IGNORED

Masturbation Is Addicting

debrand

If you're looking for recommendations (and some awesome coupons!), check out Bean Fiddler. She's got a ton of sex toy reviews for both women AND men, and goes into detail about a bunch of different parameters. Plus, she links to the best deals online!

I can't speak for partner play with a male-bodied person, but I will say that vibes and dildos are pretty integral for the Fiancee and me. I've personally gotten a lot of use out of the Trojan Triple Pleasure vibe. It gives a decent buzz for one AA battery, is solid without being heavy, the interchangeable tips let you mix silicone and hard plastic, and it's easy to clean with soap and water. (I wouldn't take it in the bath, but a shower is fine!) And it's on sale at Babeland!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

What do people think about those rabbit vibrators? It's ingrained in my brain that they're really great. However, I'm starting to suspect that this is only because they were on TV a lot during my childhood and adolescence.

What do people think about those rabbit vibrators? It's ingrained in my brain that they're really great. However, I'm starting to suspect that this is only because they were on TV a lot during my childhood and adolescence.

I had one and I didn't like it at all.

I had one and I didn't like it at all.

I think they pretty much work really well for some people and not at all for others. If the shape/length of the actual rabbit bit isn't roughly the same as the shape of your lady bits, they become more awkward and uncomfortable than anything.

My biggest issue with the ones like the rabbit is that the makers assume that every woman likes stimulation in the exact same spot. Personally, if anything touches the top or front of my... um... "lady pearl"... I will then jump out of the bed in a hellish amount of pain. Stimulation on the side = WOO HOO!!! Vibrators that have a rubber or silicone covering tend to be too blunt and bulky to go where I want them to go, and the silicone/rubber really dulls the sensation. I find them to be more irritating than anything. Then again, PIV sex is usually really painful for me, so I don't need the extra "padding" to make it useful as a dildo. I found that the best bet for me is to buy a simple vibrator made of some hard material, usually inexpensive and the type that makes one think "Ouch!" if they're considering using it as a dildo as well. They make a lot of different sleeves that can go over them, some just simple "padding", others that are really elaborate designs. If I'm experiencing a rare phase when intercourse isn't painful, I can pull out the sleeves, but then return to the most basic design as needed.

Yeah, years ago my coworkers got into a discussion about sex toys, and one of the women reported that the pearl rabbit vibrator was basically too much stimulation for her and that she preferred a simpler model. Recommendations are good, but it still comes down to knowing your own proclivities well and jumping off from there.

I'm sadly lacking any vibrator of any kind right now, because mine died. But not before ToddlerKay found it and came out of my room holding it like an extension of his nose, making elephant sounds (it was a silver one).

So glad my parents were old-fashioned enough that I never stumbled across anything of theirs that required batteries. Or looked like simulated flesh. They wouldn't have been as quick-witted as a friend of mine who, when her daughter (who might've been 5 or so at the time) came across one of her dildos, replied, "That's, uh, the dog's toy."

My biggest issue with the ones like the rabbit is that the makers assume that every woman likes stimulation in the exact same spot. Personally, if anything touches the top or front of my... um... "lady pearl"... I will then jump out of the bed in a hellish amount of pain. Stimulation on the side = WOO HOO!!! Vibrators that have a rubber or silicone covering tend to be too blunt and bulky to go where I want them to go, and the silicone/rubber really dulls the sensation. I find them to be more irritating than anything. Then again, PIV sex is usually really painful for me, so I don't need the extra "padding" to make it useful as a dildo. I found that the best bet for me is to buy a simple vibrator made of some hard material, usually inexpensive and the type that makes one think "Ouch!" if they're considering using it as a dildo as well. They make a lot of different sleeves that can go over them, some just simple "padding", others that are really elaborate designs. If I'm experiencing a rare phase when intercourse isn't painful, I can pull out the sleeves, but then return to the most basic design as needed.

I know what you mean about the sensitive spot on the clitoris. Starting at my pubic bone, stimulation feels better and better going down, until suddenly there's one really bad spot. Past that that vagina begins and it's good again. I think the sensitive spot is where my urethra opens? It does seem like a weird place for something like that though.

I know what you mean about the sensitive spot on the clitoris. Starting at my pubic bone, stimulation feels better and better going down, until suddenly there's one really bad spot. Past that that vagina begins and it's good again. I think the sensitive spot is where my urethra opens? It does seem like a weird place for something like that though.

This sort of intel is gonna take all the fun of discovery out of the cake orgies in the prayer closet, you know. :lol:

I consider my ability to please myself one of my greatest talents. I have elaborate ongoing fantasies, integrating people I know, historical figures, celebrities and the occasional literary figure in a multitude of scenarios. I feel sorry for the poor fundy girls who will never know the experience of an orgasm. I'll bet dollars to donuts that they are taught nothing about their bodies and their sexuality but for "the boy's wee-wee goes into the girl's yahoo" and I'm sure they all assume that's all that needed for a woman to climax, if they even care about that happening at all.

OMG, I;m not the only one! The only difference is that I leave out people that I know (I have this weird thing about it, I also don't know very many hot people!). But anyway, yes, on going fantasies that have their own story lines, characters, places, time periods, and really amazing clothes!

A bit TMI, but am I the only one who has never really been into self pleasure? I mean it feels nice, but I just never got into it. I just don't do it. I much prefer having hubby around if I am going to have sexxy times. ;)

Not everyone has a husband around.

Maybe it's the head of your clitoris. Mine gets too sensitive to touch at times.

OMG, I;m not the only one! The only difference is that I leave out people that I know (I have this weird thing about it, I also don't know very many hot people!). But anyway, yes, on going fantasies that have their own story lines, characters, places, time periods, and really amazing clothes!

I do that too! Generally with fictional characters, but the fantasies have a lot of backstory and detail, very specific on the clothes and locations. I think the ability to pleasure myself with my own two hands and my imagination is one of the best things I ever learned, and made me know what I liked more when there was someone else around. Glad I'm not the only one with fantasies so elaborate.

I do that too! Generally with fictional characters, but the fantasies have a lot of backstory and detail, very specific on the clothes and locations. I think the ability to pleasure myself with my own two hands and my imagination is one of the best things I ever learned, and made me know what I liked more when there was someone else around. Glad I'm not the only one with fantasies so elaborate.

I love a good fantasy and so does my fiance, we're long distance so phone sex is a go to and it's all about fantasies and role plays etc... We can get really into it and it's a lot of fun.

Maybe it's the head of your clitoris. Mine gets too sensitive to touch at times.

Ditto Minerva. Mine is always too sensitive to touch. If there's any action going on around the urethra, I have to jump up to go pee. :lol:

Yeah, years ago my coworkers got into a discussion about sex toys, and one of the women reported that the pearl rabbit vibrator was basically too much stimulation for her and that she preferred a simpler model. Recommendations are good, but it still comes down to knowing your own proclivities well and jumping off from there.

So glad my parents were old-fashioned enough that I never stumbled across anything of theirs that required batteries. Or looked like simulated flesh. They wouldn't have been as quick-witted as a friend of mine who, when her daughter (who might've been 5 or so at the time) came across one of her dildos, replied, "That's, uh, the dog's toy."

I SWEAR, I keep "toys" put behind drawers, doors, and out of reach. MrKay made the mistake of leaving the bedroom door open, without me realizing it. :oops: I have to admit, I laughed my ass off once I divested ToddlerKay of his "trunk". :lol:

I definitely do this too! Irritatingly, though, I can't get anywhere if the story I have invented for myself has holes in it or isn't believable enough or whatever. I can get completely derailed by "but *WHY* would so-and-so happen to be doing that implausible thing in place X?" I am my own worst enemy sometimes, I swear. :lol:

Not everyone has a husband around.

This, sadly. The future Mr DV is half a country away and self-pleasure keeps me from killing people.

I definitely do this too! Irritatingly, though, I can't get anywhere if the story I have invented for myself has holes in it or isn't believable enough or whatever. I can get completely derailed by "but *WHY* would so-and-so happen to be doing that implausible thing in place X?" I am my own worst enemy sometimes, I swear. :lol:

This! Me, too!

^^^

This.

Even when you do have a hubby around...it is fun going solo...just sayin' :D

The dildo/vibrators don't do much for me; I have to get the vibrators that are just hard plastic. Yeah, I'm hardcore. I'm sadly lacking any vibrator of any kind right now, because mine died. But not before ToddlerKay found it and came out of my room holding it like an extension of his nose, making elephant sounds (it was a silver one).

How on earth did you keep a straight face with that one? I couldn't have!

I love the idea that somewhere out there, there's a lonely, horny, fundie virgin of whatever gender reading this and thinking 'OMFG it's OK to do it! Quick, what can I find? Where to go?'

Do not, however, like the idea of Josh Duggar getting illicit kicks out of it . . .

. . . unless it makes sex better for Anna.

How on earth did you keep a straight face with that one? I couldn't have!

Over my 15+ years of motherhood, I've perfected the "coughing fit". ;)

This! Me, too!

OMG YES! :geek: My favourite is 'stuck on a desert island' with just one other hot random stranger, and the inevitable happens :mrgreen:

I often think I should write for those Mills and Boon / Harlequin Romance series hehehe

Archived