IGNORED

Robbing a woman's dignity in the name of being pro-life

FakePigtails

My husband and I are both parents to some "leftovers". Children are a gift even when they don't carry your DNA ffs. And while I distinguish between children and stepchildren when talking to others, in our home and in our hearts there is no Yours and Mine, just Ours.

This. Children are a gift when they're wanted.

Oh you're right. I missed that part. I thought the toilet story sounded odd, but I thought maybe there was some other procedure at 20 weeks which was like inducing labour. It doesn't sound plausible though, does it?

Maybe she did get a surgical abortion and they misunderstood, but making it up sounds more likely. The whole dismembering first then it's allowed part also sounded suspicious.

An abortion at 20 weeks would be a 2 day procedure. The first day would consist of the doctor inserting a laminaria to dilate the cervix. The next day would be the surgery. However, it doesn't involve a toilet.

This story is propaganda and shows their (willful?) ignorance of the medical procedure.

I can't remember WHERE I read it, but I swear, I read somewhere (probably over the internetz) that most of those "dead baby" pictures? are of someone's miscarriage. Which makes it even more effing sick that they use them as propaganda.

They're actually mostly from this one professor at Madonna University-- http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/09/behind-19/

Archived