IGNORED

It looks like a fundie couple hated the olympics

Lillybee

No one forced them to watch it. :roll: If the TV was so offensive, they could do like other fundies and throw theirs out.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear these prudes over the pagan noise going on in my house right now.

I like that they think a newspaper in Podunk wherever has any pull in what goes on in the Olympics.

The mental gymnastics these people go through to insert the devil or god into things is impressive...and scary. And funny as fuck.

And 99% of the British population could care less what Mr. Gomer from Minnesota thought of their culture.

Anyways, you know all those skimpy outfits aren't worn just to titillate...they are made to enhance athletic performance. Remember the swimsuits from the 2008 Olympics? Those were pretty damn modest.

Finally, they think waaaayyyy more about sex than I do! I watched a lot of Olympics, and I can't ever say I thought mcu about sex other than someone looks fit!

Um, sorry fundies, you can't controll international world-events that are trying to bring peace between nations because you think it's opressing you belief system. You. Just. Can't.

Ooooh, that was funny! I haven't laughed that hard in a while!

Seriously, gymnasts' buttocks? No one should be looking at gymnasts' buttocks except 16 year old boys and the girls teammates ("is my leo riding up?"). Checking out the ass of a 16 year old just makes you pervy, old fundie-dude!

And I will never complain about Michael Phelps in a "hip hugger suit"....hell, I'd be happy if he wore one every damn day!

The entertainment of this latest Olympics was dark, loud, sexualized with scanty clothes and revealing cleavage on women, and with disturbing pagan noise. Connecting children, beds plus frightening villains made one think of pedophiles.

The ancient Olympics were a pagan festival. So it was very appropriate to include a little pagan noise. Most of the athletes would have been pedophiles (excuse me, euphibophiles) by today's standards. It also appears no one has informed this couple that ancient Greek athletes competed BUCK NAKED. It'll just be our little secret. :shhh: :shifty:

Edited because while enjoying the gleeful fantasy of them actually reading this snark, I forgot to put the quote in.

Not to mention that the gymnasts actually use doublestick tape on the bottom of their LEOTARDS to ensure they don't ride up.

The commentary only noted one grammatical faux pas that would make baby Jeebus cry, but man, I read it out loud to my husband and it sounds even worse than it reads. Fundies, do us all a favor and STOP TRYING TO SOUND INTELLIGENT. Take my word for it, you're not. If you would, you might have a shot with me...

correct-grammar-is-sexy.jpg

Red and black are Satan's colors?

Better tell my pastors. Their clerical shirts are black, and I believe Pentecost colored stoles are red. Crap! Who knew we were really sporting Satan's colors?!?!?!

:twisted: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl::laughing-rollingred:

Better tell my pastors. Their clerical shirts are black, and I believe Pentecost colored stoles are red. Crap! Who knew we were really sporting Satan's colors?!?!?!

Mr. and Mrs. Dumbshit better stay away from Vatican City if they ever manage to schlep their Ugly American asses over to Italy.

Please, please, please, SNL...do a skit on this couple! Too bad Chris Farley isn't alive, he'd be great playing "Dennis", or maybe

Dana Carvey can do a "Church Lady" skit, too?

This couple probably won't be watching the Rio Olympics. Maybe they will happy watching the Winter Olympics in a couple of years, but oh wait they will probably bitch about the skin suits that the speed skaters, bobsled teams, skeleton and lugers wear.

This suddenly explains why my high school felt oddly similar to hell...

:lol:

The comments on the gymnasts' uniforms are hilarious because leotards have not really changed in decades. Mary Lou Retton wore a similar one in the 84 Olympics--I only remember this because it inspired me to do a few years of gymnastics despite having the wrong build (I was a lanky, tall kid, all legs and arms and bony angles) and everyone.but.me had parents would buy the expensive special edition leotard that was identical to Retton's. I got a Commodore 64 computer instead, which in 1984 was good for Qbert and not a lot else.

The couple supposedly has been watching the Olympics for a while, so they should know this.

I did not like the opening ceremony so much, I think it will be a while before anyone can beat China in that area. It was not ungodly or anything, just a little weird and disjointed.

(*whispers Am I the only one who watches dressage?*)

There is this nifty thing on my remote that says 'off'. No one forces anyone to watch those evil pagan Olympics. I don't watch the Duggar show because it makes me want to throw things at the screen. :violin:

I love watching it. I find it fascinating, plus my country is pretty good at it.

The comments on the gymnasts' uniforms are hilarious because leotards have not really changed in decades. Mary Lou Retton wore a similar one in the 84 Olympics--I only remember this because it inspired me to do a few years of gymnastics despite having the wrong build (I was a lanky, tall kid, all legs and arms and bony angles) and everyone.but.me had parents would buy the expensive special edition leotard that was identical to Retton's. I got a Commodore 64 computer instead, which in 1984 was good for Qbert and not a lot else.

The couple supposedly has been watching the Olympics for a while, so they should know this.

I did not like the opening ceremony so much, I think it will be a while before anyone can beat China in that area. It was not ungodly or anything, just a little weird and disjointed.

I'm a western girl at heart, but I LOVE me some Olympic dressage.

I'm a western girl at heart, but I LOVE me some Olympic dressage.

I just cannot ride Western, too much bumping around. And if you start posting in a Western-riding crowd they are like :shock: :lol: Seriously, I don't know how one gets used to ass-trauma like that. Also, the long stirrups make it hard to control the horse. I think it is just a matter of what you are used to.

I just cannot ride Western, too much bumping around. And if you start posting in a Western-riding crowd they are like :shock: :lol: Seriously, I don't know how one gets used to ass-trauma like that. Also, the long stirrups make it hard to control the horse. I think it is just a matter of what you are used to.

Oh yeah, see, I post and just ignore the hairy eyeballs I get. I'm actually a really weird mix, I post, but prefer a western saddle, and I rein with both hands (drive rein?) instead of using one hand to neck rein. Sacrilege, neither side would accept me.

Nope. I love the dressage and other equestrian events. Most likely because I competed in three-day eventing (dressage, xc, show jumping) for 27 years of my life. I can see where it would be boring to a person who doesn't understand it, but it takes a lot of training and time to get a horse to the Olympic Grand Prix level.

That aside...these people need to stay under their rock.

I wonder if the couple would like for the women swimmers to wear a costume like Esther Williams is wearing in Take Me Out to the Ball Game now airing on TCM. I think the movie is set in the 1890s or maybe the turn if the century. Esther's swim suit has cap sleeves and very short legs. Probably not, tough, as one of the male characters says to another "Did you get a look at her figure?"

ETA: Esther would almost certainly have been on the US Olympic swim team in 1940 had the Games not been cancelled due to the outbreak of WWII. Esther learned to swim after being taught by some male lifeguards at the pool who also taught her some strokes that were considered men-only strokes such as the butterfly. She also helped the WAVES (US Navy Women's Corps) to be outfitted with Cole's swimsuits instead of the thin cotton ones they were given. Lastly, in Thrill of a Roamnce, her wool suit became so heavy that she shucked at the bottom of the pool and swam to the surface naked! Hussy!

edited for punctuation

Why don't they just lambaste the athletes for having the nerve to be born with human bodies? Because that's what it comes down to. "How DARE YOU have breasts and legs and buttocks? I am SO OFFENDED!!!!!!!1!1!!!"

Because Jesus totes didn't have legs or an ass or anything.

Archived