IGNORED

The Bates(es?) have a big announcement...

singsingsing

...on their show on Monday September 3rd. Just caught the episode description on DWOP:

When you have a family of 21, what's a few more houseguests added to the mix? The Bates get a visit from their friends the Paines who are a family of 12. Later, we get a lesson on dating, and the family has one very big announcement to share.

One of them can't possibly be engaged already (and surely they've learned their lesson about announcing courtships)? It must be #20. :shock:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is either the Paines are the one with the announcement or, since the announcement comes after the "lesson on dating," it was to announce the courthship had broken up.

Please be #20, just to see Michelles reaction...

gah, I hope it's triplets!

Edit: They have 3 sons old enough to get married: Chad, 25; Thomas, 23 (he's HOT!); and Nate 22 (cute)...so who knows. Michael(a) or Erin could be getting married. I don't know how old any of the girls are.

Yeah, I just checked out the Paine family and they seem to have quite a few kids of 'marrying age'. So maybe it really is an engagement. The Paine boys aren't bad looking, either. It would probably be one of them and Erin, but how fantastic if it was Michael(a) instead?

I hope it's not a pregnancy, for so many reasons I don't even know where to start.

It would be hilarious though if TLC announced the Sarah Reith courtship in one show, only to announce the end of it in a later show. Most of the public has no idea about the whole thing. I suspect it's a courtship or engagement though, and it won't be Michael. I don't see Erin as that willing to get married young unless she brought Michael along to do all the dirty work, but this is a Patriarchal family and if Gil wanted Erin to get married, Erin would get married.

Yeah, I just checked out the Paine family and they seem to have quite a few kids of 'marrying age'. So maybe it really is an engagement. The Paine boys aren't bad looking, either. It would probably be one of them and Erin, but how fantastic if it was Michael(a) instead?

I would love Thomas for M (just on appearances)...just because he is damn hot! Nate looks like the type of guy who would be into a girl like Erin.

I wish that I could find the ages of the oldest girls (I'm a bit of a fan of fundie match making!).

I would love Thomas for M (just on appearances)...just because he is damn hot! Nate looks like the type of guy who would be into a girl like Erin.

I wish that I could find the ages of the oldest girls (I'm a bit of a fan of fundie match making!).

I updated the Wiki page with them all the other week but it looks like someone's changed it (stupid Wikipedia).

Michael(a) is 22, Erin is 21 and the next oldest girl is Alyssa at 17 (18 in November).

I updated the Wiki page with them all the other week but it looks like someone's changed it (stupid Wikipedia).

Michael(a) is 22, Erin is 21 and the next oldest girl is Alyssa at 17 (18 in November).

Sorry, I meant the Paine girls to see who could match up with Bates boys.

I think the oldest Paine girl just turned 18. That's pretty young even by fundie standards, but you never know. If I had to bet, I'd say it's one of the Paine boys and probably Erin. IF it's an engagement. I'm still not convinced it's not #20 (or #20 & #21 :? ) Edit: Or it's the Duggars' old bait & switch routine - "Our big announcement is . . . the neighbours' cat just had kittens!!"

gah, I hope it's triplets!

The only good thing about a pregnancy would be Michelles reaction. That's not a very goog reason to let a child suffer for 20 years in that family.

I think they don't learn from their mistakes at all. I think it will be an other courtship.

A part of me is hoping that it is baby #20 announcement. I love the thought of Michelle fuming.

As much as I would love to see the forced smile that I would hope the cameras caught when it was announced, for the life of me, I can't bring myself to wish their lifestyle on another human. Not to mention, it would be another mouth for Lawson to feed.

I doubt the would announce a new courtship since Zak ended. If it is part of of the episode then I think it will be Zac's courtship ending. The family website has been quiet since the show started but Kelly did talk about the end of the courtship. Would she be able to talk about something TLC taped??

Is Sept 3 the season finale(there were only 6 or 8 episodes?) If it is the season finale I guess pregnancy and they get another special/season. I just hope that if it is pregnancy Kelly is far enough along that it is not another Jubilee situation.

Sorry, I meant the Paine girls to see who could match up with Bates boys.

Tabitha is 26, Hannah is 19 and Abigail just turned 18. The youngest girl, Brielle is 16.

As for the boys, Chad is 26 (Tabitha's twin brother), Thomas is around 24, Nathaniel is 22, Josiah is 14, Daniel is 12 and the youngest, Johnny, is 10.

I read through their entire blog a few months ago, so that's how I got all this information.

It's possible they'll talk about the end of Zach's courtship, but I seriously doubt they'd be pimping it as a 'big announcement'. I honestly do think that Kelly learned from her mistake last time, because she said Anna Duggar warned her not to announce the courtship before an engagement happened, but by then it was too late. If it's actually something, it's got to be an engagement or pregnancy.

Tabitha is 26, Hannah is 19 and Abigail just turned 18. The youngest girl, Brielle is 16.

As for the boys, Chad is 26 (Tabitha's twin brother), Thomas is around 24, Nathaniel is 22, Josiah is 14, Daniel is 12 and the youngest, Johnny, is 10.

I read through their entire blog a few months ago, so that's how I got all this information.

Thanks! Their "meet the family" section didn't have the girls ages listed....so now I'm hoping it's Lawson and Hannah! Suck it Gil, feed your own family!

It's possible they'll talk about the end of Zach's courtship, but I seriously doubt they'd be pimping it as a 'big announcement'. I honestly do think that Kelly learned from her mistake last time, because she said Anna Duggar warned her not to announce the courtship before an engagement happened, but by then it was too late. If it's actually something, it's got to be an engagement or pregnancy.

The way the show is structured, it's definitely a "mistakes we made while courting" LESSON. Courtship ended. Finis.

Hm, Does it look like Jessa and Jim Bob in the 4th of July volleyball pics to anyone else?. Too bad the resulotion is so low. Was the entire Duggar family present on their 4th?

Edit for update: I opened the slightly larger image, still looks like them. I know a lot of fundie girls look a like, but Jim Bob is more distintive. Opinions?

http://12paines.com/files/2012/07/IMG_0148.jpg

The way the show is structured, it's definitely a "mistakes we made while courting" LESSON. Courtship ended. Finis.

It just seems strange to me that they would say, "And now, we've got a big announcement! Zach's courtship is over, Sarah broke it off!" "Big announcement" usually implies something positive, but I guess we'll see.

Hm, Does it look like Jessa and Jim Bob in the 4th of July volleyball pics to anyone else?. Too bad the resulotion is so low. Was the entire Duggar family present on their 4th?

Whoa, you're right - some of the Duggars were definitely there. Where did this all go down? At the Paines', at the Bateses', somewhere else?

It's got to be #20. Poor kid. The timing's right. I fully expect them to get to 22 before her fertility wanes.

Whoa, you're right - some of the Duggars were definitely there. Where did this all go down? At the Paines', at the Bateses', somewhere else?

Really not a clue, but it is a private home with that garage, doesn't look like the Duggars, or Bates. Only fundies homes I'd recognize.

12paines.com/files/2012/07/2012-07-04_18-35-55_850.jpg

^ Pretty sure the guy in the red shirt is Josh. Yiiiikes.

12paines.com/files/2012/07/IMG_0148.jpg

^ Jim Bob in the middle wearing the striped blue shirt, pretty sure Jessa is to the far left wearing the striped shirt and blue jean skirt, and whoever the Duggar boy with the coonskin cap is. I think I spot some other Duggars, too, but can't be certain.

The fundies do seem to be having a lot of big soirees lately.

Archived