IGNORED

Tonights debate.

Witsec7

I like the Obama substance, but he has always had a problem with delivery in debates.

Romney has his talking points down, but I'm going to say it again, those facial expressions are way off putting.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I decided to read reactions of people I trust on twitter and they're saying the president is getting his ass kicked :( . How do you guys think he's doing.

It's the pundit class. I don't trust 'em. They were wrong in 2008.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of either Romney or Obama. That said, I'll be voting Obama because if Romney gets in, it'll be a field day for the evangelical Protestants, and not in a good way. That and Romney's "let's tax the middle class to give cuts to the rich" does not enthuse me at all.

What doesn't enthuse me about Obama is the creeping national security state. I was going to say that it is less likely under an Obama administration that the government is going to be up in my ladyparts--but then I remembered how MY HAIR (thick, long) was patted down by TSA last week when I went on a business trip, both coming and going. I was too shocked to say anything (plus, I was being paid to fly by my employer) but the next time a TSA agent walks up to me after I've been through the NudieScope and says she needs to check my hair, I'm going to tell her to get new gloves. Because I have no f*cking idea where her gloves have been. (I was thinking lice. My father was thinking bedbugs.)

I like the Obama substance, but he has always had a problem with delivery in debates.

Romney has his talking points down, but I'm going to say it again, those facial expressions are way off putting.

This. Romney's smirking is driving me up the wall. It's so rude.

I've lost the more amusing of the two 11 year olds already. I disagree that the Pres is losing. Romney has a very fake smile, won't hush when the Cool Dude asks him to, and he has thus far screwed PBS. Perhaps I'm a bit biased against PBS.

Regardless of the previous half hour, Romney's screwed at the moment.. we've move on to Medicare/Medicaid. Obama doesn't want to leave the elderly behind (great anecdote of his grandma that died right before he was sworn in). Romney's still claiming his tax idea is awesome-speshul.

He's not as put together as Romney for some reason in his wording. I don't think he's really enjoying his time there nor was he well prepared... which is surprising. However, if you listen to what Romney is saying, more than just the way he is saying it, Obama is doing better.

Do you think that could hurt Obama? Most pundits said the challenger usually wins the debate and gains in the poll, but whomever lead pre-debate usually wins the election.

The Romney smirk has gotten old already. No way can we see this for four years.

I'm woefully uneducated on the Medicare debacle apparantly. I got lost during the Big Bird Scandal that erupted in my house.

ETA: I'm so glad emmie mentioned earlier wine in a shotglass. I would be laid out already otherwise. For the record, I'm playing the bingo game as opposed to the one I posted.

Do you think that could hurt Obama? Most pundits said the challenger usually wins the debate and gains in the poll, but whomever lead pre-debate usually wins the election.

No I don't think it'll hurt him. While Romney can follow a script, he's not great when you get him alone. The President also have a fucking full time job... President.. so he's not going to be as prepared as a man who's entire job is to prepare for these type of events. (I apologize if my spelling or wording structure is getting off... the drinking game we ended up playing has really sloshed me already...)

Watching it on Youtube while I work on an assignment.

I loathe smirking pollies. I can't be the only one keen to slap that nasty little smile off Romney's face.

You're not the only one.

I know I should't trust the press, but Dan Savage and other pro-Obama pundits are saying Obama has been terrible. Do you think voters will care about this debate? I now have to hide from my conservative friends :lol:.

Romney's condescending asshat-isness became too much for me to endure so I came downstairs to see what you fine people had to say. Much better company.

I've been packing for my camping trip so we can get going tomorrow morning, but I've seen some of the debate until then.

Romney just claimed that coverage for pre-existing conditions "is available in the free market." WTF? Has he tried to obtain individual insurance with multiple pre-existing conditions? Because I have, and it was not pretty.

Oh, I am playing the Baltimore Sun game with water. Glass #5, for the record.

I'm on the 3rd bottled water, after a bottle of wine in shot glasses. It's barely past 10pm, and I even sent my oldest son to bed. He was playing computer games and was done with his paper anyway, but to be perfectly honest I just wanted to feel like an adult for a few moments.

I may be an adult, but I'm not college age anymore. I'm also cheating and drinking half bottle of water (or a shot, earlier) for the harder squares on bingo. I'm still real happy. Maybe I shoul watch debates with drinking games rather than football games every weekend?

Total side note. I like how the President refers to "ObamaCare". To me, it says screw you dumbasses. That may be the bottle of merlot I consumed quickly.

Catch China "if and when they cheat" (earlier in the debate)? Way to bring up good relations, Mittens. And yeah, grateful, I love how Obama's owning Obamacare.

Romney just claimed that coverage for pre-existing conditions "is available in the free market." WTF? Has he tried to obtain individual insurance with multiple pre-existing conditions? Because I have, and it was not pretty.

Maybe he thinks that 47% of us are to stupid to know that.

Archived