IGNORED

Masturbation Is Addicting

debrand

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was told once that if you don't masturbate while you're awake you will in your sleep. I wonder if there's any truth to that.... I tried looking the answer up once but got a bunch of weird stuff in response.

Perhaps it's TMI but I find that if I've not, uh, done it in a while, I'll have arousing dreams. Doesn't have to be anything about having actual sex in the dream with anyone, just getting really really aroused and then, quite frequently, having the O. But if I wake up, I'm not touching myself or doing anything at all, it can be winter and I'm fully clothed in a tracksuit. It's just completely about the brain only. Presumably if I were male, that would be a wet dream - I don't think they need to physically touch themselves in their sleep to start that, either.

Seriously, not masturbating won't keep you from thinking about being horny. Some people just have high libidos.

Or even just average libidos. This person's logic is just 180 degrees wrong, at least in my experience - if I find myself thinking about being horny, the one CURE for it is a quick wank and get it over with!! Purely a physical thing. If I don't, then yeah, my mind will keep wandering and I can't get anything done.

The entire thing reminds me again that the prohibition, like so much else, is never based on not doing harm or not causing bad effects on people, it's about denying pleasure because that's what God wants you to do. You find the similar puritanical attitude about dieting and the like, also - doesn't matter if you're healthy or not, if you've got room to consume or not, you're supposed to deny yourself sweets because that's the "proper" godly thing to do. It's just bizarre. Don't enjoy anything at all, so that you can insist that only thinking about God supposedly makes you feel joy (because you don't know any better!!)

I also find the idea that a husband will supposedly be upset if someone other than himself (i.e. his wife) can please his wife. As women we're not supposed to be able to satisfy ourselves in ANYTHING. We're supposed to prop up the ego of delicate little menz by letting them do everything for us. Well, sorry, that's just effed up.

No idea how to embed.

That is very funny, but it also would be fine if that is how casually accepted masterbation was.

I have said this before - sex-guilt is an age old method used by the clergy to control people.

My father was a sex-obsessed, likely very horny, fundy man. Somehow he heard and believed that masterbation was OK, and he told everybody - all us kids, and lots of my cousins. He is 92 and addled but we still laugh about this at family occasions.

The comments on the blog post are all sad stories of guilt and recrimination about a healthy normal human activity. It's just so sad people allow themselves to be manipulated in this way .

So what if my future husband and I enjoy mutual masturbation? Then it would actually be good to practice for that? Or what if I'm never gonna get married so there's no hypothetical man to rob?

Anyway, masturbating actually makes it much, much easier to have orgasm during sex. You have to know your own body and what works for you. Also, orgasm isn't the only thing sex is about; it feels really really great even if you don't get there. I daresay she's making and idol of the big O.

:text-yeahthat:

Also:

Fundies don't want the wimmins to masturbate because then they'll have orgasms, and when they get married they won't be satisfied with the "wham, bam, thank you ma'm" they get from their husbands. A wife might complain, and that would make him feel like less of a man. We can't have that!

:text-yeahthat:

That is very funny, but it also would be fine if that is how casually accepted masterbation was.

I have said this before - sex-guilt is an age old method used by the clergy to control people.

My father was a sex-obsessed, likely very horny, fundy man. Somehow he heard and believed that masterbation was OK, and he told everybody - all us kids, and lots of my cousins. He is 92 and addled but we still laugh about this at family occasions.

It would be just smashing if it was so casually accepted. No point in saying it should be, not when you read the likes of the title post.

My sister is a teacher she has some very funny stories of wee folks discovering masturbation accidentally while fidgeting in their seats. When the same move becomes repetitive, yup..they got it!

Which really just shows that like most things in life and the human body. It is natural.

My suspicion about fundies and the large families is the laundry factor. When they tell you all the laundry they get through in a day, they are sitting on that washing machine every spin cycle..Yup, guarantee it 8-)

ETA to say YAY notacleverpony...Thanks..now I can embed!

My favorite comment:

I'm not even sure if I what I do is considered this, but it is close enough, and I want to quit. This post is a great help. I need to stop. I need to. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

The comments on the blog post are all sad stories of guilt and recrimination about a healthy normal human activity. It's just so sad people allow themselves to be manipulated in this way .

I think the reason fundie Christians and Mormons are taught that a healthy normal activity is a sin is that one way to better control someone is to control their sexuality. I know I shocked my ex-husband when after walking in on him doing what every normal male does, I told him that what he was doing was perfectly normal and nothing to be ashamed of.

Oh my goodness. Her whole blog is a treasure trove of snark. Too bad she doesn't post anymore. I'm going to waste countless hours here.

Btw, now I am horny. Way to go.

I consider my ability to please myself one of my greatest talents. I have elaborate ongoing fantasies, integrating people I know, historical figures, celebrities and the occasional literary figure in a multitude of scenarios. I feel sorry for the poor fundy girls who will never know the experience of an orgasm. I'll bet dollars to donuts that they are taught nothing about their bodies and their sexuality but for "the boy's wee-wee goes into the girl's yahoo" and I'm sure they all assume that's all that needed for a woman to climax, if they even care about that happening at all.

A friend of mine is a nurse in a nursing home. Sometimes the less than lucid residents will masturbate in public spaces. she said she never thought she'd have to have the talk about how it's okay to do that but please don't do it in the dining room or in the rec room during church services.

It robs your future husband....It robs a husband of joy when he can’t please his wife, as that is a huge part of what makes it so special.

How does masturbating make it harder for a future partner to please you? It doesn't make you lose any sensation - in fact, it makes it easier for you to have an orgasm with a partner because you know what to do mentally in order to get there, know what I mean? You'll also know where your clitoris and g spot are and how to use them, and it's way easier to figure that out solo than to try and have someone else figure it out. I've heard that masturbation can make sex less pleasant for people with penises, but it's the complete opposite for us vagina-havers.

people masturbate for one of two reasons: to please selfishly please their lustful desires, or to keep from running around, “doing it†with everyone they enter into a relationship with, or even merely someone who offers.

I love how when fundies talk about non-fundie-approved sex, they're all like "Rah! Selfish in indulgence in bodily pleasures is evil!" and then when they talk about food they're all like "That dish was delicious! I'm so glad I ate it! I make my family's meals extra tasty! Sodium goes in everything!" Don't get me wrong, it's their business if they want to be anti-sex, but don't give me this crap about pleasures of the flesh and the body being a temple if you don't actually believe in it.

You’re going to desire the real thing like never before. [...] Think of the regret and shame

Try to remember that the moment that you give in, that horrible, unbearable regret and shame will flood your heart and mind. Remember that is bad, it is a sin; remember your conversations with God and remember His words of truth. Remind yourself that it is not worth it.

Ok, regret and shame are not automatic responses to masturbation. It's really obvious that the author masturbates, feels bad about it, and has generalized her particular experiences to the population at large.

It's really obvious that the author masturbates, feels bad about it, and has generalized her particular experiences to the population at large.

That's how I read it, too - someone's speaking from experience, especially that whole spiel about "it only takes one time to become addicted to something, to unleash an evil, lustful hunger that will try to demand you to satisfy it". The whole thing is really pretty sad, actually, and she was so anxious and amped up about it... I got the impression she might spontaneously combust from the combination of shame and repressed sex drive. Perhaps that's why she doesn't blog anymore?

In case you're still unconvinced that you're all degenerates, here's a second opinion, from a Real Man.

It is painful for us to consider that some amongst us may be secret masturbators. Our mothers and grandmothers? Our sisters and daughters? The ladies at work or our friends on Facebook? Such a plague of barbaric genital manipulation is disastrous for our noble ideal of the family. It rips apart that gentle, delicate image we have of all women and goes against everything Jesus Christ taught about the sanctity of human life. Masturbation reduces women to wanton venereal whores, addicted pleasure seekers, and cretins little better than the most perverse sodomites lurking on this earth.

http://christwire.org/2012/03/real-wome ... bject_map={%224247192311427%22%3A10150653353502982%2C%224246921944668%22%3A389306456708}&action_type_map={%224247192311427%22%3A%22og.likes%22%2C%224246921944668%22%3A%22og.likes%22}&action_ref_map

Obligatory Disclaimer: I am no longer able to distinguish Poe from the real thing.

The blog post contains the sentence: "Perhaps you are reading this and know what I’m talking about—perhaps you have thought about pleasing the lustful desire of your body yourself, have masturbated, or are currently masturbating."

Or are currently masturbating?! Does this mean the author has considered the possibility that some unfortunate reader is rubbing one out with one hand while scrolling though her very un-sexy anti-masturbation blog post with the other? That's...kinky. Or slightly disturbing. Or else she's trolling us all.

In case she's not trolling, I'm pretty sure a round of un-godly hormonal birth control would have reduced her unsated lust levels to just above "existent." Sigh.

In case you're still unconvinced that you're all degenerates, here's a second opinion, from a Real Man.

http://christwire.org/2012/03/real-wome ... bject_map={%224247192311427%22%3A10150653353502982%2C%224246921944668%22%3A389306456708}&action_type_map={%224247192311427%22%3A%22og.likes%22%2C%224246921944668%22%3A%22og.likes%22}&action_ref_map

Obligatory Disclaimer: I am no longer able to distinguish Poe from the real thing.

I'm still confused - this is a parody site, yes?

Perhaps it's TMI but I find that if I've not, uh, done it in a while, I'll have arousing dreams. Doesn't have to be anything about having actual sex in the dream with anyone, just getting really really aroused and then, quite frequently, having the O. But if I wake up, I'm not touching myself or doing anything at all, it can be winter and I'm fully clothed in a tracksuit. It's just completely about the brain only. Presumably if I were male, that would be a wet dream - I don't think they need to physically touch themselves in their sleep to start that, either.

Nope, we don't. Especially around the time puberty hits, when spontaneous erections tend to just happen randomly. So any boy of average intelligence figures out pretty quickly that either you take care of business in one way or another on a regular basis, or you're gonna be doing a lot of late-night laundry. I chose Option A, and bingo, no more than one or two unexpected sheet changes in my entire life. 8-)

Of all the things about sexuality that people get hung up about, masturbation is one of the dumber ones because there's kind of an inevitability about it. Animals do it and I'm pretty sure infants unknowingly do it—and if not infants, I can say that younger kids will still stumble across it because, uh, sometimes as a preschooler you just end up accidentally bumping against something and then...just keep doing it for a few minutes. :shifty:

Bottom line: "Everybody bops."

KFq4E9XTueY

Also known as 'OH NOES A WIMMIN ACTUALLY NOT NEEDIN A MANZ? STOOPID HOORS'

But how does this fit in with the whole "women don't have sex drives!!!" I guess this only applies to the "deviant" women. Anyway, I concur with the opinion that if I didn't take care of things then I would think about sex more. Plus it feels good and is relaxing. No harm. And yes, I was brought up in a conservative environment where these things were looked down upon or ignored other than to say "don't do that!!!!". Guess the guilt just never took on this one. I would hardly considered myself "addicted" since it doesn't interfere negatively with my life in any way.

Sorry for any TMI that could have possibly ensued.

How does masturbating make it harder for a future partner to please you? It doesn't make you lose any sensation - in fact, it makes it easier for you to have an orgasm with a partner because you know what to do mentally in order to get there, know what I mean? You'll also know where your clitoris and g spot are and how to use them, and it's way easier to figure that out solo than to try and have someone else figure it out. I've heard that masturbation can make sex less pleasant for people with penises, but it's the complete opposite for us vagina-havers..

The usual argument is that by masturbating, women find OUT that yeah, in fact they have a clitoris and stimulating it is great, and they learn exactly what to do, and then Mr. Husband comes along with plain ol' penis-in-vagina only wham-bam-thank-you-maam without bothering to ask what she wants, and wifey is not satisfied with that because she has learned that in fact there are better things out there. :roll: If she never masturbated, she'd be satisfied and just accept crappy sex, because she wouldn't know better.

This goes along with the argument that clitoral orgasms are supposedly "immature," that as a woman you should work!!! work hard!!! to be able to be satisfied ONLY with penis-in-vagina touching, because that is the "mature" orgasm. This is despite the fact that plenty of women just can't orgasm that way (they want clitoral stimulation in addition to the penetrative sex going on, which non-hung-up couples generally have no problem working out and doing together).

Archived