IGNORED

Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin Webinar "Reclaiming Beauty"

Want More Babies

westernconservatory.com/reclaiming-beauty-webinar

Here is a teaser:

“Reclaiming Beauty: A New Look at How to Glorify God in Your Body†will cover topics ranging from such practical issues as skincare, fitness, posture, voice, modesty, home-made beauty products, and color analysis… to subjects as penetrating as personal identity, insecurity, comparisons, worldliness, vanity, idolatry, our attitude toward others, and the state of our hearts before the Lord.

Discover:

• What it means to represent the Lord as His ambassadors to the world

•Where true beauty starts

•What the Bible says about beautification and adornment

•How we should respond to the world’s idea of beauty

•The history and philosophy behind the most popular garments

•The proper priority-level of beauty in the Christian’s life

•The biblical relationship between the physical and the spiritual

•What it means to be separate from the world

•What we can learn from the beauty industry

•What the beauty industry has gotten wrong

Get practical tips on:

•Clothing yourself better for a lot less money

•Making modesty and femininity look excellent instead of frumpy

•Making off-the-rack clothes modest

•Putting together great outfits with what you already had in your closet

•Using makeup tastefully

•Giving sloppy garments new life with minimum alterations

•Cultivating taste and style

•Getting out of a fashion rut

•Creating a minimum-time-and-effort plan for looking nice every day

A Webinar That’s Not Just Skin Deep

Webinar sessions will run every Tuesday evening, 7-8 PM Central Time, from September 25 to November 13 (excluding October 30). The seven sessions include:

#1. What God Says About Beauty and Beautification

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

#2: What Style Is Your Heart, Mind, and Soul?

Pardon Me, Ma’am, But Your True Identity is Showing

#3. Getting Your Temple in Order

The Physical Foundations of Beauty

#4. Fearfully and Wonderfully Made

How to Work with the Build, Coloring, and Natural Beauty God Gave You

#5: Putting Things Together

Composition, Style, Occasion, Accessories

#6: Acquiring New Pieces (and Revitalizing Old Ones)

How to Get What You Need with Minimum Time, Money, and Fuss

#7: The Focal Point

Being a Good Steward of Your Face and Hair

The webinar registration fee is $44 per family. It is recommended for young women 12 and up, although parents are encouraged to listen with their daughters. Participants will be able to chat in questions live.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will they give information on how to brush ones hair? Because all the recent photos of the blonde one look like she's either just walked through a wind tunnel ormjust had rough sex on the floor backstage before walking onto the podium.

I'm a bit confused. These modest and supposedly non-vain people put a hell of a lot more effort and thought into their appearance than most of the rest of us terrible sinful people.

Is anyone here going to shell out for the webinar? It could be an educational experience. Those girls are so disturbed.

Starting out as aesthetic ascetics and determined frumps who were clueless about beauty and fashion, Anna Sofia and Elizabeth have had to build their understanding of beauty from the biblical foundation up (a work still in progress). They have no beauty certifications whatsoever...They’re also interested in reclaiming the biblical family, film, art, music, and politics, and work with their family’s ministry.

RmwqnqL3Hbg

That's definitely the last thing I would ever imagine the Botkinettes speaking on. I would sooner expect an "immodest women are lesbian harlots!!" lecture than a fashion show from them. Who will they critique and condescend to?!

Who will they critique and condescend to?!

Anyone who isn't them!!!

They're not being very modest, or focussing much on the countenance. I'd say they're far more immodest doing this than someone in shorts and a tanktop. With this much focus on the outside appearance they're being pretty immodest. It also seems like something someone would do when they really want a husband. When you go by the courtship model all you have to work with is your outer beauty. It's not like some potential fundie husband will care what's in their brains.

Color analysis, you seem to say? Wonder if they're going to subcontract that out to the Ah The Lifers, who IIRC still link to that as a money-making opportunity on their blog.

ahthelife.blogspot.com

They're the sisters who merrily reported on how they and others interrupted a place of business to "bring home" a young woman so that she'd only have her husband to answer to, and not another man (ie, boss).

They're the sisters who merrily reported on how they and others interrupted a place of business to "bring home" a young woman so that she'd only have her husband to answer to, and not another man (ie, boss).

Ah yes, the infamous "Bringing Home Rebecca" blog post from 2006 - I sometimes wonder how ol' Rebecca is faring these days. For those unfamiliar, it's worth a read:

ahthelife.blogspot.com/2006/09/bringing-home-rebecca.html

Look closely at the photos, and you'll spot Rushdoony-ite John Robert Moore, along with the Reins damsels and their eternally supporting parents.

My mom is totally wanting to sign me up for this. If she does I'm sure it'll be quite entertaining :D I'd love to hear about everything I'm doing is wrong, ungodly, AND that I dress like a skank! Oh boy! I can barely contain my rapturous joy!

Don't all of us FJ sisters count as a family?? $44 for our fam, right?

I'd also like to point out that whatever the Botkinettes are doing.... it ain't workin'. Crickets seem to be chirping in the fields of possible courtship. At least they are taking the night before Halloween off - you know, to prepare their countenance for the devil's holiday. (Treats, please!)

The 'Reclaiming Beauty' webinar. AKA 'Nothing we have done so far has gotten us husbands, people are listening to us less and less, and we seem to be dropping off the radar. We need to do something populist and facile to wheel those punters back in, raise our profiles above sea floor level and make everyone realise that ours is the standard of beauty to aim at. Oh, and to get husbands. Also, this was the nearest approach to usual female preoccupations we could strongarm our father into. We told him it was either this or outright rebellion. PS. We really mean it about the husbands. We're desperate here guys. Zach Bates? Anyone? Please!!!?!?!?'

They have no beauty accreditations whatsoever, though they do have experience dressing for everything from speaking engagements to political events to concert harp performances to good old dirty work around the farm, and each get everything they need (clothes, shoes, hair care, accessories, cosmetics, etc.) for around $130 a year.

I call bullshit on that budget! Buying clothes makeup, shoes, haircare, accessories and cosmetics for an entire year for $130!?Even thrift shopping (which clearly these two don't really do) I can't imagine that budget for all those things for an entire year!

and $44 for 7 hour seminar from two uneducated hicks, please. :roll:

I call bullshit on that budget! Buying clothes makeup, shoes, haircare, accessories and cosmetics for an entire year for $130!?Even thrift shopping (which clearly these two don't really do) I can't imagine that budget for all those things for an entire year!

and $44 for 7 hour seminar from two uneducated hicks, please. :roll:

Oh come on, be fair. We know that at least one of them can't afford a hairbrush, so they must be a bit short on budget.

Ah yes, the infamous "Bringing Home Rebecca" blog post from 2006 - I sometimes wonder how ol' Rebecca is faring these days. For those unfamiliar, it's worth a read:

ahthelife.blogspot.com/2006/09/bringing-home-rebecca.html

Look closely at the photos, and you'll spot Rushdoony-ite John Robert Moore, along with the Reins damsels and their eternally supporting parents.

Mmmmm... they went to Braums.

Color analysis, you seem to say? Wonder if they're going to subcontract that out to the Ah The Lifers, who IIRC still link to that as a money-making opportunity on their blog.

ahthelife.blogspot.com

Oh my gosh, that's TOTALLY fucked up!

At first glance, they appear to be quite lovely. But when I look more closely, there is something that just seems to be off about them. It's a combination of the too-smiley smiles and a weird emptiness in the eyes, I think.

I think that's the expression that one adapts when one realizes that one's youth is slipping away from them - well, not so much slipped as grabbed by their grasping control freak of a father - and the marriage prospects are looking pretty grim. That distracted look in their eyes... they're trying to shut out the sounds of their biological clocks - which, in Fundie Land, are probably more like Big Ben as opposed to the alarm clocks of us ungodly whores. They're gradually attaining dried-up spinster auras. How old are they now, anyhow?

Meanwhile, while AS and E are worrying about home-made beauty products and color analysis, cousin Katie is in Iceland, hanging out in the Blue Lagoon (which is indeed an awesome place):

kbotkin.com/2012/08/07/the-blue-lagoon/

Seriously, these fundie women ladies girls have the narrowest lives. Running a seven-part webinar on beauty? Even if you're denouncing the beauty industry, you're still buying into the hype about beauty.

How about seven awesome places you could travel to and have an amazing time and maybe learn something about the world and your place in it? Try THAT.

(My list, all of which are places I've been: Iceland, Japan, India, Jordan, Chile, Morocco, France.)

Archived