IGNORED

GOP Senate candidate: ‘Legitimate rape’ rarely causes pregnA

Ralar

know whats sad? i told a friend of mine about this... she agrees that the body shuts down and doesnt act right due to trauma. then she said "ive been raped so I know!" also the people she reported it to were evil because they gave her a morning after pill without telling her what it was first. and she asked what she was taking AFTER she took it. yes it wAs wrong if they didnt tell her but that seems highly unprofessional. she also should have asked first before taking those pills. however she has always been a bit of a drama queen and tends to exaggerate. (Not saying anything against women who have been raped, or even saying she is lying. just pointing out part of her personality)

So she doesn't attribute the fact that no pregnancy occurred to the morning after pill? :shock:

I'm glad "she knows" because I didn't know and back then, they didn't offer the morning after pill. Longest damn 10 days of my life to that point. Pure torture, on top of everything else.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

then we have this.

Mike Huckabee Would Like to Remind You That Rape Has Created Some Extraordinary People

John Cook

Why is everybody so down on rape? This is what Mike Huckabee wanted to know today, on his radio program, which also featured Rep. Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin as a guest. For instance, did you know that Ethel Waters was conceived when her mother got raped? Do you know what a world without rape would look like? A world without Ethel Waters, that's what.

This is what Mike Huckabee said today, as transcribed by the Los Angeles Times' James Rainey, about the upside of being raped and then getting pregnant:

"Ethel Waters, for example, was the result of a forcible rape," Huckabee said of the late American gospel singer. One-time presidential candidate Huckabee added: "I used to work for James Robison back in the 1970s, he leads a large Christian organization. He, himself, was the result of a forcible rape. And so I know it happens, and yet even from those horrible, horrible tragedies of rape, which are inexcusable and indefensible, life has come and sometimes, you know, those people are able to do extraordinary things."

Anyway, stop being so racist against rape-babies, everyone.

Sooooooooo he thinks rape has a positive side just because some of the babies people have from them do good things?

Sure, some people who get pregnant from rape decide to keep the baby and love them nomatter how they were concieved, but many more are absolutely horrified at the idea of carrying their rapists baby and want an abortion as soon as possible.

I cant imagine how awful it must be to have to carry an unwanted baby for 9 months after being raped, it cant be good for their mental health, and would probably mean a lot of them would die or give birth to severely disabled babies from trying to abort by themselfes. There would also be more unwanted babies in foster care because theres more people giving babies up for adoption than wanting to adopt one. There would also be a lot of neglected babies who have a mom who cant stand the sight of them as they remind them of their father.

Just because it works for a few people, it doesnt mean it works for everyone.

What in the actual fuck is a legitimate rape?

In his half-arsed "apology" he said he meant "forcible rape". As opposed to, you know, consensual rape?

What I want to know is, because I didn't become pregnant when I was raped, does that mean I was not a slut who was asking for it and probably secretly enjoyed it? Or, because I was using oral contraceptives at the time so I couldn't become pregnant by anyone, was I a slut who was asking for it?

Annnnd then Kirk Cameron defends Akin, calling him "a good man".

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/kirk ... 47344.html

Not breaking link for being Yahoo.

And then Rep Stephen Kink (R-Iowa) said that he doesn't think you cam get pregnant from statutory rape or incest

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rep- ... 10570.html

You cannot make this crap up.

Annnnd then Kirk Cameron defends Akin, calling him "a good man".

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/kirk ... 47344.html

Not breaking link for being Yahoo.

And then Rep Stephen Kink (R-Iowa) said that he doesn't think you cam get pregnant from statutory rape or incest

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rep- ... 10570.html

You cannot make this crap up.

Maybe King has never heard of Lila Rose and the pranks she'd pull in trying to take down Planned Parenthood.

If you can't get pregnant from incest, how do you explain that poor girl in Austria who was held prisoner in her father's basement and forced to bear his children?

Maybe King has never heard of Lila Rose and the pranks she'd pull in trying to take down Planned Parenthood.

He is becoming one of the biggest fuckwads out there. wants to legalize dog fighting make English mandatory and of course does not know of anyone that got knocked up from his acts.

Today the HuffPo reports that the GOP platform will call for a federal ban on abortion with no exceptions for rape or incest victims.

... the Republican National Committee will not include a rape exception in its platform. "Our platform language is the same [as] it's been in 2004 and 2008," an RNC spokesperson told The Huffington Post when asked if it would consider a rape exception. "It's a strong pro-life position that doesn't get into granular specifics. We leave those to the states."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/2 ... 18532.html

Today the HuffPo reports that the GOP platform will call for a federal ban on abortion with no exceptions for rape or incest victims.

Granular specifics? Sounds like it has something to do with the contents of Brandy's closets, before she went "camping."

I would really love to hear what a person like Jaycee Dugard has to say about rape not causing pregnancy. She was not given the opportunity to make a decision about her pregnancies because SHE WAS HELD PRISONER. (I actually think with the first one, she did not even undersatnd what was happeneing to her body at first.) She may or may not have decided to continue these pregnancies had she been given the choice. That is the point. Women should be allowed to make their own decisions about their bodies.

I am certain that FJ can come up with lots of high (and low) profile cases of rape induced pregnancies. The point is that not having a choice makes these women a prisoner because someone else committed a crime.

I would really love to hear what a person like Jaycee Dugard has to say about rape not causing pregnancy. She was not given the opportunity to make a decision about her pregnancies because SHE WAS HELD PRISONER. .

Well, if you recall what that fuckwad Bill O'Reilly said about that poor boy who was kidnapped and held in an apartment in Missouri for years, she must have enjoyed her stay with her captor because she didn't try to escape from the back yard

Her rapes were not therefore not technically legitimate which is why they led to pregnancies. Faith-based, female-hating reproductive science at its finest.

The deadline just passed for him to withdraw (and he didn't). I'm not surprised, since he's vehemently insisted for the past two days in several interviews that he wouldn't withdraw. I can't say that I'm too sorry: without GOP funding and support, it seems that he can't win (and previous to his "legitimate rape" statement, McCaskill had been trailing by 10 or so points). However, it turns my stomach that (at least so far), she's barely caught up in the polls. I don't see how anyone, regardless of his or her stance on abortion, could continue to support this sorry excuse for a human being.

Answering the bolded: This is the basis for their (misguided) logic. Since it happened at all, it must be a wanted/fated/desired pregnancy! :roll:

I'm putting my response under a spoiler, because it's very sarcastically flip about assault:

No, no, no. Being pregnant isn't an emotionally or physically important thing to a woman's body--but having sex is. Women who have sex but don't want to get pregnant have it coming to them when they do get pregnant, and they're silly for thinking they could get away with it. The living breathing child that results from that (because abortion should never happen and miscarriages of unplanned pregnancies allow too much grey area to be addressed) is a punishment for having sex, and hopefully she'll hate being a mother as much as possible because that's a great way to bring new people into the world only then will she understand the consequences of her actions. Women who do actually manage to get away with having sex without suffering any unintended pregnancies are evil bitches and should be stopped from having such fulfilling frivolous lives. Women who are raped have only one acceptable response to being forced into the most sacred of all human contacts (sex, not pregnancy)--they have to fight back, make sure they are shockingly and visibly bruised (preferably with a big black eye, because a few thigh bruises will just look like you're clumsy and run into chairs), cry inconsolably in front of everyone for 48 hours (but preferably not after that), contact the police and seek medical attention immediately after they get away because you have absolutely no confusion about what just happened to them, and also either delay ovulation (without the help of Plan B) or tuck that new egg off to the side somewhere so it doesn't get fertilized. Meeting the last criteria isn't really that hard when you compare it to everything else you're supposed to do to be a real rape victim, and it's almost certainly not going to be the only thing standing in anyone's way of being considered. It's also not about how much the woman doesn't want to carry the rapist's pregnancy, since unwanted pregnancies are a feature, not a bug. Ovulation isn't a test of how much you wanted the pregnancy, it's a test of how much you wanted the sex, since sex is enjoyable or shameful or traumatic, but pregnancy is a short, easy thing women do that can only be as traumatic as the sex that caused it, because its implications to a woman's physical, financial, and emotional (outside of her feelings about sex) well being are small, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a whiner.

This is from a woman no less!

http://www.examiner.com/article/gop-off ... -pregnancy

Sharon Barnes, a high ranking state Republican, came to the defense of her conservative colleague who she believes only "phrased it (his statement) badly."

Barnes was quoted by The New York Times saying, "abortion is never an option." Barnes went on to biblically claim that, "If God has chosen to bless this person [the rape victim] with a life, you don’t kill it."

Someone please tell me if this bitch has a twitter or facebook.

And now...wait for it...Akin is the victim!

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/bryan-fischer-says-todd-akin-victim-rape

American Family Association spokesman Bryan Fischer is now comparing Akin to a victim of rape. After listing the growing chorus of conservative activists and media personalities who have called on Akin to quit the senate race, Fischer lamented that “everybody is gang tackling Todd Akin.†“You talk about a forcible situation, you talk about somebody being a victim of forcible assault, that would be Todd Akin,†Fischer maintained.

I learned a lot today. I learned that "real" rape rarely ends in pregnancy because of the magic of the womb and secretions and stuff. I learned that babies make rape all worthwhile. And I learned that incest victims only get pregnant if they want to-- using it as a sort of Get Out Of Jail Free Card as per Dr. J.C. Wilkes.

And now...wait for it...Akin is the victim!

[link=]http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/bryan-fischer-says-todd-akin-victim-rape[/link]

I learned a lot today. I learned that "real" rape rarely ends in pregnancy because of the magic of the womb and secretions and stuff. I learned that babies make rape all worthwhile. And I learned that incest victims only get pregnant if they want to-- using it as a sort of Get Out Of Jail Free Card as per Dr. J.C. Wilkes.

This is pissing me off so hard right now.

He didn't misspeak a single word. He lied about a biological process. I've been screaming on my FB page all day about this, and my outrage keeps going up. I am disgusted and angry about the bullshit, and that everyone is focused on the "legitimate" or the "forcible" and no one is really outraged that he's telling lies about women.

(mostly a lurker, but this particular issue has me so angry!!)

Archived