IGNORED

RIP Helen Gurley Brown 1922-2012

keen23

The ground-breaking editor of Cosmopolitan magazine has died at the age of 90.

Awww. I remember first seeing her as a teen in an interview. I remember that she said to "enjoy the sex" in relationships and flings; wow. It was eye opening for me. Great lady who wasn't afraid to break boundaries and speak her mind. RIP, Helen.

Hmmm...she also said women should even sleep with men they normally wouldn't, to be nice to the men (I read her book). At any rate, she had quite the life!

Hmmm...she also said women should even sleep with men they normally wouldn't, to be nice to the men (I read her book). At any rate, she had quite the life!

Oh, yeah. I didn't agree with every opinion (including that one), but she was just brave and audacious to even put it out there that women had and fully enjoyed sex, and that it was perfectly okay for them to be the initiators, not just passively waiting for guys to take the lead. Thank you, Helen. ;-) You're a big reason I've never been afraid to enjoy sex, and you *are* the reason I've usually asked the guy out first.

Oh, yeah. I didn't agree with every opinion (including that one), but she was just brave and audacious to even put it out there that women had and fully enjoyed sex, and that it was perfectly okay for them to be the initiators, not just passively waiting for guys to take the lead. Thank you, Helen. ;-) You're a big reason I've never been afraid to enjoy sex, and you *are* the reason I've usually asked the guy out first.

Yes, she was brave, and most definitely audacious!

I heard an interesting remark regarding her. It's well known that many feminists didn't like her. But the intriguing thing that one feminist said about her was, "Serious feminists want to change the system, but Gurley-Brown used the system." Something to that, I suppose.

RIP to the woman whose influence pioneered the modern feminist movement.

I imagine fundies everywhere (especially the Stinking Lousewife) are cheering her passing.

RIP to the woman whose influence pioneered the modern feminist movement.

I imagine fundies everywhere (especially the Stinking Lousewife) are cheering her passing.

That's highly debatable.

Archived