IGNORED

Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin Webinar "Reclaiming Beauty"

Want More Babies

Ok, I'm in. The sanitized tapeworms were the tipping point....I am now breathless with anticipation for the "image rich" content promised. I can only imagine how these two are going to airbrush. Spinsterhood. Also, didn't Nathanial D try to court one of the Botkins and got the brush off?

WHat's the link to the Facebook page with the tapeworm ad? I'm just not finding it!!!!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WTF

At least he's an exchange student and isn't stuck there...for a second I thought they'd adopted him. Ew poor boy.

I feel sorry for her, that one year one article was so creepy. Calling her husband her boss, ostensibly as a joke but not really. And she didn't have many positive things to say about not working, did she? Certainly nothing that benefitted her, except "having breakfast and lunch when I choose"....um well I get that anyway, try flexitime. And the "being available to my husband at any time of the day and night" was also creepy and weird. Firstly because that sounds slave-like, and secondly because you don't need to stay home to do that, you just need a mobile phone.

When they say "being available", it's usually code for being sexually available. Which makes it even more creepy and weird, but a cell phone wouldn't quite cut it in that case :?

Haircolor in a box is between 6 and 15 bucks, depending on what one is using. (I was at Walgreens today and was looking at hair color, deciding, yet again, that I can't pull off purple, no matter how much I want to) Every 6 weeks= 9 x 6= 54 on the cheap end. That is more than 1/3 of their budget, even if they use the cheapest stuff on the market.

My hair color (I do it myself), shampoo, and conditioner is over $155 a year. That's just hair, and I'm pretty cheap! Add another $75 for makeup, $70 so far for shoes (2 pairs of Converse), but I will need new boots this fall, the last pair lasted me 7 years but finally died. Clothes, probably $130 and I buy things on clearance (that covered 2 bras, socks, undies, 2 pairs of shorts, 3 shirts, and a sundress), come fall I will need some jeans, so lets call it another $80? (I shop at Target).

So for crazy thrifty me, I will spend close to $600 this year for myself for clothes, makeup, & haircare. Not bad.

How long before this gets edited?

N This is all very interesting, I am proud of young Christian Women like you, all beautiful and domestic and feminine, but sadly I will not see you in the Kingdom of our Lord and King Jesus Christ, because according to my Pastor, who is a Calvinist like your Doug Philips, Women have no souls. But God bless you though.

M so how can they walk around, if they dont have a soul??

N The same way animals do, don't you read the bible? If you don't then your a whitewashed Feminist

M whitewashed?

M then how come women feel and rationate?

N Whitewashed-meaning to conceal or gloss over (wrongdoing for example).

N Women are easily lead astray by the wiles of the Devil (as he did with Eve) and therefore they must be guided by either a husband or father. If she has neither, she is lost (despite lack of a soul at least she will be remembered as a virtuous woman).

N My Pastor also says that women have no feelings or rational only affectations. After all that's what is said in the Holy Word of the Only True God.

M oh. well i respect whatever your opinion is. im just trying to really understand your way of thinking...

N Be careful that you Marilia do not be lead astray to the wickedness and deceitfulness of Feminism, it is against the Patriarchs of the Scriptures and a sin before the eyes of God. Any Independence of your own is an ugly sin.

M then what are women here for?

N And the Botkinettes are good example of submission to Biblical Patriarchy; pure, chaste, innocent, awaiting for their future Husbands and Lords while at home under the authority of their Father and brothers, criticizing movies with no real men or real women, and dressing modestly and virtuously.

M so you say that there is no hope for women?

N No hope for women in cults like the Botkinettes that is, they grew in a Patriarchal, anti-feminist cult that treats women like property; she belongs either to the father or husband, she cannot have a job or go to college, she must only be a devoted housewife, mother of many, and her father/husband is seen as the 'priest, patriarch and king'

M so who has hope then?

N Sorry about the whole 'women have no souls' thing. But what these Sisters do is all to support their patriarchal, dominionist, misogynistic perversions of the Scriptures. Their theology describes a relationship between dictator and wife and children. The Father is the 'God-figure' in the sect and without him all women and children are damned.

ETA - we got a shout out -- is "N" someone we know? :D

How long before this gets edited?

ETA - we got a shout out -- is "N" someone we know? :D

I could not find this conversation on their page. I assume it got taken down. Sad day.

Look at the page, go to the comments on the entry on sanitised tapeworm, and click on the link: http://autoimmunetherapies.com/helminthic_therapy_FAQ.html

I so didn't believe it that I googled it. Someone PLEASE tell me that the wikipedia page on this is a spoof!

OK, no it's not:

'>http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=helminthic-therapy-mucus

Maybe Anna Sophia and Elizabeth are going to recommend infestation with little wriggly things as a beauty cure . . . . bots instead of Botkins, as it were . . .

Look at the page, go to the comments on the entry on sanitised tapeworm, and click on the link: http://autoimmunetherapies.com/helminthic_therapy_FAQ.html

I so didn't believe it that I googled it. Someone PLEASE tell me that the wikipedia page on this is a spoof!

OK, no it's not:

'>http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=helminthic-therapy-mucus

Maybe Anna Sophia and Elizabeth are going to recommend infestation with little wriggly things as a beauty cure . . . . bots instead of Botkins, as it were . . .

I've heard it's popular for weight loss in some places

I could not find this conversation on their page. I assume it got taken down. Sad day.

Oh, yeah -- it was gone pretty quickly. Glad I copied it!

wonder if this will stay on the fb page

""Charm is deceitful, and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands and let her own works praise her in the gates." (Proverbs 30)

If a young man is attracted to a young man simply because of her bodily beauty, what happens when that beauty fades away? Or what if it's charm? What happens when a more charming woman happens across his path?

As a young Christian man, what is most attractive to me is a young lady who is humbly seeking to glorify God with all her life, who loves what He loves, cares about His work and His people, and His Word, and who has a healthy perspective on aesthetics.

Beauty and charm are okay, too. But true beauty comes from the heart, and is radiated through ones face!"

Normally I try to refrain from commenting on anybody's appearance, especially fellow women's, but if you're trying to make money off it, I think that crosses the line into fair game. These chicks aren't ugly or anything, but beauty gurus? I think not. Maybe this was an off day for them, but they're clearly posing next to their (more secular) cousins like they're inviting comparison, so could someone please tell AS & E Bot their appearance is far from the tastefully-put-together maidens of virtue they're trying to sell? They look they bought these duds from a 1990s thrift store and didn't have enough money left to buy a hairbrush. Also, they don't look like they're in shape at all (since they mention working out in their list of topics). I am not trying to be mean, but geez, people. If this is the fundie idea of haute couture then they might as well all make frumptastic denim gunny sacks and save themselves some money.

I think Anna and Elizabeth are pretty girls. I think they dress well given their fundie restrictions. I think they know how to dress and do make up but maybe not enough to give paid advice. However, they are fundie-royalty status and the fact they are gorgeous by fundie standards probably makes their webinar a viable financial package.

At least they aren't advising frumpers for all.

i kinda thought they would be more strict makeup is allowed and they aren't super modest.

There are like 180 people attending now. Almost $8000!!!!!!!!11!!

When they say "being available", it's usually code for being sexually available. Which makes it even more creepy and weird, but a cell phone wouldn't quite cut it in that case :?

I did think that, but if the husband still has to work, then her being home doesn't give them any more sex time!

They personify the fundie slut look? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay at home daughters with bed head and the come-hither look. Whodathunk it?

They personify the fundie slut look? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Because their daddy is besties with Doug Phillips, and Doug Phillips is supreme master of Vision Forum - one of the main fundie fixes for gender stereotypical toys, clothing, articles, events... Also, they wrote a book! Which, well, was pretty much just whatever daddy dearest told them to write, but it seemed pretty popular. :P Kinda sad to think they will never get a chance to actually put into practice everything they are learning about being a perfect submissive wife... but hey, at least they can be the shining guide for other girls down the path of righteousness! Just $19.95 (plus S&H) please!

Archived