IGNORED

New Kate Gosselin tell all book?

NJMom

Apparently this new tell-all book by Robert Hoffman, who says he's a friend of Jon Gosselin and journalist, has now published "Kate Gosselin : How She Fooled the World". It appears to be available on Amazon Kindle so far, no hard copy yet available. I downloaded the sample and have read some of it . Frankly, I really don't know if this guy is telling the truth or not. Some of it seems to be information everyone has heard before, but other stories he shares were supposedly taken from Kate's personal computer and diary. If it's true, I really feel terribly sad for her kids. I always thought Kate was somewhat mentally unbalanced, but this author states that a relative of Kate told him that she has bipolar disorder and is not taking medication for it. If that part is indeed true, I don't know how she functions on a daily basis. Some parts of it might be exaggerated, such as how much money she and Jon made from the show and speaking engagements, although I don't think Kate has had a job since her show was cancelled over a year ago but still is living in that large house and sending her kids to a private school.

It mentions in the sample that Kate was raised in a Christian home, I believe either Assembly of God or Pentecostal, and also that her father was a pastor.

So, has anyone seen this so far?

I haven't read the book and probably won't because the author is shady, but I don't think he really has anything that new and explosive to add. If you follow the blog Small Town Gosselins and news pieces about her, Kate Gosselin has been abusing her kids since their conception. She abuses then emotional and most probably physically. She and that worthless father of theirs exploited all those children for fame and money. TLC is not clean. Relatives had gone to the media to try and stop the exploitation of those children. These reality shows involving children are going to have to come under better scrutiny and legislation. I love me a good trainwreck as much as the next person, but I draw the line at involving innocents with no say or control.

Kate's lawyers seem to have already gotten the book pulled. It isn't showing up available from Amazon any more.

I, too, have doubts about some of the claims in the book and what little I read of the sample, it was poorly written and had a rather nasty style.

I'm not a fan of the parents exploiting the children and expect that in maybe ten years or possibly less we'll start hearing about the damage they experienced being put on "reality" shows by some of the children including the Gosselins, Duggars, Alana Shannon, etc.

I managed to buy the book before it was pulled. It was horribly put together with a lot of repeating and may spelling errors (it's ALLOWED not ALOUD!!!). Pretty much everything in it is what one would expect of Kate. I'm glad all proceeds from the book go to charity because I feel like at least the $8.88 I paid is going to a good cause.

I'm surprised that it's already been pulled- guess maybe there are legal reasons the book shouldn't have been published? Anyway, for those who did read it...I didn't download the whole thing because I didn't think I could stand to read about how she abused her children, is it really true that Kate kept records of how she punished her kids every single day? And that she kept them in their cribs for 4 hours every afternoon because she wanted a long break from them so she could clean and do laundry? I've read that she had helpers pretty much all along from the time the sextuplets came home from the hospital in addition to the baby nurse the first year. I remember also seeing Nana Janet, a family friend, and another older woman on the show who looked out for the kids and folded Kate's laundry.

Is it also true that Kate had an abortion at age 17, so her fertility issues weren't true after all? She really wanted to get pregnant with high order multiples in order to get rich and famous. I just can't wrap my head around that one.

I'm surprised that it's already been pulled- guess maybe there are legal reasons the book shouldn't have been published? Anyway, for those who did read it...I didn't download the whole thing because I didn't think I could stand to read about how she abused her children, is it really true that Kate kept records of how she punished her kids every single day? And that she kept them in their cribs for 4 hours every afternoon because she wanted a long break from them so she could clean and do laundry? I've read that she had helpers pretty much all along from the time the sextuplets came home from the hospital in addition to the baby nurse the first year. I remember also seeing Nana Janet, a family friend, and another older woman on the show who looked out for the kids and folded Kate's laundry.

Is it also true that Kate had an abortion at age 17, so her fertility issues weren't true after all? She really wanted to get pregnant with high order multiples in order to get rich and famous. I just can't wrap my head around that one.

Bolded 1: This one is definitely true. I spent years on a board dedicated to getting the Gosselin children off the air and this was discussed on the board.

Bolded 2: No way to prove it, but it is thought to be very likely. What is a known fact was that when she conceived the sextuplets, she was actually being hospitalized for ovarian hyperstimulation (a complication of fertility treatment that can be quite severe) and her doctors strongly recommended not trying to conceive on that cycle due to the risk of high order multiples. So she checked herself out of the hospital against doctor's orders and had sex at home, resulting in the sextuplets.

Bolded 1: This one is definitely true. I spent years on a board dedicated to getting the Gosselin children off the air and this was discussed on the board.

Bolded 2: No way to prove it, but it is thought to be very likely. What is a known fact was that when she conceived the sextuplets, she was actually being hospitalized for ovarian hyperstimulation (a complication of fertility treatment that can be quite severe) and her doctors strongly recommended not trying to conceive on that cycle due to the risk of high order multiples. So she checked herself out of the hospital against doctor's orders and had sex at home, resulting in the sextuplets.

She did abuse the kids and it was horrible to read, she was quick to lose control. It seems like spanking with a spoon is her go to discipline. Also, her first fertility doc, the one she used for the twins suggested IVF instead of IUI because she got pregnant so easily with the twins and he was worried about high order multiples. She disagreed and switched docs and again got IUI, knowing the risk of having high order multiples was greater.

What struck me was Kate's faith in God in her diaries. She seemed to think she was God's Speschul Snowflake and that she was entitled to freebies and fancy things because God chose her to have 6 babies at once.

She is a nasty and abusive piece of work, no doubt. I have a lot of faith that she is definitely going to get her comeuppence via one of her kids and a tell all book. It will set the standard for "Mommy Dearest" for decades. I hope TLC somehow gets their comeuppence as well. They have a lot to answer for, putting abused children on TV for people's amusement............

She is a nasty and abusive piece of work, no doubt. I have a lot of faith that she is definitely going to get her comeuppence via one of her kids and a tell all book. It will set the standard for "Mommy Dearest" for decades. I hope TLC somehow gets their comeuppence as well. They have a lot to answer for, putting abused children on TV for people's amusement............

Here, here. And if Maddy should write a tell all, I'd be first in line to buy it :lol:

What struck me was Kate's faith in God in her diaries. She seemed to think she was God's Speschul Snowflake and that she was entitled to freebies and fancy things because God chose her to have 6 babies at once.

Granted, this is only an Internet Diagnosis, so take it with a grain of salt but several professionals and people with family members who have this disorder said her overall behavior is very similar to someone who has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Thinking she's God Speschul Snowflake and her entitlement issues would fit with that.

I'm sorry I did not get to download the book. I followed the Kate board's as well for years and really wanted to read this. Parts are posted as well as discussion on realitytvkids.

This also makes me feel since TLC lawyers are the ones that helped get the book pulled we may not get the Duggar tel all so many want to read anytime soon.

As for the fertility, Kate was obbessed as a teen with multiples especially the McCaughey 7. She even named 2 of her kids after them Joel and Alexis.

I tend to believe the book and almost think it might be written for Jon. It does appear kate had iron clad agreements with everyone she came in contract. Jon couldn't even buy lunch without getting yelled at so I doubt he would ever dare write a book. I think Jon was friendly with this reporter and helped him get information...nothing like taking out the trash with a hard drive in it at the "right" time.

She did abuse the kids and it was horrible to read, she was quick to lose control. It seems like spanking with a spoon is her go to discipline. Also, her first fertility doc, the one she used for the twins suggested IVF instead of IUI because she got pregnant so easily with the twins and he was worried about high order multiples. She disagreed and switched docs and again got IUI, knowing the risk of having high order multiples was greater.

I saw a tabloid story about this, and it included a picture of one of the kids getting out of a car, and in the car door was this wooden spoon sticking out of a storage panel. I think that confirms the wooden spoon beatings theory, otherwise it's a random place to have a spoon (the kids were way older than toddlers, where the spoon might have been a toy taken along for the ride).

Earlier in the show (before they moved to their current estate), there was a scene where Kate came upstairs and found a toy (like a big plastic cube) that wasn't supposed to be there (I guess they had upstairs toys and downstairs toys). She SCREAMED about that toy not being allowed upstairs and then picked it up and hurled it down the stairs. One of the sextuplets started crying that the toy was broken, and Kate replied with something like "Well, it's broken because you took it upstairs". I understand that kind of rage, I get overwhelming angry and kick stuff or throw things... it's one of many reasons I don't, and will never, have kids.

As far as religion, when the show first started, there was frequent mention of their church helping them with donations and volunteers. She talked about dressing her children modestly (I don't think that Kate has met the Kate that was on People's cover in a bikini). Then there was the episode where the boys got bunk beds and were going to get their own room, and the old sextuplet room would be for just the younger girls. As they were gathering the boys things, Kate said something like "take a look around girls, this is the last time you'll share a room with a boy until you're married". In my opinion, that's something a parent says when they want the cameras to see how Christian/conservative they are - 3 year olds just don't care.

I tend to believe the book and almost think it might be written for Jon. It does appear kate had iron clad agreements with everyone she came in contract. Jon couldn't even buy lunch without getting yelled at so I doubt he would ever dare write a book. I think Jon was friendly with this reporter and helped him get information...nothing like taking out the trash with a hard drive in it at the "right" time.

Jon Gosselin is just as guilty as Kate for what happened to those kids. He always struck me as a passive-aggressive little bitch (pardon the expression). He had multiple chances to put the brakes on her while they were still married, and always chose his own comfort and the path of least resistance. The conception of those kids, selling their story, all the exploitation, the mental and physical abuse he allowed- he was the adult and he should have acted like an adult. He probably did feed that reporter information, but at this point all it will do is humiliate Kate a little (and granted that isn't without it's merits), it won't get the kids the help they need.

Jon Gosselin is just as guilty as Kate for what happened to those kids. He always struck me as a passive-aggressive little bitch (pardon the expression). He had multiple chances to put the brakes on her while they were still married, and always chose his own comfort and the path of least resistance. The conception of those kids, selling their story, all the exploitation, the mental and physical abuse he allowed- he was the adult and he should have acted like an adult. He probably did feed that reporter information, but at this point all it will do is humiliate Kate a little (and granted that isn't without it's merits), it won't get the kids the help they need.

Yeah, people love to rag on Kate, but John was just as much a part of that train wreck. He could have said no to the fertility treatments, no to the filming, no to Kate's abuses. He signed the TLC releases too, and benefited just as much as Kate. While there is no excuse for the way Kate treated the kids at times, there were definitely instances where I understood why Kate was yelling at John. It isn't how I handle conflict, but I usually understood why she was upset with him. Kate was over dramatic and hyperbolic, but she was also frequently right.

While Jon is responsible for what happened to the children as well, he was an abused spouse. Kate was verbally and physically abusive towards Jon and I can't hold him more responsible than I would a woman in the same situation (if a woman had a husband who gave her "love taps" similar to what Kate does and verbally put her down all the time (including telling her she couldn't even breath right) and had the kind of temper Kate has displayed, etc)

have there been any new news stories about them at all? Seems like forever since I've heard anything even tabloids seem to of dropped them?

I'm certain it was even documented for the public in the book and on TV specials that they all went in cribs from 11-3? I don't think that was ever anything secret. I'm still not sure why they even had more kids after the twins it was clear neither really really wanted a large family. They even said they were happy with the twins.

have there been any new news stories about them at all? Seems like forever since I've heard anything even tabloids seem to of dropped them?

I'm certain it was even documented for the public in the book and on TV specials that they all went in cribs from 11-3? I don't think that was ever anything secret. I'm still not sure why they even had more kids after the twins it was clear neither really really wanted a large family. They even said they were happy with the twins.

Jon was happy with twins. She wanted "just one more."

Here, here. And if Maddy should write a tell all, I'd be first in line to buy it :lol:

Look for it in 2019 (when the girls turn 18).

Oh godthe KateDebates!!! I can't stand that asshat and would LOVE to have the book! I checked a day too late. I'd love to see her own words about her abuse of those children. I do think Jon was also guilty however it seems that he is a baby-man who signed a NDA and instead of looking into what he *SHOULD* report, he stuck by the NDA. I believe he is a better parent than she is but she lives in the McMansion and so.... she gets the kids.

I, too, will be first in line for Mady's book. I'd even give her a love-offering for it!

FWIW, Jon Gosselin's brother is a coach at a nearby college, and sometimes Jon goes to the small town bar nearby. I know people that work there and have talked to him, according to them he is a broken man. They don't watch the show and only learned he used to be famous when a photo of him and a staffer ended up on TMZ, they just saw a defeated man trying to keep to himself and relax with a beer. I think he got caught up in the Kate whirlwind and by the time he knew what was going on and wanted to stop it and give his kids a childhood, it was too late. Maybe Jon could defeat Kate in a legal battle, but not the combined forces of Kate and TLC.

ETA: worldwind doesn't equal whirlwind. :roll:

God, they're both repulsive. Kate's a high-strung control freak who thinks the world revolves around her, and Jon is the definition of "douchebag." Whoever called him a man-child was spot-on!

I didn't watch the show much; all I remember from the aftermath of the divorce was pictures of Jon partying it up in NYC and Vegas, wearing the tackiest Ed Hardy clothing imaginable. He did strike me as a very passive person, who was cool with his family being on tv as long as he could reap the benefits. It was only when TLC dropped him that he sued and tried to get his kids off tv. That's how it looked to me, but for all I know, maybe he did have an epiphany and realized his ex-wife was trying to wring some more money out of keeping their cute kids on tv.

I did, however, feel bad for Kate when it was exposed that Jon was allegedly cheating on her and I saw comments online saying "Could you blame him, being married to that bitch?" Like that justifies cheating? Ugh. However, I only felt bad for a second, until she started showing up on the Today Show at least once a week to complain about how hard her life was. And then when all the Aunt Jody stuff started up, that really made her look bad. My favorite story was after the sextuplets were born, her church donated extra cribs and she threw a fit because they either didn't match or they didn't go with the nursery decor.

Also, wasn't there a quote from her about how she refused to get a non-tv job because it would mean giving her kids a "mediocre life" and everyone took that as a "eff you middle class" insult?

I get that going back to being "normal" after being on tv for a few years has to be a hard transition. But she, and Jon too, are perfect examples of how fame and money will do irreversible damage. Last I heard, she was working as a blogger for a coupon blog. I guess that's still considered fancy enough for her? It sounded like being on tv was taking its toll on the kids too; I remember someone posting a story on TWoP that people were showing up at the twins' school and yelling insults to them as they showed up for class in the morning. Things like that are why keeping kids on reality shows for so long is so iffy to me. :?

Sorry this got so long; I do think the kids are cute and I feel awful for them that they have to endure Kate as a mother. I am also awaiting a tell-all from one of them!

I think by the time Mady and Cara turn 18 (it'll be in 6 years from October 8), unfortunately, most of the world will have forgotten who Kate Gosselin is/was. Those two would probably be the only ones who actually remember anything involved with the television show,I'm sure the sextuplets won't have much if any recall of those days..weren't they 6 years old when the show ended? Anyway, I imagine that Kate made herself quite a fortune from all of this, probably to the tune of 4-5 million dollars, and it's the reason she doesn't need to work now. I'll bet that she'll use all of the kids' money that was set aside for them from the show though, for their education, clothing, cars in the future, etc...I'd be willing to bet that none of those kids will actually ever see any earnings from the Jon and Kate plus 8 show when all of them turn 18, Kate will have spent it all. She'll probably also at that time arrange for all of them to move out of the house, I can't see the kids all living at home once they're over 18. Maybe some of them will go to live with Jon, but I can see Kate selling the mansion and buying herself some co-op in Manhatten or LA and trying to get herself back on television, and no kids around her at all. I do wonder if it's possible for them to sue TLC , if all of the events that Robert Hoffman recorded were true- the child abuse was never reported and Kate was allowed to get away with it with no repercussions. Even if the cameramen were recording some incidents that showed abuse, my understanding is that they were not required to report it because they weren't doctors or teachers, who are required by law to disclose abuse.

I think by the time Mady and Cara turn 18 (it'll be in 6 years from October 8), unfortunately, most of the world will have forgotten who Kate Gosselin is/was. Those two would probably be the only ones who actually remember anything involved with the television show,I'm sure the sextuplets won't have much if any recall of those days..weren't they 6 years old when the show ended? Anyway, I imagine that Kate made herself quite a fortune from all of this, probably to the tune of 4-5 million dollars, and it's the reason she doesn't need to work now. I'll bet that she'll use all of the kids' money that was set aside for them from the show though, for their education, clothing, cars in the future, etc...I'd be willing to bet that none of those kids will actually ever see any earnings from the Jon and Kate plus 8 show when all of them turn 18, Kate will have spent it all. She'll probably also at that time arrange for all of them to move out of the house, I can't see the kids all living at home once they're over 18. Maybe some of them will go to live with Jon, but I can see Kate selling the mansion and buying herself some co-op in Manhatten or LA and trying to get herself back on television, and no kids around her at all. I do wonder if it's possible for them to sue TLC , if all of the events that Robert Hoffman recorded were true- the child abuse was never reported and Kate was allowed to get away with it with no repercussions. Even if the cameramen were recording some incidents that showed abuse, my understanding is that they were not required to report it because they weren't doctors or teachers, who are required by law to disclose abuse.

I can see them plowing through all the money, if they haven't already. Wasn't Kate saying recently she was broke and that's when the "I don't want to take a job and give my kids a mediocre life" incident happened?

I remember when the show was still on, there was lots of talk on the internet about whether filming the kids was violating child labor laws. Someone on TWoP (on the Duggar thread because I remember the J&K+8 one kept getting shut down) said TLC labels the shows as "documentaries" rather than reality tv shows, so they can pay them less and avoid any child labor violations? There was a discussion about what the laws in PA entailed but I don't remember what it was.

Archived