IGNORED

The Bates(es?) have a big announcement...

singsingsing

Wasn't Gil gathering both families to tell them about the train trip and white water rafting the big announcement? We just expected more? After watching, I really believe that was the only announcement they intended. Lame.

I agree; that was almost certainly the planned "big announcement". The description was a consequence of ratings desperation.

Nothing to see here folks, aside some silly girls and women wearing skirts on the rapids.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing to see here folks, aside some silly girls and women wearing skirts on the rapids.

And of course we got the "our girls can do ANYTHING in skirts! yeah!" speech again. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD do it. Living in Colorado I've gone rafting many many times (as well as having hiked in the vicinity of where the Maxwells went) and the cardinal rule around here for any activity is preparation. Wear the proper clothing, bring appropriate gear, lots of water, high calorie snacks, ect.. I'm surprised the rafting company even let those girls get in the water with skirts on, I can't imagine falling off in a rapid with a heavy wet denim skirt on.

Some of the Paine boys are pretty cute....

I thought Paine Boy #2 was the cutest one. Thomas Paine.

Thomas-Paine-200x300.jpg

But I think the one they were implying was interested in Erin was the older one.

No courtship in sight, though. Just hints of future visits that ain't gonna do jack to rescue that boring show.

I vote miscarriage.

Possible, but that post to Erin on the blog sticks out like a sore thumb. It was the closest thing to fundie romance writing I've ever seen. I just can't believe Kelly didn't admonish him to keep that shit private, but since it can be interpreted as "your music ministry is a joy....blah, blah, blah..." I guess she felt she could safely publish it.

I definitely think they were going to announce a courtship, but decided against it after what happened with Zack and Sarah.

And of course we got the "our girls can do ANYTHING in skirts! yeah!" speech again. Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD do it. Living in Colorado I've gone rafting many many times (as well as having hiked in the vicinity of where the Maxwells went) and the cardinal rule around here for any activity is preparation. Wear the proper clothing, bring appropriate gear, lots of water, high calorie snacks, ect.. I'm surprised the rafting company even let those girls get in the water with skirts on, I can't imagine falling off in a rapid with a heavy wet denim skirt on.

I know here in Boregonia river guides are very specific as to what you can and should wear. They especially don't want anything that can get fouled if you should land in the water.

I definitely think they were going to announce a courtship, but decided against it after what happened with Zack and Sarah.

I think so too. The Bates were open about their last miscarriage, so even if they weren't going to make a huge political statement out of it like the Duggars did, I'm sure they'd have acknowledged it on their blog, or maybe even aired the pregnancy announcement and then included a little note at the end of the episode telling viewers that Kelly lost the pregnancy between that episode and the next.

I remember when Kelly lost the one that was the 4am roadside pregnancy test. Oh, they announced it and named it. The only difference is that they didn't have such a big platform. By then, they were just getting entrenched in ATI shit. I wouldn't be surprised if Gothard "exhorted" Gil to start a blog once they got a semi-regular gig on the Duggars' show.

At least she admits to progesterone. Will Mullet do the same? It's been 9 months since the miscarriage, and the recent evidence shows she's not knocked up. Her clothes are as fitted as is appropriate for someone of her ilk.

Do you think they will ever try for adoption? They could fill a whole season or two going through the process...I don't know what their general opinion about adoption is, but I remember reading something where Michelle said that she was praying about it. I think the interview was already a couple of years old though.

Ok, I watched it on the 2nd airing last night. No announcement.

And no sign of the skinny-ass horses. Hate to beat a dead horse (pun intended) but if they were rescues, the public needs to SEE THEM NOW.

When I take in a rescue animal, I take pics of how it arrives. I take pics of how it progresses. And I take pics of how it looks when it's rehomed or how it looks now (in the case of the ones I plain old keep). I also keep up with my rescues by staying in contact with the new owners and I have a take-back policy: if the new owner can't keep it I will take it back, either temporarily or forever, whichever works best for the owner.

That little tidbit is how I wound up with one of my lifers here, KoKo.

I know those horses look horrible now. I know people just like The Bates family. They live all around me, hicky, stupid hillbillies...and their horses look like shit, too. They feed the cheapest sweet feed and the crappiest hay (when they even feed hay) they can find.

I know you or someone close to you lurks, Kelly. Show us the horses, you phony ass stupid BITCH!

I had a feeling there wasn't going to be a big announcement. I'm guessing their "announcement" was them getting chickens but that's it. They're already following the Duggars so if there was a pregnancy or engagement announcement, they would have notified the Today Show.

As for the season finale-boring to the extreme. I call this season to be the last.

And no sign of the skinny-ass horses. Hate to beat a dead horse (pun intended) but if they were rescues, the public needs to SEE THEM NOW.

When I take in a rescue animal, I take pics of how it arrives. I take pics of how it progresses. And I take pics of how it looks when it's rehomed or how it looks now (in the case of the ones I plain old keep). I also keep up with my rescues by staying in contact with the new owners and I have a take-back policy: if the new owner can't keep it I will take it back, either temporarily or forever, whichever works best for the owner.

I know those horses look horrible now. I know people just like The Bates family. They live all around me, hicky, stupid hillbillies...and their horses look like shit, too. They feed the cheapest sweet feed and the crappiest hay (when they even feed hay) they can find.

I know you or someone close to you lurks, Kelly. Show us the horses, you phony ass stupid BITCH!

This is why I think they're lying when they say they're rescues. If it were me I'd want the entire world to know IT WAS NOT ME who caused these animals to be in the condition they're in and here's all the proof and look how much better they are, even though they still look like crap. They're liars and the horses are evidence.

Did they ever talk about Zach's courtship? I know that started last fall, but it didn't end until this summer. Maybe they had filmed some scene about Zach and Sarah. Maybe the filming had something to do with her breaking it off.

When Kelly posted about the breakup in June, she said they waited "several months so [everyone] could heal." The breakup likely happened after the Paines' visit in early spring and they probably taped another courtship proposal. They likely lobbied to have it pulled and since the "big announcement" description lingered until just this weekend on the TLC website, it appears there was something that TLC did end up editing.

I bet they got Boob involved; the guy has some clout with the production company.

The more I think about it, the less I think Kelly was ever pregnant. The episode descriptions were out over 6 weeks ago and she's announcing her pregnancies later these days. Even if they taped in May, she couldn't have been that far along, not to mention, I doubt she would have gone rafting. She likely takes a pregnancy test before she does anything strenuous, like her buddy Michelle who won't even rollerskate if knocked up, failing to realize she can fall and break a hip at any given moment.

This is why I think they're lying when they say they're rescues. If it were me I'd want the entire world to know IT WAS NOT ME who caused these animals to be in the condition they're in and here's all the proof and look how much better they are, even though they still look like crap. They're liars and the horses are evidence.

Exactly!

Not horses, but one of my dogs unbeknownst to me was having a bad reaction to her food. I didn't realize it until I saw pictures of her from the side, and came to the horrifying realization she was so painfully thin. (it was one of those gradual things that I had not noticed) Once we switched the food and she got better but still was very thin, I went to a picnic for the rescue we got her from. I went out of my way explaining that she had been sick but we figured out it was the super premium "low carb high protein" food we had her on to EVERYONE THERE because first off I felt guilty that she had gotten sick on "good" food, and secondly, I was like, paranoid they'd be all "why the hell did we give you jerk a dog if you were just gonna starve her!!!" (believe me, with a toddler in the house, neither dog would starve to death even if I didn't feed them at all).

(she's now... almost plump she's gained so well. )

Since the chicken episode bored me to tears, I wasn't even going to comment about the lack of the horses when Kelly made her insipid "farm" commentary. Nowhere to be seen.

The chickens are all probably dead by now as well. That footage was taken when there were still no spring leaves in the trees (Carlin's birthday, if they actually taped in sequence, could be a clue). At any rate, it's been months and I doubt they've maintained the coop.

Do you think they will ever try for adoption? They could fill a whole season or two going through the process...I don't know what their general opinion about adoption is, but I remember reading something where Michelle said that she was praying about it. I think the interview was already a couple of years old though.

I hope not! I bet if they do, if it's somewhere out of the USA, they get turned down like the Russians did to what's her face that was mentioned on this board. But I can see either family going for it, but mostly Michelle 'cause of her constant baby need. I hope for the sake of the kid that they don't though.

Donks... We real hillbillies prefer the term "Appalachian Americans." All others are merely white trash. :D :D :D :D :D

We real hillbillies prefer the term "Appalachian Americans." All others are merely white trash. :D :D :D :D :D

Best thing I've read on the internet all day; thanks for the laugh! :clap:

NO adoption is frowned upon by Gothard due to the "sins of the [birth parents]"......

I agree the chickens were no "Chicken Ranch" (ever See "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas?") and one of the most boring things ever aired on any network. Right up there with Jim-Bobs allergy testing and the bazillion trips to the dentists with the Duggars.

Forgive me if it's been mentioned, but I'm just able to post about the show. I saw the last 15 minutes or so. Anyway... "funnest" and "funner" were both used within the timespan that I watched (and tortured my husband by making him watch as he was in my proximity.) Homeschooling.... you're doing it wrong.

Forgive me if it's been mentioned, but I'm just able to post about the show. I saw the last 15 minutes or so. Anyway... "funnest" and "funner" were both used within the timespan that I watched (and tortured my husband by making him watch as he was in my proximity.) Homeschooling.... you're doing it wrong.

It's not just them though. I don't know about other areas, but in the Midwest people do say funner and funnest a lot, as well as numerous other errors that really grate me and I always correct them. I'd say it's more of a education as a whole fail. Or 'we don't need no edumaction!' fail.

It's not just them though. I don't know about other areas, but in the Midwest people do say funner and funnest a lot, as well as numerous other errors that really grate me and I always correct them. I'd say it's more of a education as a whole fail. Or 'we don't need no edumaction!' fail.

Yes, the Midwest is notorious for bad grammar. And you can't blame homeschooling around here for that, because it's the public schooled kids/adults that are the absolute worst offenders, generally speaking.

I remember when Kelly lost the one that was the 4am roadside pregnancy test. Oh, they announced it and named it. The only difference is that they didn't have such a big platform. By then, they were just getting entrenched in ATI shit. I wouldn't be surprised if Gothard "exhorted" Gil to start a blog once they got a semi-regular gig on the Duggars' show.

At least she admits to progesterone. Will Mullet do the same? It's been 9 months since the miscarriage, and the recent evidence shows she's not knocked up. Her clothes are as fitted as is appropriate for someone of her ilk.

Whoa, Kelly admits to using progesterone? Is it to get pregnant, or to keep pregnancies from miscarrying? Because the former would surprise the hell out of me, and the latter wouldn't at all. Because they only "let god decide" when it suits their purpose. Time for Google...

ETA found it. Those people are completely off their rockers.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/bates-fami ... EfSzM1PloU

Archived