IGNORED

Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin Webinar "Reclaiming Beauty"

Want More Babies

It would have been $50, but session #8 on attracting a potential husband got lopped off. i wonder why.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would have been $50, but session #8 on attracting a potential husband got lopped off. i wonder why.

Yeah that's weird. The best people to ask about attracting husbands are SAHDs. I notice they seem to have all the answers and wisdom.

I think they are 21 and 23. Which actually isn't too old.

WHAT?! They look in their mid-30's in that picture.

Yeah that's weird. The best people to ask about attracting husbands are SAHDs. I notice they seem to have all the answers and wisdom.

I think that information is old. It's been at least a year since I read they were 23 and 25, and I think the older one is only a year younger than me and I'm closer to 28 now than 27. So in fundie world that's pretty old.

I think that information is old. It's been at least a year since I read they were 23 and 25, and I think the older one is only a year younger than me and I'm closer to 28 now than 27. So in fundie world that's pretty old.

Oh my gosh. Maybe they are keeping their site deliberately out of date.

That is old. 21 and 23 you're still pretty immature (I can say that because I am 24 now haha) and a lot of people, even non-fundies, are still floating around deciding what to do, maybe taking a break from work/study and single. But 25+ and still living like a teenager where the highlight of your day is writing a sexist review for a Disney movie? Oh dear.

On their website it says 23 and 21 years, as of 2006.

So they are now 29 and 27 this year...

Oops. I must have missed that. I thought it was current.

Their age seriously changes everything. I thought they were crazy, but this is even more crazy...and a little tragic.

Ah yes, the infamous "Bringing Home Rebecca" blog post from 2006 - I sometimes wonder how ol' Rebecca is faring these days. For those unfamiliar, it's worth a read:

ahthelife.blogspot.com/2006/09/bringing-home-rebecca.html

Look closely at the photos, and you'll spot Rushdoony-ite John Robert Moore, along with the Reins damsels and their eternally supporting parents.

Look at that picture aat the end of poor Rebecca! She looks mortified.

My boss in in her late 50's, owns her own successful business, is twice divorced and a stunner to boot. Her previous husbands obviously didn't do a good enough job keeping her at home. I wonder what would happen if this crew showed up at my office!

On their website it says 23 and 21 years, as of 2006.

So they are now 29 and 27 this year...

I think they may have updated their ages on that post at some point becuase I don't thik either of them are older than me.

anna-sofia-and-elizabeth-botkin.jpg

:shock: Whoa! I always thought AS's looks would go, first - but E is not looking her usual stunning self, there!

I'm being srs. Generally E photographs very well. Here - not so much. :(

Meanwhile, while AS and E are worrying about home-made beauty products and color analysis, cousin Katie is in Iceland, hanging out in the Blue Lagoon (which is indeed an awesome place):

kbotkin.com/2012/08/07/the-blue-lagoon/

Seriously, these fundie women ladies girls have the narrowest lives. Running a seven-part webinar on beauty? Even if you're denouncing the beauty industry, you're still buying into the hype about beauty.

How about seven awesome places you could travel to and have an amazing time and maybe learn something about the world and your place in it? Try THAT.

(My list, all of which are places I've been: Iceland, Japan, India, Jordan, Chile, Morocco, France.)

Yes, the Blue Lagoon (and Iceland in general) is awesome. But the Robotkins would never go there because it's highly secular and, by at least one report, the most feminist country in the world, complete with an out lesbian prime minister.

And, much as I dislike objectifying people and judging them on their looks, they look at least as old as my daughter, who is nearly 34 (but still gets carded all the time).

Of course I am going to shell out the 44 bucks for this. I want to be shown how I did it all wrong, and still ended up with the best husband on the planet (for me). Oh yes, I cannot wait to learn about "Sprucing up my Temple" from these poor, deluded

"ladies". The last blush of youth is fading from their cheeks, and in the distance? The sound of pruning shears.

I saw the phrase "Blue Lagoon", and my mind immediately went to the Brooke Shields nudeathon. I can't imagine what the Robotkinettes would do stranded on an island with A MAN. I remember it only because it was my first nude movie.

I will, of course, need to make sure my daughter is nowhere around, as I absolutely do not want her malleable mind hearing such drivel, but I would be proud to write up some fabtastic recaps.

I had to edit this. The photo posted upthread makes them look older than I am, and I am old enough to be...well, their older sister, but still... damn. I hope they can teach me how to get that Closer to Jesus hair and the "I am not a jezebel" painted face! I hope I can ask questions.

It would almost be worth the $44 to be able to question them.

How did their cousin Katie, who appears to be very attractive w/o watching the webinar, manage to avoid all this crap? She must be glad every day she wasn't born in their branch of the Botkin family.

I know many people don't "look their age" but I feel like with the fundie women/girls it's always one or the other extreme. We have people like Sarah Maxwell in her 30s who still looks like she is about 12. I'm younger than Sarah and get mistaken for younger than my age fairly often because I'm short, but I think even I look older than she does just because of how I dress/do my makeup/etc. This doesn't surprise me because I would bet they are trying to look younger (if single) and/or are so conditioned to act around that age that it just shows in how they dress. Then we have people like AS&E (and, more often, a lot of the SAHMs who seem to prematurely age from stress/lots of pregnancies/etc.) who look significantly older. I just feel like I rarely see a fundie woman who I could place in the correct age group. I don't know what this says about them, but it is kind-of weird.

The Rebecca thing... wtf. I think if they showed up to my workplace I'd be calling security...

edit because I forgot an "and"

:lol:

Remember when Anne Rice decided she was a Christian? And then later decided she wasn't?

She never wrote about demons either :lol:

She never wrote about demons either :lol:

Whoa. I thought of those books immediately, but didn't say so because I didn't want to lead any of you to the false conclusion that they might be hidden on the top shelf of my bedroom closet. Because they AREN'T, I tell you!

Yes, I agree--Anne Rice may well have something diagnosable going on upstairs.

Makes me want to FedEx a Kindle pre-loaded with Roquelaure's finest to them with the message, "Pssst! From a friend!"

Sigh. Their current webinar is the lite SAHD version of Dougie's food fest: much ado about nothing.

Oh my gosh, that's TOTALLY fucked up!

Please tell me that was a joke. Please, please, please.

She'll be working for "the man" alright. She just won't be getting a paycheck, respect, freedom, or any benefits.

Do you get to download and keep the videos cos $44 sounds like alot to pay to just watch something once?

Whoa. I thought of those books immediately, but didn't say so because I didn't want to lead any of you to the false conclusion that they might be hidden on the top shelf of my bedroom closet. Because they AREN'T, I tell you!

Yes, I agree--Anne Rice may well have something diagnosable going on upstairs.

Makes me want to FedEx a Kindle pre-loaded with Roquelaure's finest to them with the message, "Pssst! From a friend!"

Sigh. Their current webinar is the lite SAHD version of Dougie's food fest: much ado about nothing.

I think she was Catholic and then decided she couldn't agree with some of the (non) social justice stances of the Vatican so she no longer wished to be affiliated with the church. I didn't think her original desire to get back into her religion was that out of the ordinary, and I thought her later desire to quit was pretty reasonable... she's not as flip-floppy as Brandy at least :twisted:

Ah yes, the infamous "Bringing Home Rebecca" blog post from 2006 - I sometimes wonder how ol' Rebecca is faring these days. For those unfamiliar, it's worth a read:

ahthelife.blogspot.com/2006/09/bringing-home-rebecca.html

Look closely at the photos, and you'll spot Rushdoony-ite John Robert Moore, along with the Reins damsels and their eternally supporting parents.

I read that, and in the comments some one asked what happens if Husband kicks it, and they answered with a LONG post. If anyone of you can get through all the fundieisms and bullshit, please tell me what the hell it says as I gave up reading the post, it made me need a drink.

http://ahthelife.blogspot.com/2008/07/w ... nging.html

I call bullshit on that budget! Buying clothes makeup, shoes, haircare, accessories and cosmetics for an entire year for $130!?Even thrift shopping (which clearly these two don't really do) I can't imagine that budget for all those things for an entire year!

and $44 for 7 hour seminar from two uneducated hicks, please. :roll:

Actually, $130 per year is totally doable. I'm certain I spent less than that until pretty recently. I am an amazing thrift store shopper, I am conservative with beauty products, my feet haven't grown in years, and I almost never go to the salon. If you have long hair, you can have someone trim it and you don't need much in the way of product. If you sit around most of the time or are otherwise sedentary, you don't wear stuff out.

Guess what! I just gave you all some valuable beauty tips, fundie-style!

Here's my best guess at the rest of their webinar:

On make-up: Shop at Walmart. Purchase cover-up, light brown eyeshadow, dark brown eyeliner, mascara, blush, and lip gloss. The cheap stuff will work fine, because you want it thin anyway. Make sure that you cake your face in cover-up, and then dust everything on lightly. Never appear in any gathering of people without your make-up because you might meet your future mate and/or be photographed. Never wear heavy eyeliner or red lipstick; those are the marks of a harlot.

On clothing: Shop at Walmart. Buy some tight-fitting t-shirts to wear under other clothing. Then go to the thrift store. Buy denim skirts and various other dresses. Make sure these are not from the 1980s, although 1990s era is still fine.

On shoes: thrift store, and Old Navy flip-flops. You are allowed to buy a pair of tennis shoes new, although they should be as cheap as possible, and only for "fitness," which consists of walking up gentle slopes and lifting three-pound weights a few times in the privacy of your own room.

That's it, folks! Add some sanctimonious posturing, and you'll all owe me $44 each. Thanks. I'll be expecting your checks.

Archived