates I had never heard of the guy, but every time he spoke his hands were clenched except for his thumbs, which were constantly moving like he was texting on an invisible device. All I could do was watch his hands, it was almost as hypnotic as when Sarah Palin started the VP debate with her bangs glued to her eyelashes. Almost.

I think tonight's debate will be blah, with Romney supporters saying their guy won and Obama supporters saying their guy won. It'll be formal and cautious, and they'll save their anger and barbs for debate #2.

Guest Anonymous

My husband and I would love to start a drinking game. Trouble is, we'd both be plastered 6 minutes into the debate, and nursing bad cases of DTs by the time 10 minutes had passed.

Excited to watch tonight's hootnanny but unfortunately Jr. has the creeping crud so I have to stay on top of things, no drinkie for me. Please, those of you who can, drink 2 or 10 for me. Especially since this is taking place at DU it's going to fuck up traffic for the entire city for the evening.

The fact that Romney has so little respect for voters that he believes that we want zingers instead of facts makes me want to drink.

The Zingers garbage tells me that Romney at this point is just desperate to hold onto the GOP base at this point and has no interest on working to win over moderates and independents.

I'm almost afraid to watch it, myself. Some of the stuff Romney comes out with is so cringe-inducing I'll probably be in a state of perpetual second-hand embarrassment for him. And I'm sure there will be a Lloyd Bentsen, 'You're no Jack Kennedy' moment at some point. Romney already looks like a deer caught in the headlights most of the time; I think a comment like that from Obama would just do him in altogether. :lol:

I'll probably cave and watch, though. With lots of popcorn. No Pepsi, though, sorry AreteJo. I'm a Coca Cola kinda gal. ;)

In the interest of world peace, I'm going to shrug that off with "Love the sinner, hate the sin". ;)

I have to drive children around tonight so I will be watching it late on youtube or whatever when I get home.

1 drink for:

Every time Romney refers to a group by an inappropriate title ("aliens" etc).

Every time someone says class warfare or similar.

Every time someone blames the rich or the poor for a situation.

Every time someone refers to a group by percentile. Like, the 1%, the 47%, etc.

I should be plastered by the end.

I like the bingo thing above, I might do that instead. I could pour wine into the shot glasses instead of whisky so I can function tomorrow.

It was way more fun getting plastered during these debates in 2008, I was still in college. Now I have to weigh whether I want to be hungover tomorrow. I might be playing the pepsi drinking game.

I'd join in, but seeing as how they've closed all routes I normally take home, I'm planning on my normally 45min commute turning into an hour and a half to two hours. Did I mention I'm down for the drinking game? ;) (ok, not while I'm driving, but I'm sensing I may end up margarita-deprived when I hit my front door)

ETA: woohoo! Got called off. :) Traffic along 25 was already super backed up at 2!

Another youtuber, I've got dance tonight. Planning on printing that MotherJones bingo for good measure.

I'll be watching, but I'm already cringing just thinking about what Mitt will say....!

I need to go to the store and stock up on soda and popcorn.

I'd join in, but seeing as how they've closed all routes I normally take home, I'm planning on my normally 45min commute turning into an hour and a half to two hours. Did I mention I'm down for the drinking game? ;) (ok, not while I'm driving, but I'm sensing I may end up margarita-deprived when I hit my front door)

Oh, are you in Denver too? I feel so bad for all the people who live/work anywhere near DU. Or have to take I-25 anywhere. I'm watching the debate at a school function. No drinking game for me, sad day.

I also really, REALLY want to go to the rally at Sloan's Lake tomorrow. We can't go to get tickets though. :cry:

I would just like to say it is coming up to my 8 yr anniversary of the Bush fiasco vote thingy...I jumped out of bed ran to my living room took a massive trip on something imaginary. Ruptured achilles heel. I thought I heard there was a result. 13 weeks in a cast.

I'm thinking i should not stay up for the debates. But I will :lol:

I wish I had a laptop so I could watch the debate while Politifact does the real time fact checking.

How to stay sober? Take a drink every time Politifact declares anything Romney says to be completely True - not even just "Mostly True".

(I'm an easy drunk - if I played any of the real debate drinking games, I'd be passed out withing 10 minutes.)

Archived