IGNORED

Robbing a woman's dignity in the name of being pro-life

FakePigtails

This showed up on my facebook today: lifesitenews.com/news/twenty-weeks-pregnant-with-twins-but-last-week-she-had-an-abortion

I'm appalled that this site has published her photo, which has supposedly also gone viral! The woman's already in a terrible situation, then has protesters in her face when going to do what is legally her right, and then her photo's all over the internet. But I guess the pro-lifers believe the end justifies the means :roll:

They just jump to the first crazy thought train that comes their way :evil: What if these twins had a genetical abnomality requiring years of medical care? They would bolt at paying the twins' bills. And the writer who wrote that if we were to have a museum dedicated to aborted fetuses. :evil: There are no words.

Oh, I thought it had her name and face. At least they kept that away, I'm actually surprised by that.

Disgusting article. Is she really right about the law? I'd be surprised if that was the case. Also I'm sick of the Holocaust comparison, really. There's a difference between living people and foetuses.

So the author had an abortion, decided she didn't like it and is now obsessed with stopping other people? I don't get the women who do that.

I honestly think this story is faked, just like all the fundie propaganda "I was a horrible wayward "slut"/drug user/drinker/sinner what have you but now I am saved because its more dramatic that way! Nobody's "I was saved " story ever reads "I was a completely ordinary person before getting sucked into this cult".

These "shock and awe" stories that get so much attention never focus on the women who get an abortion because say, their boyfriend beats the living shit out of them on a daily basis, or the woman who was viciously raped and can't fathom carrying her rapist's baby to term. Because you know, if they criticize women who have abortions for those reasons, they'll look like the anti-choice jerks who lack compassion that they are.

(Put "slut" in quotes because the fundie definition and mine/pretty much all of FJ's is worlds apart. )

I’ve been to the Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC. They have piles and piles of hair shaved off of Jews in the concentration camps. They have millions of pairs of shoes belonging to children who were killed simply because they were Jewish. The pictures of thousands of dead bodies piled on top of each other are shocking and appalling. At one point I decided I couldn’t look anymore. I was disgusted that this could happen without a revolution rising to overthrow a government that would accept murder as status quo.

I know it’s controversial to say this, but abortion truly is the holocaust of my generation. What if we had the bodies of 50,000,000 babies piled on top of each other in a museum somewhere? What if we took all of the clothes they will never wear and toys they will never play with and you had to pay to see them? If each of us had to watch a late term abortion, surely there would be a revolution, right?

:doh: :x

Ending with a quote

“America will not reject abortion until America SEES abortion.†- Father Frank Pavone

If America sees the result of unwanted children, America would reject the likes like you too.

I honestly think this story is faked, just like all the fundie propaganda "I was a horrible wayward "slut"/drug user/drinker/sinner what have you but now I am saved because its more dramatic that way! Nobody's "I was saved " story ever reads "I was a completely ordinary person before getting sucked into this cult".

These "shock and awe" stories that get so much attention never focus on the women who get an abortion because say, their boyfriend beats the living shit out of them on a daily basis, or the woman who was viciously raped and can't fathom carrying her rapist's baby to term. Because you know, if they criticize women who have abortions for those reasons, they'll look like the anti-choice jerks who lack compassion that they are.

(Put "slut" in quotes because the fundie definition and mine/pretty much all of FJ's is worlds apart. )

It's lifesitenews, so there's a good chance it's made up.

Picture of a woman ready to pop: check

Comparison to the Shoah: check

Bad writing: check

Ahhh! I am going to assume that this story has about 5% truthfulness to it, and that comes in the form of the writer being at an abortion clinic to protest. Call me silly, but I am pretty sure that late term abortions when you can actually see a bump of any sort, make up for a minuscule amount of procedures. I am pretty sure that all those women they saw walking in did not have any physical indicators that they were pregnant.

Ugh. Life Site News is awful. And all the hardcore pro-lifers flock to it. There was an article where a couple raised their kid on something like 200 dollars for the first year so people who were having abortions because they couldn't afford a child were being silly, obviously. :roll:

I'm so tired of the Holocaust-abortion comparisons. Like this one

431439_177372769039933_1637994873_n.jpg

It's from this lovely little page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kristin-T ... 6052844605

And people eat it up. Ugh!

I am surprised that there is not more outrage from the Jewish community over comparing the holocaust to abortion.

And what is with that site with homphobic stories? What do they think gay people eat babies or something?

That story is a lie.

I faced an abortion decision with my twins at 20 weeks (and every week thereafter multiple times until we hit viability). When you get an abortion over 20 weeks, you aren't offered the pill option that allows you to go through the process at home, and you certainly are not allowed to do that with fucking *twins*.

These people who make this shit up are beneath contempt. I loathe them. I doubt that picture is even real (I mean, a real picture but NOT of a woman going to get an abortion). I stay out of political discussion on FB but if someone posts this shit within my view on FB I will go postal on them.

In Australia you only have the option of a medical abortion (pill) if you are under 9 weeks pregnant and you have no risk factors. Multiples would almost certainly be considered a risk, and i really don't think that the date range would vary that much between here and the USA. I didn't read the article, but they are lying if they are claiming a woman who was twenty weeks pregnant with twins was offered a medical abortion. She may have been offered the option of inducing labor if the fetuses had died in utero, but that is a very different proposition.

Oh you're right. I missed that part. I thought the toilet story sounded odd, but I thought maybe there was some other procedure at 20 weeks which was like inducing labour. It doesn't sound plausible though, does it?

Maybe she did get a surgical abortion and they misunderstood, but making it up sounds more likely. The whole dismembering first then it's allowed part also sounded suspicious.

I was given the choice to induce labor. You do NOT get induced and then sent home to deliver over the toilet. I would have remained in the hospital until I delivered, which wouldn't have then been flushed down the toilet as is implied. Grrrr!

The more I think about it, the angrier this makes me. Not only are these shits lying about the procedure itself, but they're also harming the real people who have to make those choices (abortion in the second trimester, which is almost always due to other factors than "I decided I don't want the kid/s anymore") because it perpetuates myths and assumptions that then assholes beat them over the head with later. Aside from the doctor who kept asking me if I wanted to terminate, the only other cursing screaming fit I had at someone while going through MY experience with this was at someone who started nattering on and on about how good I was to "do the right thing" and not abort and how she knew someone who didn't do that and weren't the horrible. I made her cry by the end because I let her have it, which was probably not the most healthy or humane thing to do since she was just an older lady who didn't know her elbows from her ass about this and was just parroting the same things I myself had when I was a teen, but I still don't regret it.

I am surprised that there is not more outrage from the Jewish community over comparing the holocaust to abortion.

And what is with that site with homphobic stories? What do they think gay people eat babies or something?

I assure you there is a great deal of outrage. I do not know any Jews who are not outraged when something is compared to the Shoah that has nowhere near the level of loss. In order to call something a holocaust, you need to have genocide in a planned and executed manner intended to wipe the Earth clean of an ethnic group, along with massive loss of life and long-reaching consequences for the ethnic group in question. If someone wants to call Hiroshima or certain African genocides a holocaust, I can live with that. Calling a medical procedure that saves lives a Holocaust is spitting on all the Jews who were tortured and killed by Hitler.

You cannot have a medical abortion beyond nine weeks, and in most areas of the US it is almost impossible to get an abortion beyond the first trimester. Even if it is legal in particular circumstances, good luck finding a provider who will do it. The doctors who perform these procedures are harassed and made victims of terrorism. So once again, the pro-lifers are lying. And if you have to lie to substantiate your beliefs, maybe your beliefs should be re-considered.

I assure you there is a great deal of outrage. I do not know any Jews who are not outraged when something is compared to the Shoah that has nowhere near the level of loss. In order to call something a holocaust, you need to have genocide in a planned and executed manner intended to wipe the Earth clean of an ethnic group, along with massive loss of life and long-reaching consequences for the ethnic group in question. If someone wants to call Hiroshima or certain African genocides a holocaust, I can live with that. Calling a medical procedure that saves lives a Holocaust is spitting on all the Jews who were tortured and killed by Hitler.

You cannot have a medical abortion beyond nine weeks, and in most areas of the US it is almost impossible to get an abortion beyond the first trimester. Even if it is legal in particular circumstances, good luck finding a provider who will do it. The doctors who perform these procedures are harassed and made victims of terrorism. So once again, the pro-lifers are lying. And if you have to lie to substantiate your beliefs, maybe your beliefs should be re-considered.

Why don't fundies seem to understand this? I'm gonna ask 1 this next time they bring up "Abortion is the new Holocaust!" shit. :evil:

I'm calling bullshit on this story.

It makes no sense. How would they know that this woman was carrying twin girls, or the reason for the abortion? Why would she be talking to them?

From the comments:

This is Baal worship, same old devills with new names to protect the guilty. In olden days Baal worship included a statue with fire in its belly, illicit hetro/homo sex was offered as tokens of worship and when a child was born, well what husband wants to keep another man's left overs so the priest would offer a way out, give the child to the Baal god and he'll bless your crops.

Very little has changed today instead of just one temple for illicit sex just about any available venue (hotel room, backseat of a car, etc.) could become a temple to lusttful god Baal. And instead of the visible physical statue there is an invisible statue of one's totally selfish desires and a baby's painful life offering is taken in a Planned Parenthood High Temple. Read Hosea 2:6 and down substitute "America" for "my people" and "gold and silver" with econmic prosperity and you will get a clue why we are down economically. There is no way out of this ditch until and unless the butcheringg of God's innocent children ceases! Don't let human reasoning or a false preacher deceive you on this, God's judgement maybe delayed but it is never denied!

http://www.wnd.com/2008/12/839...

Please read this excellent article written by Matt Barber about a sermon given at Lynchburg Church.

All I can say is WTF.

I'm calling bullshit on this story.

It makes no sense. How would they know that this woman was carrying twin girls, or the reason for the abortion? Why would she be talking to them?

The comments claim she spent time talking to the group, told them her story, posed for pictures, and consented to being used as an anti-choice propaganda tool. This seems like bullshit to me though.

As a Jew, I find it seriously, horrifically offensive when its compared to the Shoah.

However, its become so prevalent that all I can do at this point is a resigned "sigh" and either delete the person off of my facebook feed or hide them (if they're family). I'm so tired of telling people how ignorant they are, its so exhausting. :(

This is Baal worship, same old devills with new names to protect the guilty. In olden days Baal worship included a statue with fire in its belly, illicit hetro/homo sex was offered as tokens of worship and when a child was born, well what husband wants to keep another man's left overs so the priest would offer a way out, give the child to the Baal god and he'll bless your crops.

In honor of all my guy friends who are raising another man's "left overs" as their own (and gal friends doing the same)- fuck these people.

In honor of all my guy friends who are raising another man's "left overs" as their own (and gal friends doing the same)- fuck these people.

My husband and I are both parents to some "leftovers". Children are a gift even when they don't carry your DNA ffs. And while I distinguish between children and stepchildren when talking to others, in our home and in our hearts there is no Yours and Mine, just Ours.

The comments claim she spent time talking to the group, told them her story, posed for pictures, and consented to being used as an anti-choice propaganda tool. This seems like bullshit to me though.

That just did not happen. It is like the photo of the fetus in an metal emesis basin that seems to make its rounds. Metal emesis basins have been replaced by plastic ones in most areas, they certainly are not used as receptacles for medical waste, and there is no way a doctor allowed someone to come in with professional lighting and professional photography equipment to photograph medical waste.

My husband and I are both parents to some "leftovers". Children are a gift even when they don't carry your DNA ffs. And while I distinguish between children and stepchildren when talking to others, in our home and in our hearts there is no Yours and Mine, just Ours.

That just did not happen. It is like the photo of the fetus in an metal emesis basin that seems to make its rounds. Metal emesis basins have been replaced by plastic ones in most areas, they certainly are not used as receptacles for medical waste, and there is no way a doctor allowed someone to come in with professional lighting and professional photography equipment to photograph medical waste.

I can't remember WHERE I read it, but I swear, I read somewhere (probably over the internetz) that most of those "dead baby" pictures? are of someone's miscarriage. Which makes it even more effing sick that they use them as propaganda.

I can't remember WHERE I read it, but I swear, I read somewhere (probably over the internetz) that most of those "dead baby" pictures? are of someone's miscarriage. Which makes it even more effing sick that they use them as propaganda.

That makes me want to cry.

Archived