IGNORED

Teen Mom + 16 and Pregnant

DamnPrecious

Society holds the view that teen mom's aren't supposed to pamper themselves. They aren't allowed to do anything without being stigmatized for it. Where an older mother, single or otherwise, can have child free time with friends, work, go to school or stay home, if a teen mom does any of those things she is "not really caring for their child". Teen mom stays home with her kid and she's not being responsible because she's not working to pay for her child, she works or goes to school and leaves her child with family or a sitter and she's letting someone else raise her kid and not being responsible, she decides to do something for herself, without her child, and she's being selfish and immature. Frankly it pisses me off. We hold teen moms to standard that no mother can reach and then call them all sorts of nasty things for failing to meet it.

I totally agree with this! I guess it's the whole 'well you gone and fucked up your life, now you have to pay for it' mentality which... is crap. Yes, you (probably, not in all cases) made a mistake but how many adults don't make mistakes of BIG proportions? Why do we automatically think these girls are above partying a little or going to games, buying nice things, etc? It really bothers me. You can be a good mom and get fake boobies at ANY age.

• 3 months later...

There was an AMA with a cameraman from teen mom. He pretty much said it's very scripted and the producers provoke the teens to fight with their parents/ex/SO

edit: an AMA on reddit

Society holds the view that teen mom's aren't supposed to pamper themselves. They aren't allowed to do anything without being stigmatized for it. Where an older mother, single or otherwise, can have child free time with friends, work, go to school or stay home, if a teen mom does any of those things she is "not really caring for their child". Teen mom stays home with her kid and she's not being responsible because she's not working to pay for her child, she works or goes to school and leaves her child with family or a sitter and she's letting someone else raise her kid and not being responsible, she decides to do something for herself, without her child, and she's being selfish and immature. Frankly it pisses me off. We hold teen moms to standard that no mother can reach and then call them all sorts of nasty things for failing to meet it.

I think single mothers get that too actually, even if they are older. A lot of people seem to criticise them if they dare have a night out by themselves or a hobby.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only thing about the spending sprees that bothers me is that some of the girls have no real job skills and I think are only making money through the show. I hope that they are saving some of that money for the future or to pay for their or their child's education. I would hate to see them all completely broke one day when it could have been avoided.

Nothing wrong with spending money on yourself though they did earn an insane amount of money.

• 2 weeks later...
So what's the score on the latest season? I don't have cable. Who wants to dish?

Also: Jenelle... sigh... girl..

Jenelle: tries to get a job at a day care. Says she's very calm and never yells. Passes her first drug test, gets in a screaming match with her mom, leaves the house, smokes weeds, whines about how she's going to fail her drug test.

Leah: Ali is doing better, she still kinda wants to get back with Corey but he's not having it, they go to Ali's appointment together and barely speak, she has a spiffy new trailer, I can't remember anything else...

Chelsea: still working on her GED, still hooking up with Adam, Adam is useless when it comes to helping with Aubree

Kailyn: jealous Jo is seeing the girl from his music video and sleeping with her in his room next to Isaac's, Isaac is in daycare and got a not so good report-not very interactive with the other babies,

• 2 weeks later...

I watch Teen Mom 2 for the trainwreck that is Jenelle. She has so many epiphanies and every time I think she might finally get it and shape up. Then she does the same shit all over again only worse. I can't stop watching it. I don't give a hoot about the other girls.

Good to see Jenelle isn't disappointing this season. She wants to do jail time so she doesn't have to spend 9 months clean on probation. her lawyer gets her a deal where she only has to serve 14 days instead of 45. Here comes the huge problem - Jenelle has SECOND ROW SEATS to the KE$HA CONCERT!!! And she canNOT miss it. Like, her lawyer doesn't even understand. Ke$ha is her IDOL, she listens to her songs like 30 TIMES A DAY, she has booked HOTEL ROOMS, she got FEATHERS PUT IN HER HAIR and BOUGHT AN OUTFIT. OMG. What should she do?!?!

Well, her ass got thrown in jail for failing another drug test. So I guess when I remember to record the next one I will see if she got to go to her life changing concert.

Jenelle is never going to change. Courtland is going to knock her up, leave her, she'll g back to weed and lose custody of another kid. I hate being a pessimist, but I have no hope for her.

Good to see Jenelle isn't disappointing this season. She wants to do jail time so she doesn't have to spend 9 months clean on probation. her lawyer gets her a deal where she only has to serve 14 days instead of 45. Here comes the huge problem - Jenelle has SECOND ROW SEATS to the KE$HA CONCERT!!! And she canNOT miss it. Like, her lawyer doesn't even understand. Ke$ha is her IDOL, she listens to her songs like 30 TIMES A DAY, she has booked HOTEL ROOMS, she got FEATHERS PUT IN HER HAIR and BOUGHT AN OUTFIT. OMG. What should she do?!?!

Well, her ass got thrown in jail for failing another drug test. So I guess when I remember to record the next one I will see if she got to go to her life changing concert.

That made me feel so bad for Jace. I believe he was with her and he wasn't mentioned. She would be leaving him for 2 weeks and was concerned about a Ke$ha concert :?

I wonder if he is being raised with his mom in more of a sister role and his Grandmother as his mother. So sad.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic