IGNORED

Teen Mom + 16 and Pregnant

DamnPrecious

Someone showed me this: http://teenmomtalk.com/leah-messer-has- ... pointment/ This says it isn't twins. I'm kind of creeped out by it, though; I really don't need to know what's going on in someone else's uterus.

Yea I read that as well. I think the twins are just mere speculation at this point. I mean - she did just go and have her first ultrasound so how would anyone know before then anyway?

Poor Jace. I will never understand why Jenelle chose to have and keep that baby. I think she only did it to spite her mother.

I think what's going on with Jenelle is both her fault and her mother's. Barbara doesn't ever deal with Jenelle except by screaming at her nearly constantly- fuck, anyone would turn out like Jenelle in that situation. I think Jenelle really did want to keep Jace, but she can't do anything right in Barbara's eyes, so she just gave up. I know a lot of people like Jenelle, unfortunately. :(

This doesn't excuse Jenelle's behavior at all, especially the assaults and the recent harassment charges. But I think Barbara being a total bitch led to Jenelle giving up. Jenelle did try to clean up her act for Jace, but Barbara still wasn't happy. She flipped out on Jenelle for taking Jace to the fucking grocery store. What the hell was Jenelle supposed to do, exactly? Leave Jace at home to get something that was badly needed? Wait around for Barbara to get off work and then go pick it up? Holy shit. I hate Barbara more than I can hate Jenelle. I just feel bad for Jenelle, especially considering that Jenelle's siblings have basically the same relationship with Barbara.

I can't understand why a 19/20 year old divorcee with twins, one twin w/ special needs, would get knocked up again!! Dumbass of the Century indeed. Birth control people!!!

Guest Anonymous

I have a hard time watching this show. Chelsea is a waste of space, living off daddy with no career prospects. I wish Janelle would put as much effort into getting her life together for her and her son as she does in running around after Kieffer. I read today that Leah is pregnant with twins too but I will believe it when I see it. The only girl I see that would make the most out of her situation is Kailyn. She is at least working and going to school to better herself. As far as family goes, she has the least support.

I have a hard time watching this show. Chelsea is a waste of space, living off daddy with no career prospects. I wish Janelle would put as much effort into getting her life together for her and her son as she does in running around after Kieffer. I read today that Leah is pregnant with twins too but I will believe it when I see it. The only girl I see that would make the most out of her situation is Kailyn. She is at least working and going to school to better herself. As far as family goes, she has the least support.

OH! But didn't you see! She is going to try and help out with utilities because daddy just plunked down 800/month for a town house so she does not have to walk up and down stairs. The mechanics of carrying the groceries in with Aubrey was mind boggling for her. I semi-like her because she is the most hands on mom - but she is as useless as they come! She was been working on getting her GED for 2 years now? The only things she does is text, fight with Adam and dress Aubrey up like a leopard........

Her dad needs to stop babying her!

I can't understand why a 19/20 year old divorcee with twins, one twin w/ special needs, would get knocked up again!! Dumbass of the Century indeed. Birth control people!!!

She'd had Mirena since the twins were born, but it failed. She had to get it taken out after she found out she was pregnant and there was concern it would hurt the baby, but it didn't.

I'd been wanting Mirena, but that makes me want it less!

I think what's going on with Jenelle is both her fault and her mother's. Barbara doesn't ever deal with Jenelle except by screaming at her nearly constantly- fuck, anyone would turn out like Jenelle in that situation. I think Jenelle really did want to keep Jace, but she can't do anything right in Barbara's eyes, so she just gave up. I know a lot of people like Jenelle, unfortunately.

This doesn't excuse Jenelle's behavior at all, especially the assaults and the recent harassment charges. But I think Barbara being a total bitch led to Jenelle giving up. Jenelle did try to clean up her act for Jace, but Barbara still wasn't happy. She flipped out on Jenelle for taking Jace to the fucking grocery store. What the hell was Jenelle supposed to do, exactly? Leave Jace at home to get something that was badly needed? Wait around for Barbara to get off work and then go pick it up? Holy shit. I hate Barbara more than I can hate Jenelle. I just feel bad for Jenelle, especially considering that Jenelle's siblings have basically the same relationship with Barbara.

I don't like Barbara either, but I don't believe that Jenelle wanted to keep Jace. Barbara didn't want her to have the baby, so I think she decided to keep him just to spite her mother. Their relationship is that toxic. If someone else had suggested abortion or adoption, I think Jenelle would have at least considered it. I really don't think the girl has a maternal bone in her body. Right from their very first interaction in the hospital and throughout his early infancy, she didn't show interest in parenting. Barbara gave her so many chances, but Jenelle kept ignoring him and/or screwing up. Now that he's a toddler, she shows more interest (if she's in the mood) but is obviously unwilling to dedicate herself to trying to become Jace's full-time caregiver, as evidenced by her involvement with Kieffer and her neglect of her schoolwork. If she didn't have the toxic relationship with Barbara, I don't know that things would be much different.

Guest Anonymous

I took a peek at some of the comments on that facebook page about the smoking while pregnant. One girl was actually defending Leah's smoking saying she smoked all through her pregancy and gave birth to a big healthy baby blah blah blah..another one said she smoked all through BOTH her pregnancies and it's no big deal. This scares me.

I took a peek at some of the comments on that facebook page about the smoking while pregnant. One girl was actually defending Leah's smoking saying she smoked all through her pregancy and gave birth to a big healthy baby blah blah blah..another one said she smoked all through BOTH her pregnancies and it's no big deal. This scares me.

It scares me too. It seems the only evidence people have FOR smoking while pregnant is anecdotal. "I did and I'm totally fine!" Bull. shit.

Combine these asshats with the natural instinct of parents to (want to) believe their kid is perfectly OK, and you have people who quite simply should not be parents.

People can be so judgmental about smoking. It's obviously terrible for you, but it's hard to quit and if she's addicted then it can actually be better for the fetus for her to keep smoking and quit gradually. Quitting is important, though; I'm not saying it's okay to just keep on smoking throughout the entire pregnancy

People can be so judgmental about smoking. It's obviously terrible for you, but it's hard to quit and if she's addicted then it can actually be better for the fetus for her to keep smoking and quit gradually. Quitting is important, though; I'm not saying it's okay to just keep on smoking throughout the entire pregnancy

a slightly off topic aside -

When my mom was pregnant with me she smoked a pack a day. The doctors told her that if she did not quit, I would be born underweight and probably with problems. She never quit. She said she tried but she got so miserably sick and couldn't eat that she figured if she ate healthy and exercised it would even out. She cut back a lot but still. I was 9 lbs 6 oz at birth ('82) and she quit smoking shortly after. My sister was born 6 years later and mom was a non-smoker. 6 pounds 4 oz.

My mom said she is glad she did not totally quit with me or I would have been 12 pounds!

=D

Quitting is hard enough cold turkey and not pregnant. I couldn't imagine trying it pregnant.......

my .002 cents

It scares me too. It seems the only evidence people have FOR smoking while pregnant is anecdotal. "I did and I'm totally fine!" Bull. shit.

Combine these asshats with the natural instinct of parents to (want to) believe their kid is perfectly OK, and you have people who quite simply should not be parents.

my mom smoked (less than a pack a day) and had coffee 4 times a day all through her pregnancy. I came out at a normal weight and don't have lingering mental retardation or small size (I'm 5'7'') it's not BS. We're talking about risks. And they rise with the number of case your study. Totally buy that this girl had two kids and they were all fine when they were born.

I think it's sad for Leah to be already pregnant with another guy. But when you compare it to Chelsea... Leah finished high school (or got her GED) and has a full time job. Some of them make it with much less Chelsea! And you know when you have something like a GED to get, you put your kid in childcare for a couple days a week to find time to focus on important projects. It will be good for her to socialize with other kids...

My mom cut back from 1 1/2 packs a day to 1 cigarette a day while pregnant with all three of us. She had pregnancy complications, but I don't think it was related, because we all came out perfectly fine and healthy. She says she smoked one cigarette a day and took a few sips of my father's coffee in the morning. She claimed that not only did it satisfy her cravings, but it also helped her to have bowel movements (this happens to me as well).

I'm not saying it's healthy, or moms shouldn't quit smoking. It's hard to judge on one habit.

• 2 weeks later...

I am really obsessed with this show for some reason. Watching it ups my empathy quotient significantly. I just want to hug Jenelle and bring her to live with me. Kailyn as well. Those poor girls have no one. Teenagers, even 19/20 year olds deserve some form of safe place to make mistakes.

Well, if you really wanna feel sickened by Leah, 'like' her Facebook fan page.

I think she deleted it. She was getting soooooooo much heat from her "fans" about the cheating scandal that it is closed or just gone. I know that Corey supposedly cheated and they hyped it up so much all flippin' spring - I want to know what the FB messages said that she found. Stupid TM and their editing.

BTW - am I the only one that was happy when Jo spent the night at Kail's?! I know they are not together now - but I really like them as a couple. He is not a total douche like the others. He can't rap......but still less of a douche the crab-ass Corey or Adam!

That's Jo, but I don't think he's a douche. I think he reacted to being a teen dad in a pretty normal (albeit unfortunate) way, and I also think that he reacted inappropriately a few times in arguments with Kailyn, but overall he seems like an okay guy who loves Isaac and has a good family support system. I'm not sure if he and Kail make a good couple but if they can be friendly and do family things together with Isaac, that can only be good.

No one could deny he and his family love Issac.

Leah and her friends who run the fan page shut it down for a while to avoid the heat. I can't understand how she thought she'd look when this all came to light, did she assume everyone would think it was ok because Corey wouldn't fuck her FOR A WHOLE WEEK (when he had a horrible head cold/snot nose, YUK) then she was clear to go hop onto the nearest dick?

Um, no.

And now I officially hate myself because I swore off this show 2 weeks ago... But watched the Very Special Slut episode.

We just got netflicks as a gift from my BIL and I never saw season 1 of teen mom 1. So I'm hooked on that and it's amazing to see the changes in the girls. Farrah has changed so much for the better while Amber has gone so far downhill. Not that she was mother of the year (except by Duggar standards) but she seemed to care somewhat.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic