IGNORED

LiaS engagement post is up.

tabitha2

How do they get to the top "beds"???? How do you make the "beds"? Unbelievable. I'm sure that when one kid moves, the whole thing wobbles. Horrible!

At least the top will get you some head room. Yeah, you could accidentally look over the top of the unfinished walls and see mom and dad making a new blessing ( :puke-front: ), but can you imagine being on the bottom? I'm not sure there would be enough space to turn over, and one of those bunks is shared by 2 kids.

Guest Anonymous

At least the top will get you some head room. Yeah, you could accidentally look over the top of the unfinished walls and see mom and dad making a new blessing ( :puke-front: ), but can you imagine being on the bottom? I'm not sure there would be enough space to turn over, and one of those bunks is shared by 2 kids.

I can't imagine letting a kid sleep in those contraptions. Stifled half to death on the bottom, and if you fall off the top (no rails!) you could crack your skull. They don't have air conditioning either, so imagine the bottom bunk in Summer.

Yea who would have thought to build illegal walls, use interior plywood panels as flooring and stack your kids on Costco shelves with only 2" of padding? :roll:

And build your house on your neighbor's property.

The second picture makes her look like she has a baby bump. We will see in about seven months if there is an "early" grandbaby.

Why do I HIGHLY doubt that the children begged for this set up?

I have two theories that might make the begging possible.

A- the novelty of the thing, which probably wore off fast.

B- The fact that there were likely multiple kids per bed, and having a shelf of their own was the first time they got any space to themselves.

This is my first time going on the LiaS blogsite. I started reading the woman's site and there's quite a bit of digging to do. Where does the mother stand in terms of fundie craziness? What does her husband do for a living? I read her post on living in a small house with ten kids and I can't believe she has like seven daughters and ONE bathroom!!?!?! She really reminds me of the Duggars pre-TLC. Still, I'm always happy to read up on crazy fundies who like to update their blog a lot. ;~)

Guest Anonymous
This is my first time going on the LiaS blogsite. I started reading the woman's site and there's quite a bit of digging to do. Where does the mother stand in terms of fundie craziness? What does her husband do for a living? I read her post on living in a small house with ten kids and I can't believe she has like seven daughters and ONE bathroom!!?!?! She really reminds me of the Duggars pre-TLC. Still, I'm always happy to read up on crazy fundies who like to update their blog a lot. ;~)

Perry, the husband, works for Dougie at Vision Forum. They are hard core fundies who hate gay people and want to take over the world, but they wear pants and shorts.

**ETA: They are also of the "The South Will Rise Again!" confederate fetishizing, Abraham Lincoln hating variety.

This is incredibly shallow, but... couldn't she have found a better outfit for keepsake photos? It is not flattering for her figure at all. I say this as someone who, after 5 children, a metabolic disorder, and a summer of sitting on my ass studying, has the same figure. I mean, an ill fitting tank top is not something you wear for a special moment. I am willing to bet that her belly was showing in the third photo and that is why she is pulling it down. And high waisted clothing does not work with that waistline. I know, because I have it.

She looks healthy and young enough that she could have just chosen slightly different cuts of clothing and looked a lot better.

Perry, the husband, works for Dougie at Vision Forum. They are hard core fundies who hate gay people and want to take over the world, but they wear pants and shorts.

Yeah, Perry's some sort of warehouse manager for VF. I think the Coghlans are a lesson in the fundie QF lifestyle. They live exactly the way that Dougie would claim people are supposed to live. They might sacrifice a few points in "modesty", but overall they hit the fundie high points. Yet you'll never see Kim and Perry at a turn-of-the-century dinner party. Perry and his daughters will never make it to the VF father-daughter tea. Other people will drive hundreds of miles to come to these events, but the Coghlans will never go, even though they're right in their backyard. Doug and his intern entourage can travel the world (in period costume!) but the people who actually make VF function won't be so lucky. Because Doug doesn't pay his own employees enough money to take advantage of the programs he offers, especially when they more than enough kids to field their own baseball team. He doesn't even give them affordable health insurance! This is not what Jesus would do. And Doug Phillips is a tool.

UGH. Who here has slept on the top bunk and had it wobble? *raises hand* And that was just one bunk! Tho' she probably stuffs three bunks in the space a normal two bunk bed has but still. And this fundy friend of mine thinks it's cute and the children chose it!

UGH. Who here has slept on the top bunk and had it wobble? *raises hand* And that was just one bunk! Tho' she probably stuffs three bunks in the space a normal two bunk bed has but still. And this fundy friend of mine thinks it's cute and the children chose it!

My mom got rid of the bunk beds when I fell out of the top bunk on multiple occasions. She then found my sister and I a bed with iron springs and a feather mattress that had to be plumped up every now and then. I slept in that bed with my sister until I was 13. I preferred the feather bed to falling out of the top bunk.

They're getting married in a few weeks- shouldn't it be a given that he likes her, loves her, and vice versa?

It should be in the Real World, but this is Fundie-Fantasyland. Love comes later, what matters is that they both have a hard onheart for Jesus, and their families like each other, the couple, or at least the female, is pure, and both are ready to make as many babies as possible ASAP.

This photo makes me very, very sad. The young woman is obviously thrilled, but I don't, necessarily, think it is particular guy, it is what he represents: A real marital bed. These remind me of my first marriage (in Fundie Fantasyland) engagement pix (I probably looked pretty ready to rumble, too), which also reminds me that Doug Phillips is a tool.

I believe She is absolutely certain she is going to have what her mother has and what she has been taught is the ideal-A husband who adores her and is very affectionate with a steady job,A house of her own she can do as she pleases with, and lots of children conceived and born easily and in quick order.That life has a way of crushing our dreams she is probably to naive and sheltered and simply young to comprehend

Archived