IGNORED

It looks like a fundie couple hated the olympics

Lillybee

Red and black are Satan's colors?

Better tell my pastors. Their clerical shirts are black, and I believe Pentecost colored stoles are red. Crap! Who knew we were really sporting Satan's colors?!?!?!

:twisted: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl::laughing-rollingred:

Red and black are the colours of anarchosyndicalism :twisted:

http://www.akpress.org/anarchosynidicalistflag.html

(Yes, that is the right URL. AK Press just can't spell :lol: )

I'm also one who watches dressage and the other equestrian events, since the equestrian event was what I got to see live during the 84 games. I was also a child then, so after seeing Mary Lou Retton, I took gymnastics classes for a while, but I was growing too tall, so I didn't stay with it. I really didn't know anyone whose parents got her the identical leotard Retton wore, as those were more expensive than the designer jeans that became a major fad towards the end of elementary school.

As far as that couple is concerned, they're free to get rid of their TV like other fundies have done, and let the rest of us enjoy our Olympics.

Not only do I love dressage but I watched all of it, and then watched it again, and was there for the day when Team GB (Carl, Laura and Charlotte) got gold.

It was an absolutely amazing day - and our win was a tribute to Carl Hester whose dressage methods are more gentle than those in many European countries (No rollkur, yay!)

We also have a four year old Arab x Quarterhorse who is being trained for endurance and dressage.

And I loved the Olympic! Waiting for the Paralympics now :)

They should write FINA - swimming's international governing body. They banned all swimmers from wearing suits below the knee, men from wearing suits that cover their torsos and women from wearing sleeves because they believed the suits had gotten too fast and were too buoyant. But I'm sure they'd be interested to know this makes the swimmers not "look professional."

They probably didn't even realize that large parts of the women's speedo suits, and some of the others, are see-through!

edited b/c I know the difference b/w right and write.

Oh yeah, see, I post and just ignore the hairy eyeballs I get. I'm actually a really weird mix, I post, but prefer a western saddle, and I rein with both hands (drive rein?) instead of using one hand to neck rein. Sacrilege, neither side would accept me.

I post and mentally give them the finger. I'm never not going to post.

I did not realize posting wasn't (usually) done with a Western saddle. Interesting. took riding lessons for a year when I was a teen. She started me with a Western saddle, but I couldn't squeeze hard enough to give leg signals, so I was switched to English, which I quite liked, but I haven't ridden since that year.

I don't care what tack people use, or what they practice, as long as they are fair to the horse and don't balance on the poor thing's mouth.

I wonder if the couple would like for the women swimmers to wear a costume like Esther Williams is wearing in Take Me Out to the Ball Game now airing on TCM. I think the movie is set in the 1890s or maybe the turn if the century. Esther's swim suit has cap sleeves and very short legs. Probably not, tough, as one of the male characters says to another "Did you get a look at her figure?"

ETA: Esther would almost certainly have been on the US Olympic swim team in 1940 had the Games not been cancelled due to the outbreak of WWII. Esther learned to swim after being taught by some male lifeguards at the pool who also taught her some strokes that were considered men-only strokes such as the butterfly. She also helped the WAVES (US Navy Women's Corps) to be outfitted with Cole's swimsuits instead of the thin cotton ones they were given. Lastly, in Thrill of a Roamnce, her wool suit became so heavy that she shucked at the bottom of the pool and swam to the surface naked! Hussy!

edited for punctuation

Oh, girl, I LOVE me some Esther Williams! :dance: But I'm sure she's much to "sexualized" for these fundies. Every single one of her films that I've seen has exposed her knees. And what about that one where she went on a magical journey with Tom and Jerry? Yeah, pretty sure there's something "satanic" there (I just haven't figured it out yet)!

I don't care what tack people use, or what they practice, as long as they are fair to the horse and don't balance on the poor thing's mouth.

My husband gets annoyed when we watch a movie that has someone riding, I always yell at the screen when they're yanking at the reins and shit.

Nope. I love the dressage and other equestrian events. Most likely because I competed in three-day eventing (dressage, xc, show jumping) for 27 years of my life. I can see where it would be boring to a person who doesn't understand it, but it takes a lot of training and time to get a horse to the Olympic Grand Prix level.

That aside...these people need to stay under their rock.

Eventing was my obsession during the Olympics. I have to admit that dressage bores the crap out of me, but XC and show jumping are awesome. Also, eventing has Boyd Martin :romance-heartstiny:

And wear helmets!

I do some dressage type training (no competing) and some fun jumping after spending many years doing the hunter thing. I've tried some western , but don't find it comfortable for long periods of time. Also don't feel it allows me good body communication with my horse, but I know western riders who can ride circles around me. My Chincoteague pony was so skinny and awkward looking from when I brought her home to age 3 or so that I figured she would never have any real talent for dressage or jumping and that I should consider just having her go western. Once we began riding I found out she was a beautiful mover and a decent jumper so I think she'll be a decent event pony. She did win me a blue ribbon in the only dressage competition I ever rode in.

My husband competes in dressage and thta's the only dressage I watch. I just cn't watch ANY spectator sports. I don't want to watch other people have fun. I just want to go ride..

Archived