GOP Senate candidate: ‘Legitimate rape’ rarely causes pregnA

Ralar

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Kirk Cameron gets into the mix:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/201 ... 32670.html

ETA: Fuck you, Kirk Cameron

I gonna snag the most popular FB comment just in case some of you can't stand to look at that tool's smug mug:

"Why couldn't Cameron develop a nice drug habit like most child stars & stop trying to regulate my uterus!".

:greetings-clappingyellow:

Oh my god the stupid it astounds me, they honestly believe you can't get pregnant from incest, really so those laws preventing close kin from marrying have no basis in science or preventing the birth of children who are at an increased risk of birth defects. Do these dipwads not realize that royal families as far back as the pharoahs of Egypt practiced incest in an effort to maintain the purity of royal bloodlines and control the lines of succession? In the short run it worked to maintain political control and retain wealth, in the long run it was a contributing factor to the downfall of quite a few dynasties. Much of the madness, deformities and illnesses that plagued the royal families of Europe, such as the Hapsburgs was caused by multiple generations of incest. It's entirely possible to become pregnant from incest just not exactly advisable.

These people take willful ignorance to epic levels yes you can get pregnant from rape or incest. Ovulation and conception are biological functions that have no regard for how the sperm got there, or who its from.

I gonna snag the most popular FB comment just in case some of you can't stand to look at that tool's smug mug:

"Why couldn't Cameron develop a nice drug habit like most child stars & stop trying to regulate my uterus!".

:greetings-clappingyellow:

Yeah, the FB comments are gold. The wing nuts are having their balls handed to them. Fucking awesome. :clap:

Good gosh this is not an "I 'mispoke'" situation. Guy should quit (the GOPers are bashing their heads over him).

Kirk Cameron should piss off and shut up.

540253_454176284616313_277892191_n.jpg

This has been on my Facebook all day. x1,000,000,eleventy!!!,,1000

It's pretty bad when even Rush Limbaugh says Akin should end his campaign.

I'm gobsmacked! I think he's more interested in keeping his revenues up...

Thought this was an interesting and clever reply in a CNN article.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/22/world/aki ... ?hpt=hp_t2

"What is the probability of an aroused woman getting pregnant versus the probability of a non-aroused woman getting pregnant? Non biased researchers probably know the answer to this question. Regardless of the answer, why did he think it's good politics to debate this stuff?"

However, one of the most inventive and educational responses to Akin's comments came from an academic website in Australia, posted by a professor of evolution and ecology who specializes in the biology of sexual conduct.

"Like almost everybody else I spoke to today, I was staggered, this morning, to hear Todd Akin's comments about 'legitimate rape' and pregnancy," wrote Rob Brooks, from the University of New South Wales on The Conversation website.

Brooks questioned whether Akin was confusing human biology with that of Australian Black Field Crickets, a species for whom forced copulation is impossible.

"She has to mount him voluntarily and she is unlikely to do so unless he has a sexy song. But once she has mated him and he has attached a bag of his sperm (a spermatophore) to her abdomen, she often chooses to remove it before its entire contents enter her body," he wrote. "Perhaps this is the kind of thing Todd Akin had in mind?"

On a more serious note, Brooks wrote: "What strikes me about the anachronistic attitudes of evangelicals and their Republican puppets to abortion, contraception, family planning, female economic empowerment and feminism in general, is just how unambiguously male these attitudes are.

"An entire political party in one of the most advanced and educated countries on earth has become a caricature of the most basal evolved insecurities about masculinity. They seem terrified of losing control over the means of reproduction and petrified of cuckoldry," he said.

"An entire political party in one of the most advanced and educated countries on earth has become a caricature of the most basal evolved insecurities about masculinity. They seem terrified of losing control over the means of reproduction and petrified of cuckoldry,"

Right now I'm hugging this statement, and later I plan to make cookies for it.

The deadline just passed for him to withdraw (and he didn't). I'm not surprised, since he's vehemently insisted for the past two days in several interviews that he wouldn't withdraw. I can't say that I'm too sorry: without GOP funding and support, it seems that he can't win (and previous to his "legitimate rape" statement, McCaskill had been trailing by 10 or so points). However, it turns my stomach that (at least so far), she's barely caught up in the polls. I don't see how anyone, regardless of his or her stance on abortion, could continue to support this sorry excuse for a human being.

I'm not sure I've seen any polls since this asshat said what he did on Sunday. At that point, Akin was running 4-5 points ahead, but I'll be anxious to see what the polls show after this fuckwittery sinks into the psyches of the people of MO for week or so.

well call me a pig and roll me in the mud even Rush Limbaugh and sara palin want the asshat gone. It's almost too hard to believe did hell freeze over??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/2 ... 20513.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/2 ... 19449.html

It's not really surprising at all. Palin supported her pal Sarah Steelman over Akin in the primary and she wants him to step aside so Steelman can replace him.

Rush - like the other Republicans who want him gone - knows that Akin staying will lead to a senate seat loss for the Republicans and likely ongoing major problems for Akin's "forceable rape" brother-in-arms, Paul Ryan.

I should stop reading this stuff, it makes me want to cry. I admire the courage of this woman in so many many ways.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/22/opinion/p ... le_sidebar

The reason I post this stuff is I'm hoping beyond hope that some of the fundies who lurk here will actually take the time to read it. And, if they do, I hope their eyes are opened.

Anybody know if Slutwalk is going to do an event at the RNC convention? I might go up there for that.

Found this gemstone on a blog :lol: :

Surly-Thor-Todd-Akin.jpg

Bwahahaha :lol: +1000 internets to Surly Thor.

There is nothing to say about Akin that hasn't been said already...just STFU, dude.

Archived