IGNORED

LiaS engagement post is up.

tabitha2

So. Awkward. Especially the second, third (dear god why are you pulling down your shirt in a "formal" picture???), and last. And the close up of their faces right after the caption about how much he likes her just seems like he is trying not to laugh, not that he is enamored. She looks bored. The fourth is kind-of cute, she looks like she is teasing him by pretending to be smug (about getting him to go down on one knee per the comments) and he is playing along.

At least they have been "friends for awhile", hopefully that means they got some good conversations in before they started courting... :roll:

He was pinging my creep-dar in the earlier pic but I think it is that pinched close-mouthed smile. He looks a little better in the one where he has an open-mouth smile, I think second from bottom.

ETA: Holy crap did she and Perry seriously get married two days after being engaged? What's the point of even being engaged then - why not just elope? (Edit again just reread to see the dates were about two years apart. That makes more sense.) Also I love this: "I’ll do the best I can in my 3rd trimester and everyone will make excuses for me." nice

Why do they need to nail down a place for the wedding? Can't they just have it in the chapel in Doug Phillips ( is a tool) back yard and the reception around Doug Phillips (is a tool) swimming pool?

Why do they need to nail down a place for the wedding? Can't they just have it in the chapel in Doug Phillips ( is a tool) back yard and the reception around Doug Phillips (is a tool) swimming pool?

that's what they are expecting! His phone call back! ;)

Not for less than $74.95 a head and $395 for the bride and groom. That's a discount off the regular rate for Perry's employee bonus.

I hope they're more comfortable with each other when they're alone. It would be a recipe for awkward to have to pose for cutesy engagement photos being taken by your future MIL. If I were Deanna, I'm sure I'd be prepared to marry absolutely anyone to get my ass out of that house. Married student housing or a crappy apartment would have to be nearly palatial in comparison.

Of course it helps that he really, really seems to like her.

They're getting married in a few weeks- shouldn't it be a given that he likes her, loves her, and vice versa?

not familiar with this blog, but hey they are touching/hugging and she's wearing a tank top, so can't be too hard-core right?

The bride to be certainly appears to be ready to go from zero to sixty. I hope she doesn't break the groom.

I hope they don`t break the shelves! Oh, wait, she can actually sleep in a real bed once she`s married. I think I`d be eager, too!

The Coghlans are hard to to pin down...They wear pants,read very heavily just about about every thing,go to mainstream movies, the older girls work and get paid by Vision forum and drink and smoke and until you know what they believe they are rather funny and easygoing.Then their is the abortion protest with the kids screaming at cars,treating the children as servants,the disdain for doctors,public school etc,kids 8 to a room on industrial shelving and the strict patriarchy the adhere to

The Coghlans are hard to to pin down...They wear pants,read very heavily just about about every thing,go to mainstream movies, the older girls work and get paid by Vision forum and drink and smoke and until you know what they believe they are rather funny and easygoing.Then their is the abortion protest with the kids screaming at cars,treating the children as servants,the disdain for doctors,public school etc,kids 8 to a room on industrial shelving and the strict patriarchy the adhere to

and Mom packing iron while she does her house work and nurses...how can we ever forget.

Ok, so the only time "love" is mentioned is when the wedding dress is brought up. I just find it odd that, throughout the entire post about the couple, not one mention was made that they love each other. Sure, there was mention of the fact that they like each other a lot, but nothing about love.

I too hope she doesn't break him (in two or his spirit).

I have been reading this blog for years-they were my gate way fundies-and can safely say Deanna Coghlan is rather earthy for a fundie daughter and can't wait for the baby makin'

He looks scared to death. She looks like she is ready to just attack him and have sweet, sweet, sweet fellowship.

Of course, Deanna has been sleeping on Costco shelving for how many years? I'd be ready to marry just about anyone if it meant I could sleep in a real bed.

Off topic here, but when you look at the picture of the LiaS children on their site, the daughter next to Deanna just looks pissed off at the whole situation. Could she be one to say "Screw this crazy fundie crap! I'm going to live like normal people and sleep in a real bed and not have eleventy million kids!"

All the girls are theatrical and allowed, if not encouraged, to be expressive so i don't see her expression as anything like that, at least not seriously.

I can't help but like them a little. They are very creative...not in thr folk art way either.

Yea who would have thought to build illegal walls, use interior plywood panels as flooring and stack your kids on Costco shelves with only 2" of padding? :roll:

Yea who would have thought to build illegal walls, use interior plywood panels as flooring and stack your kids on Costco shelves with only 2" of padding? :roll:

Would anyone mind sharing the link of where I could find pics of LiaS' shelving-beds, please? I believe it's time for these fabled shelves to grace my screen! Thanks in advance:)

How do they get to the top "beds"???? How do you make the "beds"? Unbelievable. I'm sure that when one kid moves, the whole thing wobbles. Horrible!

Those beds are horrible. I can't imagine that the kids can actually turn over. I just really can't believe that so many people think this is a great idea and are doing it themselves.

http://inashoe.com/2010/09/4-moms-open- ... ms-part-2/

http://inashoe.com/2011/04/4-moms-qa-sl ... -bathroom/

Unbelievable. Thanks, Beam. How is it possible that someone looks at those and thinks they are something good? Positive somehow? Worthy of emulation, even????? Crazy.

Sorry to serial-post, but this is horrifying - almost (but definitely not quite) Emily & DNA horrifying. I just realized that the floors are uncovered PLYWOOD. What??? I know this isn't news to most of you, but it's so bizarre to me. I'm off to read more ...

Archived