IGNORED

CarVan 14: The Abeka Boxes Have Started to Arrive

nelliebelle1197

What happens to that dress in a slight breeze? There is no time in my life I could wear something like that out of the house. I'd be too paranoid that you can see straight down vertically, the "straps" would un-tie and/or a breeze would blow that loose light material up up and away!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, postscript said:

She looks like she’s just getting out of the shower wearing a bath towel. I hope it’s better looking from the front. 

It's not. At all.

TYP_9526.thumb.jpg.d1b41b219dcb368ceeb15d1dde0d3edc.jpg

9 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

What happens to that dress in a slight breeze? There is no time in my life I could wear something like that out of the house. I'd be too paranoid that you can see straight down vertically, the "straps" would un-tie and/or a breeze would blow that loose light material up up and away!

Years back, I had a very cute minidress that was fairly loose. I was walking by a bunch of people outside my office building when there was a huge gust of wind and the skirt blew straight up. I pushed it back down and said to the people, "That'll be a dollar, please." AND NO ONE EVEN CRACKED A SMILE. No sense of humor!

Edited by Kiki03910
  • Haha 18

The front looks even worse. It looks like the top edge of a sheet at the bottom of the skirt. Like somebody made a bathing suit cover up from an old sheet and some strings.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

17 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

The front looks even worse. It looks like the top edge of a sheet at the bottom of the skirt. Like somebody made a bathing suit cover up from an old sheet and some strings.

Ikr? I wouldn't even wear it as a bathing suit cover up. The way it hangs is super unflattering.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

or a shower curtain liner!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

The beach trip is of course on YouTube

• Upvote 4

Carlin makes comments about her parents and family doing photoshoots on the beach when she was a kid. I have seen the old beach photos. They were not trotting out hired photographers, etc. to get sunrise pics of a toddler and preschooler. They wore their Michael created dresses and polo shirts while someone (probably a passerby) snapped a photo of them as a pile of people. There was no staging, filters, etc. I'm all for photos of the kids that you have to remember them as they grow older. But the constant photoshoots and performative actions are growing old. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Much like having a kid every year makes each child, individually, less special, scheduling destination photos every 3 months make family memories less endearing. It’s just all too rote; been there, done that.

When  you grow up having nothing, often times as an adult you become over consumptive.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

33 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Much like having a kid every year makes each child, individually, less special, scheduling destination photos every 3 months make family memories less endearing. It’s just all too rote; been there, done that.

I hate photo shoots now (yes, I know some people love them, and Carlin clearly loves modeling) and I would have hated it so much if my parents had dragged me out of bed on vacation each year for sunrise photo shoots + made me dress up and coordinate & smile for holiday pics, baby announcement pics, "I love you day" pics, and photos at every damn family wedding.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I hate photo shoots now (yes, I know some people love them, and Carlin clearly loves modeling) and I would have hated it so much if my parents had dragged me out of bed on vacation each year for sunrise photo shoots + made me dress up and coordinate & smile for holiday pics, baby announcement pics, "I love you day" pics, and photos at every damn family wedding.

It's so exhausting! How about just enjoy an experience? Some of my favorite memories could never be captured by a snapshot. Like last summer -- my sister and brother-in-law and I went out in a small rented boat on the ocean. Before, we'd always stuck to rivers and bays (wait, do I sound like a TLC song?). But there we were, off the coast of Maine. It felt like we were flying. The ocean looked HUGE and I was brimming with exhilaration and dappled with saltwater spray and screaming like a happy fool. You can't take a picture to capture that.

• Love 3

On 6/12/2024 at 11:53 PM, Kiki03910 said:

It's not. At all.

TYP_9526.thumb.jpg.d1b41b219dcb368ceeb15d1dde0d3edc.jpg

Besides the dress being unflattering and ill-fitting, her poses are extremely awkward. I like the setting with the reclaimed wood door and painted floors, but her hand is bent awkwardly and she looks overly posed and uncomfortable, almost like these poses and photos are being done in jest. They need real models, or at minimum a talented experienced photographer who can make a non-model look more natural. Not to mention that it would help to wear non-hideous dresses of course 🤦‍♀️

• I Agree 3

42 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Besides the dress being unflattering and ill-fitting, her poses are extremely awkward. I like the setting with the reclaimed wood door and painted floors, but her hand is bent awkwardly and she looks overly posed and uncomfortable, almost like these poses and photos are being done in jest. They need real models, or at minimum a talented experienced photographer who can make a non-model look more natural. Not to mention that it would help to wear non-hideous dresses of course 🤦‍♀️

I agree with all this, but I think Carlin believes she's a fantastic model lol. And man, every time I see that picture again, I'm struck by just how terrible that dress is!

• Upvote 3

On 6/12/2024 at 7:16 PM, Kiki03910 said:

Screenshot_20240612-031050_Firefox.thumb.jpg.072db7335d7d9666bc9cb9155339f805.jpgThe Bates Sisters Boutique needs a new photographer for their Bounty paper towel dresses.

Oh lord, I thought the pic of the dress I posted was horrid… 

On 6/12/2024 at 10:23 PM, HereticHick said:

Exposed bras make baby Jesus cry, Carlin.

needs to be be a thread count or a title lol 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Oh lord, I thought the pic of the dress I posted was horrid… 

needs to be be a thread count or a title lol 

I agree!

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic