IGNORED

Tonights debate.

Witsec7

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If "trickle down" was on that drinking game I'd be screwed

Romney just said poor kids. Minus 100 points. I could've sworn he was answering a question about the government's role. Perhaps I started smoking too soon?

ETA again (sorry) the eldest is rewriting the last part of his opinion to relect the poor kids statement. And MAJOR points to the Pres for including "many of those who may include U of D" Also, Big Kid just pointed out that Romney wants to grade our schools. He would like to know how that is different than now. Since the No Child left Behind stuff, our schools have grades, for a bit of backgrou nd.

Watching on PBS while following Josh Duggar's tweets. Need to break out the migraine meds.

No I don't think it'll hurt him. While Romney can follow a script, he's not great when you get him alone. The President also have a fucking full time job... President.. so he's not going to be as prepared as a man who's entire job is to prepare for these type of events. (I apologize if my spelling or wording structure is getting off... the drinking game we ended up playing has really sloshed me already...)

QFT.

Mittens just had the balls to say he is in this race because "there are people that are really hurting in this country". Yes, there are and he's just going to crush them.

Here was my quick review of the debate on facebook:

You know what? Romney is really smirky. He's like the smirkiest smirk ever. I don't like him, but Obama sounded like he hadn't prepared, so I'm on the fence about who "won". Also, Mittens threatened to defund PBS even though he likes Big Bird. What's with that? You know, they really didn't have to say "taxes" and "jobs" so much. Does Lehrer ever blink? I've decided I still support Obama, but they have a long way to go to make the debates as entertaining as Palin/Biden in '08. Maybe they should make out next time. That would get ratings.

(In actuality? Mitt Romney is a slimeball, but did better than I expected. I would still go with the Prez, though.)

I think it was a snooze fest. But understandably Obama is probably a bit preoccupied with Turkey firing on Syria. Eh, I think they will both be a bit sharper for the next one.

Mitt still refuses to commit to details. And the details he committed to in the Republican debates have all changed. The whole question is will this debate impact the undecideds? Heck Mitts been campaigning for 4 years.

All I got from that debate is that Romney's so called "plan" is very similar to Obama's but with more sunshine and rainbows.

By the end of the debate, I wanted to chuck my drink at Romney since he couldn't shut up without throwing in his 2 cents.

Ugh. I'm glad I had class for about half of it. Smirky McSmirkerson drove me BSC and I would have won at Bingo; the first word I heard when I turned on the TV was "Solyndra."

Well I worked tonight and then I decided I couldn't sit in the same room as my mom while watching it so I caught some from the next room over but not really enough to get a big picture. I'm sick to death of this election already though, my dad also was hiding from the debates, saying both candidates make him sick, so I don't really mind, I just wish I could have avoided hearing my mom's comments. Here's a well-educated, normally very sensible woman, who is very much a moderate, but has suddenly turned crazy pro-Romney and I really don't know what happened there...

If I didn't have to work 12 hours again tomorrow at a very active job, maybe I would have done the drinking game, it did look fun! And it would have made this far more tolerable, but I'm a lightweight and it would just have been a bad idea.

I definitely agree that Romney's smirk made me want to punch him in the face, ugh. I missed the whole Big Bird thing - I'll have to catch that later, I freaking love Sesame Street (and yes, I am in my 20s!).

I think it was a snooze fest. But understandably Obama is probably a bit preoccupied with Turkey firing on Syria. Eh, I think they will both be a bit sharper for the next one.

Mitt still refuses to commit to details. And the details he committed to in the Republican debates have all changed. The whole question is will this debate impact the undecideds? Heck Mitts been campaigning for 4 years.

It might. Compared to Romney, undecided voters will think Romney came more prepared than Obama. Even when Romney was speaking, if people don't know the facts well enough, would have eaten up Romney's words in a heart beat and start defending him. When he was talking about 50% of college graduates being unemployed (even though that had NOTHING to do with the question that was asked), any undecided college graduate voter would have agreed with him in seconds. What people want right now is change and at this point because the Democrats haven't really "done much", they think that by voting Republican, they'll get that sudden change they've been hoping for. You're right that Romney has not once gone into details with any of his plans. He comes up with these lavish ideas and spews them out without going into details exactly how he's going to execute those ideas. It's kind of like when we were in elementary school when 4th or 5th graders running for class president. They would say "If you elect me, I'll make recess be 30 mins longer" or something, but they wouldn't go into detail on how they were going to do that. However, just saying "making recess longer" gained them voters; they didn't care how it was going to be done but they at least said they were going to do that IF elected. This is exactly how Romney is gaining voters-he's saying a bunch of things Americans want to hear but when asked to go into details about it, he answers around the question without giving a definite response.

Didn't watch. I know who I'm voting for and had free tickets to The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

At this point, I have a hard time believing that there are that many truly undecided voters out there. With even the most basic research, the contrasts between the two are pretty clear. And if such people do exist, I have an even harder time believing they'd have the initiative and attention span to sit through a debate.

It kills me to say this, but Romney won this debate. Obama didn't seem like he was trying very hard at times. Not one word about Romney's 47% crack. Romney's face freaked me out. This is the first time I have sat down to watch him for any extended period of time.

Obama looked a little tired and just kind of off his mark tonight. He wasn't as crisp as I remember him being during his McCain debates. But on substance, he won hands down. Every answer was well thought out (in the moment, not a canned answer) and direct re: the question asked. Romney might have *looked* better, but he didn't answer most questions at all (changed the subject) or outright lied to give what he thought was the desired answer. "I'm going to cut $5 trillion in taxes. No, I won't! Yes, I will! We need great teachers (even though I'm going to cut education)!" Yes, I would have preferred that Obama looked prepared, and rested, but if *that* is his performance when he's tired and unprepared (because he's doing more than just campaigning, here), I'll take it. Much better than the Romney deer-in-the-headlights performance we'd get if that were true -- because let's face it: When you're Prez, you have to make firm decisions when you're tired, on the spur of the moment. And I would also bet that Obama is just going to slay Romney next time.

That was a terrible debate. Both candidates totally running over Lehrer, interrupting each other... Romney's stupid smirk. Ugh. And I agree with those who said the President did not do very well. He's preoccupied, I'm sure, but he did not do vey well.

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349323909.326670.jpg[/attachment]

My FB friends seem to think this was the only worthwhile thing to come out of the debate.

Presentation wise, Obama lost. He was stuttering a lot and he didn't seem collected. Somewhat understandable as he is preoccupied.

But substance wise? Romney lost. He didn't answer, kept on talking over Lehrer, smirked like there was no tomorrow, and dodged all the questions. He just spit out things that the American public wanted to hear.

Presentation wise, Obama lost. He was stuttering a lot and he didn't seem collected. Somewhat understandable as he is preoccupied.

But substance wise? Romney lost. He didn't answer, kept on talking over Lehrer, smirked like there was no tomorrow, and dodged all the questions. He just spit out things that the American public wanted to hear.

This is how I see it as well. I think some folks might be swayed by presentation more than substance, however. :( We'll have to wait for the next two debates and see if Obama doesn't change it up a bit.

What's interesting is Huffpo is claiming Willard won the debate. They also fact checked many of his statements and he won simply by being dishonest and back tracking on some of his previously stated positions.

Now it will be telling if the great undecided vote for Willard based on the fact that his lies went down so easily.

Meh. Romney did seem to be better prepared, but what else does he have to do? Obama still has to run the country. He still has daily security briefings, and all kinds of other stuff. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes, especially with all the turmoil in the Middle East these days?

I was disappointed that Obama didn't address the 47% comment. There's always next time, I guess.

I believe it is Obamo's anniversary today.

Yup, 20 years. Maybe he was thinking about getting laid rather than taking on the Smirk more.

Yup, 20 years. Maybe he was thinking about getting laid rather than taking on the Smirk more.

I think he was a bit preoccupied with Turkey bombing the snot out of Syria.

What's funny is PolitiFact is basically saying Willard won the debate because he lied with credibility. Well that is something American's do want in a president.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought of that. Now I don't feel like such a pervert. (On another note, I found Romney's congratulations rather hilarious, and I'm not being snarky. Cute, Mittens.)

All I could think of was Mitt in his sacred garment. Then I threw up a little in my mouth and counted floor tiles to get my mind off them. :?

Archived