IGNORED

The Bates(es?) have a big announcement...

singsingsing

Did you check out the rules dealing with employment? You might as well have NO JOB stated, especially if you are a woman. I looked at the Valentines pics, but there were none of Princess Erin. She's also not on the Women's Volleyball roster; big surprise.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found the whole demerit system scary.

Talked to a member of the opposite sex = 10 demerits.

"Lingered" around campus buildings = 15 demerits

Made a phone call after 9 pm = 20 demerits

Cut my hair to look masculine, sat next to a black person = kicked out

I particularly enjoyed the clause that hairstyles must not be 'gaudy' in appearance. Bouffant curls that appear to be Godzilla-sized as favoured by many fundies clearly must be understated. I dread to think what The Crown College definition of 'gaudy' is.

Where do they get jobs? Most students I know work in restaurants, but these folks can't work at night, where booze is served, and the women can't work at malls or in fast-food, and nobody can work on Sunday or on Wednesday nights, so what's left? I guess they are domestic employees of church members.

I found the whole demerit system scary.

Talked to a member of the opposite sex = 10 demerits.

"Lingered" around campus buildings = 15 demerits

Made a phone call after 9 pm = 20 demerits

Cut my hair to look masculine, sat next to a black person = kicked out

Doesn't the number of demerits seem a bit excessive?? I was homeschooled so I didn't have to worry about demerits, but now I work in education and I've never heard of more than 3 demerits being given at once. Are the teachers here being lenient, or are these crazies naturally taking everything to extremes?

Of course they're taking it to extremes with what they punish you for. That is ridiculous.

If Princess Erin's ridiculously frou-frou hairdos aren't gaudy, I don't know what is.

Also, they should name the next "blessing" Makena.

Holy crap.

It would have been a lot easier for them to just sum about half of that manual as "NO DATING. Plus maybe a "No talking to a person of the opposite sex if you are different colors, if you mess up and ask them how their weekend was, well then... you can never talk to them again"

But really, there is no room for dating for anyone. My favorite was "Students will not go to a movie theater."

Bananas!

Them and Pensacola College win the palm for being the most boring colleges in the US!!

What a bunch of insane rules! :doh: I saved them on my PC for posterity.

I particularly enjoyed the clause that hairstyles must not be 'gaudy' in appearance. Bouffant curls that appear to be Godzilla-sized as favoured by many fundies clearly must be understated. I dread to think what The Crown College definition of 'gaudy' is.

Green hair! Gil already enlightened us on that one!

Them and Pensacola College win the palm for being the most boring colleges in the US!!

What a bunch of insane rules! :doh: I saved them on my PC for posterity.

Archived