IGNORED

Masturbation Is Addicting

debrand

becomingahopefulromantic.blogspot.com/2011/07/secret-struggle-being-mastered-by-your.html

Have we discussed this article? I am 99% certain that this young lady is over 18 but if she isn't, I will take down this thread. I don't like to snark on kids. But darn, this article is too good to pass up. LOL I can't read profiles because my daughter took an online Japanese class. Somehow, something she downloaded made part of google's profiles come out as Japanese. :? So, I can't be 100% that most bloggers are over 18

She starts with a definition:

I am talking about masturbation. Masturbation is, according to the dictionary, “the stimulation or manipulation of one's own genitals… self-gratification.â€
I can't help imagine some fundamentalist boy or girl to sit up straight and go, "Wait, there is a name for that?"

Your body is your temple to worship God with! When you give into lustful desires and decide to please the intimate desires of your human body yourself, then you disrespect your body, and violate your Holy Temple that is meant to be kept holy and pure for Him. It is like vandalizing a church!

I find the comparison of masturbation to writing on a church to be a little humorous. What about the Sistine Chapel. Michaelangelo's work is considered art. Does that mean that some masturbation is art? What if I am really, really good at masturbation? Maybe I am a Raphael type masturbater and the god will patronize me like the popes did some artists.

2. Masturbation will try to deceive you:

When a person is tempted with the idea of masturbation, a battle takes place. You can’t think clearly—you become focused only on the lustful idea of pleasing your body.

Is masturbation a seperate entity from me? Do other actions have thought, like running or fishing? If I did not masturbate, I would be filled with lust a lot more during the day then those few minutes that I am masturbating.

SSatan starts to deceive you; “It’s okay…go ahead…it’s not like you are doing it with somebody else, you are still technically a virginâ€, “This is natural…there is nothing wrong with doing thisâ€, “No one will ever knowâ€, “It’s better to do it yourself then to drag another person in with youâ€,

Satan sounds like a nice enough fellow but I've never thought any of these things when I masturbate.

By giving into the lust of masturbation, it only makes it stronger—you become addicted:

It only takes one time to become addicted to something, to unleash an evil, lustful hunger that will try to demand you to satisfy it. Perhaps slowly and gradually at first, but sooner rather then later, it becomes a hideous monster that you can’t seem to control. Your body wants more and more of it and you become weaker and weaker to the temptations that you face. Soon, masturbation becomes the master of you.

This poor woman is horny. She needs to get laid now. Seriously, not masturbating won't keep you from thinking about being horny. Some people just have high libidos.

becomingahopefulromantic.blogspot.com/2011/07/secret-struggle-being-mastered-by-your.html

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Masturbation will try to deceive you? HELP I'm being defrauded and deceived by myself!!! :roll:

It robs your future husband....It robs a husband of joy when he can’t please his wife, as that is a huge part of what makes it so special.

Cos its all about the man, isn't it! :?

people masturbate for one of two reasons: to please selfishly please their lustful desires, or to keep from running around, “doing it†with everyone they enter into a relationship with, or even merely someone who offers.

Really? So you're either lust filled or a slut? Good to know!

You’re going to desire the real thing like never before.

Not true, without going into details, just NOT true!

Think of the regret and shame

Try to remember that the moment that you give in, that horrible, unbearable regret and shame will flood your heart and mind. Remember that is bad, it is a sin; remember your conversations with God and remember His words of truth. Remind yourself that it is not worth it.

Riiight, because its totally something to regret and be ashamed of. :x

Sounds like a sanctimonious cow, and I can see nowhere where she actually says who she is, nor how old they are...

udWx9jKVcj8

No idea how to embed.

Edited ..because now I know how to embed. Thank you Notacleverpony!

The use of the phrase "technically a virgin" leads me to believe that I might accidentally lose my virginity when wiping after going to the loo.

:o

The use of the phrase "technically a virgin" leads me to believe that I might accidentally lose my virginity when wiping after going to the loo.

You were asking for it by not wearing your chastity belt.

Have you ever thought about sex? Your hymen might be intact but your brain is a SLUT. :snooty:

Think of Someone Knowing

Think about how you would feel if someone knew, or your future husband knew. Think of your future children knowing, or think of someone who looks up to you or may someday look up to you for overcoming masturbation. Allow the thought of others knowing to motivate you to rid yourself of this addiction, and to move forward, being an example of what God can help you overcome

Actually, I've talked to my kids about sex and told them that everyone masturbates. It isn't wrong but it is a private activity. Granted, I don't want anyone walking in on me while I'm doing it but I am pretty certain that most people realize that masturbation is common and normal.

edited for use of wrong word

To Asma: I am sorry, but as a Christian, I couldn't allow my writing to go along with the Islamic religion and what it says to do, simply because I am not apart of that religion or believe in it. I don't mean that insultingly, I don't want this taken the wrong way or anything! =) I just mean it wouldn't feel right with my writing--coming from my christian viewpoint--to be used to address viewpoints from a different religion, if that makes sense. I'm sorry. I hope this came out right! =)

October 13, 2011 6:26 PM

A muslim asked if she could use the article on her blog and got the above answer.

I wonder if she knows what phone sex is. I'm guessing the idea of not only masturbating but doing it with someone else would blow her mind :twisted:

Question: so to please selfishly their lustful desires, does it mean that when I masturbate, I actually take time from pleasing someone else (who? Please tell me, I ain't finding anyone to please these days ahahahaha!)

This is so hilarious!

I never imagined that having orgasm is desecrating the body sacred temple. Does it happen too when I go to the bathroom? Or when I have my period? Is that desecrating too?

So what if my future husband and I enjoy mutual masturbation? Then it would actually be good to practice for that? Or what if I'm never gonna get married so there's no hypothetical man to rob?

Anyway, masturbating actually makes it much, much easier to have orgasm during sex. You have to know your own body and what works for you. Also, orgasm isn't the only thing sex is about; it feels really really great even if you don't get there. I daresay she's making and idol of the big O.

So what if my future husband and I enjoy mutual masturbation? Then it would actually be good to practice for that? Or what if I'm never gonna get married so there's no hypothetical man to rob?

Anyway, masturbating actually makes it much, much easier to have orgasm during sex. You have to know your own body and what works for you. Also, orgasm isn't the only thing sex is about; it feels really really great even if you don't get there. I daresay she's making and idol of the big O.

Nah, my guess is that she's never HAD one.

Had she had one, she wouldn't think it was evil. :twisted:

A muslim asked if she could use the article on her blog and got the above answer.

Gotta love her use of hate smilies. :evil:

"You're not a Christian, so I can't have you sullying my name since you are going to hell and all. =) Don't take this the wrong way or anything! =)"

Maybe a little masturbation would make the writer less uptight.

It robs your future husband....It robs a husband of joy when he can’t please his wife, as that is a huge part of what makes it so special.

Hmmm, that assumes that your partner really wants and tries to please you. I had a former boyfriend that definitely didn't understand or care about that concept..... ;)

Satan sounds like a nice enough fellow but I've never thought any of these things when I masturbate.

Yes, my thoughts during that time are usually a little more focused on whatever fantasy is going along with the physical aspects.

Cos its all about the man, isn't it!

Of course it is, isn't everything in their world?

Never mind that the idea behind this is pretty ludicrous. Then again, the whole concept of exploring one's sexuality on your own also doesn't exist in their world.

I'm going to be all evil and non-fundie and point out that I have yet to find a guy who doesn't seem to enjoy watching.

Forgive me father for I have sinned with my hand. My hand has caused me to lust after it in unspeakable ways. About the only way to control lust if you can't have sex.

I was told once that if you don't masturbate while you're awake you will in your sleep. I wonder if there's any truth to that.... I tried looking the answer up once but got a bunch of weird stuff in response.

Fundie kids are often deprived of education, books, freedom from fear of being hit, independent thought, etc.

It just breaks my heart to think of them also being forbidden such a lovely, natural part of life.

The only warning I can imagine giving a child about masturbation is "make sure your hands are clean." :D

ilovetchotchkes, she might have had an orgasm (dreaming? giving in to Satan and masturbating in the past?) and been totally freaked out -- lack of control, no matter how pleasurable, often panics people like that.

The whole "once those feelings are unleashed, they run rampant" crap shows the usual Fundie lack of understanding of humans and how they function.

Fundies don't want the wimmins to masturbate because then they'll have orgasms, and when they get married they won't be satisfied with the "wham, bam, thank you ma'm" they get from their husbands. A wife might complain, and that would make him feel like less of a man. We can't have that!

It robs a husband of joy when he can’t please his wife, as that is a huge part of what makes it so special.

What the actual fuck?

A husband should have joy when he can't please his wife? We should not know what an orgasm feels like so that we can't be disappointed when we don't have one? Annnnnd I think I have found the reason why these patriarchal religions focus so intently on extreme purity.

eta: crossed posted with FeministShrew's similarly accurate point.

And, this is the verse she uses to "prove" masturbation is a sin:

Psalm 119:35-37 – “Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. Turn my heart toward your statues and not toward selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.â€

So, her readers have to accept that not masturbating is a command, which it is not (if it was a direct command she would have quoted THAT verse), that it is selfish gain (okay, maybe, but other people gain by me not being a cranky, horny bitch, so there is that), and that it is worthless (maybe by her definition, but not by mine.)

So, like with most circular logic, we have to accept what we've already been spoon fed by her in order to believe the alleged "proof".

Yup. Can't have the menfolk thinking a lowly woman can do something better than they can. Also, with regards to her vandalism analogy, what does that make sex, interior design? Home improvement? But the home is the woman's domain, after all! Fundies are ace at convoluted logic. (Ha, my phone keeps autocorrecting 'fundies' to 'fun dies'.)

How odd. Masturbation makes celibacy reasonably pleasant (er, not that I'd know :whistle:). If celibacy can be tolerated easily then there's going to be less casual sex. Surely a world with reduced casual sex is a desirable thing for these people?

I guess someone didn't read 'Deenie' over the holidays before starting high school.

How odd. Masturbation makes celibacy reasonably pleasant (er, not that I'd know :whistle:). If celibacy can be tolerated easily then there's going to be less casual sex. Surely a world with reduced casual sex is a desirable thing for these people?

I guess someone didn't read 'Deenie' over the holidays before starting high school.

The Devil :evil: had a hand in that logic, didn't s/he?

Archived