IGNORED

Teen Mom + 16 and Pregnant

DamnPrecious

I don't think shoplifting a pregnancy test equates to being a horrible, shitty mom. Stupid? Yes, but not horrible. Jenelle and Amber are two people who are horrible, shitty egg donors. I refuse to call them mothers.

I had a friend who shoplifted compulsively, she was caught went in front of a judge, straightened everything out. I don't think she was trash (even if I would not have any contact with her anymore unless you threatened me with a gun).

"all criminals" just crack me up. I think some stuff have to be put in a hierarchy. Those grocery cops just enjoy their amount of power and going after someone who's desperate enough to still a pregnancy test...

What if she did not know about the free places? We're talking about a teen mom, who's family is pretty much living in poverty and uneducated... What if she thought that she might be seen at PP?

Clearly a wrong thing to do, but we all make mistake, and to call trash a person for such a small mistake is just wrong to me. And I find it disturbing even more if you're sharing a town with this person. It seems to me more like you are repeating trash talk about a member of your community, building right there real power relations that are disturbing.

The mom and dad who gave up their baby. Awesome kids. Their parents need to go jump off a cliff. Most of the other girls annoy me.

The mom and dad who gave up their baby. Awesome kids. Their parents need to go jump off a cliff. Most of the other girls annoy me.

Are you talking about Catelynn and Tyler? They are awesome. And every time I watch them on TM I want to punch their parents in the throats.

Are you talking about Catelynn and Tyler? They are awesome. And every time I watch them on TM I want to punch their parents in the throats.

Yes. They were really mature about it and I believe they love their daughter a lot and know they couldn't care for her. Are they still together?

I haven't had cable TV in over a year so no more Teen Mom when I'm super board.

Yes. They were really mature about it and I believe they love their daughter a lot and know they couldn't care for her. Are they still together?

I haven't had cable TV in over a year so no more Teen Mom when I'm super board.

I think MTV posts full episodes after they air.

I've been watching the Season 2 eps of Teen Mom 2 as they are posted on mtv.com (no cable here) and there's one thing that's been bothering me. Almost all the girls on the first series have been to a counselor at least once on the show. None of the Teen Mom 2 girls have. I assumed watching the original girls that producers, Dr. Drew, or someone had encouraged them to seek counseling, so my question is why isn't this happening on Teen Mom 2? I know my assumption was probably wrong, or maybe these girls just happen to be more resistant, but I really wish MTV would tell them seek counseling or no more $$. Of course this probably wouldn't happen but I feel like if Jenelle and Kailyn had even one healthy person to talk to it might really help them. Sigh...

Jenelle did go to rehab, IIRC (I didn't watch this last season but I did read it somewhere). But yeah, that's rehab, and she'll probably go back... :?

Apparently on that episode she found out she was bipolar, and while she's on meds it seems she's not doing a very good job of keeping track of them. It means she's getting some sort of counseling, and hopefully she stays in counseling and on her meds.

In the finale special, Leah's mom said that they got Leah counseling after the cheating came out.

I'm not going to say it's too little, too late, but I think it's pretty sad that it takes total crises for these girls to get the attention they need.

I had a friend who shoplifted compulsively, she was caught went in front of a judge, straightened everything out. I don't think she was trash (even if I would not have any contact with her anymore unless you threatened me with a gun).

"all criminals" just crack me up. I think some stuff have to be put in a hierarchy. Those grocery cops just enjoy their amount of power and going after someone who's desperate enough to still a pregnancy test...

What if she did not know about the free places? We're talking about a teen mom, who's family is pretty much living in poverty and uneducated... What if she thought that she might be seen at PP?

Clearly a wrong thing to do, but we all make mistake, and to call trash a person for such a small mistake is just wrong to me. And I find it disturbing even more if you're sharing a town with this person. It seems to me more like you are repeating trash talk about a member of your community, building right there real power relations that are disturbing.

*sigh* There is no Planned Parenthood here. There are 2 clinics that can and will test for free plus the Health Department. The other clinics have billboards all over town. Seeing as how she has already had a baby here, at our only hospital that does deliveries (and was shown on the show) and is raising said baby here, she is taking him there (Health Department) for his shots-it's the ONLY place here that gives babies their shots to Medicaid clients for free. They also can give check ups and would have given this stupid girl a whole grocery sack full of condoms, spermicidal lubes and even BC pills for free if she's have had the sense to ASK. I have a good friend who WORKS THERE.

As to the rest of your babble, 'power relations'? WTF are 'power relations'?

And you're obviously two-faced-how must your thief friend have felt after you abandoned her? Wow. *eyeroll* You're a terrific friend, aren't you?

You know what? I would have dumped her as a friend as soon as i realized she was stealing-not waited for the proverbial shit to hit the fan for her...and i would have told her why, i was dumping her, so what now?

And those 'grocery cops' are paid to detain thieves. All they can do is detain. She's a thief, they detained her, the City Police were called, evidence examined and she was arrested. Should they have just let her go? Maybe it's not her first rodeo-just the 1st where it made the headlines... Ever think of that?

As to the uneducated part, it's her own fault she dropped out of high school. As sad as it is, pregancy is commonplace in high school now. She chose to quit. She chooses to remain uneducated. She chose to put herself (and unfortunately, my hometown) into the spotlight by going on (and being PAID to appear) on MTV. Maybe she should have been more careful with her show money, huh?

As to her being trash, i call it like i see it. She has put herself up for judgement by being on the show-not unlike the Duggars... The target of this whole site. They aren't given a pass for their bullshit, why should this twit get one?

I'm sure there's more stuff I've forgotten to address, plus numerous misspelling and the like, but fuck it...I've been busy all day working, earning money to buy things that my family wants and needs. I guess it would be easier to just steal everything and be forgiven, huh? /sarcasm

In the finale special, Leah's mom said that they got Leah counseling after the cheating came out.

I'm not going to say it's too little, too late, but I think it's pretty sad that it takes total crises for these girls to get the attention they need.

What killed me was Dr. Dipshit trying to strongarm Corey back into that shitty marriage that never should have happened in the first place!

I've been watching the Season 2 eps of Teen Mom 2 as they are posted on mtv.com (no cable here) and there's one thing that's been bothering me. Almost all the girls on the first series have been to a counselor at least once on the show. None of the Teen Mom 2 girls have. I assumed watching the original girls that producers, Dr. Drew, or someone had encouraged them to seek counseling, so my question is why isn't this happening on Teen Mom 2? I know my assumption was probably wrong, or maybe these girls just happen to be more resistant, but I really wish MTV would tell them seek counseling or no more $$. Of course this probably wouldn't happen but I feel like if Jenelle and Kailyn had even one healthy person to talk to it might really help them. Sigh...

Am I the only one who thinks Kailyn needs to be adopted by Barbara? I love Babs, she's the best character on the show. She and Jenelle are oil and water, but Kailyn could benefit from a strong mother figure, especially one like Barbara. She's always there for Jace when Jenelle pulls her crap. She has a wicked sense of humor. She works a steady job to make it. The breakup with Mike, while unfortunate, he had a calming effect on Jenelle, shows Babs can-do attitude " he's livin' witha Hootah's waitress!"

Gotta love her!

*sigh* There is no Planned Parenthood here. There are 2 clinics that can and will test for free plus the Health Department. The other clinics have billboards all over town. Seeing as how she has already had a baby here, at our only hospital that does deliveries (and was shown on the show) and is raising said baby here, she is taking him there (Health Department) for his shots-it's the ONLY place here that gives babies their shots to Medicaid clients for free. They also can give check ups and would have given this stupid girl a whole grocery sack full of condoms, spermicidal lubes and even BC pills for free if she's have had the sense to ASK. I have a good friend who WORKS THERE.

As to the rest of your babble, 'power relations'? WTF are 'power relations'?

And you're obviously two-faced-how must your thief friend have felt after you abandoned her? Wow. *eyeroll* You're a terrific friend, aren't you?

You know what? I would have dumped her as a friend as soon as i realized she was stealing-not waited for the proverbial shit to hit the fan for her...and i would have told her why, i was dumping her, so what now?

And those 'grocery cops' are paid to detain thieves. All they can do is detain. She's a thief, they detained her, the City Police were called, evidence examined and she was arrested. Should they have just let her go? Maybe it's not her first rodeo-just the 1st where it made the headlines... Ever think of that?

As to the uneducated part, it's her own fault she dropped out of high school. As sad as it is, pregancy is commonplace in high school now. She chose to quit. She chooses to remain uneducated. She chose to put herself (and unfortunately, my hometown) into the spotlight by going on (and being PAID to appear) on MTV. Maybe she should have been more careful with her show money, huh?

As to her being trash, i call it like i see it. She has put herself up for judgement by being on the show-not unlike the Duggars... The target of this whole site. They aren't given a pass for their bullshit, why should this twit get one?

I'm sure there's more stuff I've forgotten to address, plus numerous misspelling and the like, but fuck it...I've been busy all day working, earning money to buy things that my family wants and needs. I guess it would be easier to just steal everything and be forgiven, huh? /sarcasm

No I did not abandon her after she stole shit. I actually offered her a place to live until she could go back to her parents. I was nothing but generous when I was even attending school and had no time to spare, I still spared it for her. Her backstabbing came a couple of years later, I think she could not take "owing" me that I helped her, but that's another subject. At the time I offered her support and understanding. I think that's the right way to go.

Here she admitted to not have been thinking straight: http://starcasm.net/archives/146523

Some people just don't know about free alternatives. I've been around those people who are on the border of what you call "trash" and no they don't always know the free opportunities or state support they can get. That's usually why I laugh at people calling all poor people abusers of the system. Getting info is not always that easy.

Obviously we have different ways of thinking, and we can agree to disagree.

I was just addressing the 'all criminals' thing, but my phone ate it. :(

Don't feel like trying to type it up again, as i have a long day ahead of me. Maybe later.

Ok, here goes: i feel negatively toward all criminals. If you commit a crime you are a criminal. Have you ever been attacked by a criminal? I was. I was assaulted by a shoplifter, and no, I wasn't a 'grocery cop'. Interesting that you apply a negative label to a person who holds a job and are offended by a criminal being called trash... But I digress.

I wasn't store security, i was a pharmacy tech before i had our son and chose to stay home with him. The manager confronted the shoplifter and i was merely nearby. He threw a shopping basket, FIRED it at me, as hard as he could throw and took off, it didn't connect and I chased him down. He was hiding under the bridge behind the shopping center by the time the police arrived. Out of breath and puking. Recovered the merchandise, too. He was stealing several boxes of Nyquil. And no, he wasn't sick. They drink it as a booze substitute.

The manager said that was the bravest, most foolhardy thing she'd ever seen and i got a bonus and she begged me to not scare her like that again, lol.

We had lots of shoplifting problems in that location, due to a colony of homeless who were living under various bridges behind that shopping center. Had another criminal throw stuff at me, he actually got away because i was pregnant at that time. It slowed me down i guess, lol. Although the police did pick him up later due to security cams and a good description.

I've been told more than once i've missed my calling and should have gone into law enforcement myself.

Anyway, the article you linked was one i'd already read. She states basically that she couldn't discuss it with her boyfriend (not her baby's dad, btw. Dumping the baby's dad is the 1 thing i'll give her credit for as he's a bad person-she alludes to his 'partying' elsewhere herself, so it's not just me 'spreading trash' as you put it before...)

So if you can't discuss sex with your partner you don't need to be having sex with them-I've said it already and I stand by it.

This is just shitty decision after shitty decision. She's 19 and a mother. Time to grow up!

Oh! And the most stupid part about the whole situation besides having a criminal record now and possibly being away from her sick son? She got her period the morning after she stole the test.

you don't know any grown adult who can't discuss sexual stuff with their partners? I do (unfortunately). There's a difference between should not have sex and is having sex, yeah ideally every woman should be able to talk about sex issues with their partners but many can't and won't. Are they trash or irresponsible? I don't think so.

She was not violent, not everyone who shop lift is violent, and it's disturbing that you bring up examples of violent persons to explain how someone who shoplifted a pregnancy test is a bad criminal trash. I think there is a huge difference between someone who shoplifts (particularly only one item) and someone who uses violence. As far as we know she did not resist arrest.

Maybe she was a week or two late and got her period. That's not bad or irresponsible per se, there's no point waiting for your period to come if you're late and know there's a risk... Maybe she was late, maybe she miscarried in either case it was not stupid to want to do a pregnancy test.

That's the thing, you never know how someone who does things like that is going to react. You just never know.

It was stupid to steal the fucking pregnancy test. Point blank. It's not stupid to want to take one, but don't steal it. Stupid. She is obviously stupid. She's stupid to have stolen it, she's stupid to have not protected herself-afterall she knows what the end result could be.

You know what, she can definitely be 'forgiven' for the 1st pregnancy as she WAS a kid then. This mess she's found herself in? No. She's an adult-the same age as my son, in fact.

And you can't really even blame her parents-look at Catelynn and Tyler. Their parents are even trashier than this lot (from what we've been shown on the show and subsequent articles and follow-ups) they knew they couldn't raise the kid properly with April and Butch around (shudder at the thought) and gave her up. Kudos to them. They KNEW their home lives were shit and are working to change it and they're the same age as the shoplifter.

What's the difference? They learned from their mistake and Whitney has not.

On the plus side: i will no longer have to see her at Walmart as she'll be banned from the store for being a thief. :)

you don't know any grown adult who can't discuss sexual stuff with their partners? I do (unfortunately). There's a difference between should not have sex and is having sex, yeah ideally every woman should be able to talk about sex issues with their partners but many can't and won't. Are they trash or irresponsible? I don't think so.

She was not violent, not everyone who shop lift is violent, and it's disturbing that you bring up examples of violent persons to explain how someone who shoplifted a pregnancy test is a bad criminal trash. I think there is a huge difference between someone who shoplifts (particularly only one item) and someone who uses violence. As far as we know she did not resist arrest.

Maybe she was a week or two late and got her period. That's not bad or irresponsible per se, there's no point waiting for your period to come if you're late and know there's a risk... Maybe she was late, maybe she miscarried in either case it was not stupid to want to do a pregnancy test.

And how do you know it was her 1st offense? It's kind of a given around here that alot of places will just ban a 1st time thief from the store with the return of the merchandise undamaged and a stern police talking-to (or it was when I was working in retail and the pharmacy)

I said it before, guess I'll have to say it again, maybe she had priors. This could have been the 1st to make the news. Her Mom's meth bust made the news, too.

Am I the only one who thinks Kailyn needs to be adopted by Barbara? I love Babs, she's the best character on the show. She and Jenelle are oil and water, but Kailyn could benefit from a strong mother figure, especially one like Barbara. She's always there for Jace when Jenelle pulls her crap. She has a wicked sense of humor. She works a steady job to make it. The breakup with Mike, while unfortunate, he had a calming effect on Jenelle, shows Babs can-do attitude " he's livin' witha Hootah's waitress!"

Gotta love her!

I actually want Barbara to be let loose on Chelsea. Perhaps Barbara could get her lazy butt in gear instead of Randy coddling her.

• 1 month later...

I do not understand the Barb parenting love. Who do you think raised Jenelle in the first place? Barb is entertaining but she's not a good mother.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic